Edin Džeko @ AS Roma

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Real Madrid three-peat pretty much secured

2. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. In a one-game final, anything can happen. You bunker down, score a freak goal, and then you can overcome a much more talented team. Or just win in penalties.

I've barely seen Bayern this season, but the lack of competition in that league might hurt them. But they're still talented.

Liverpool is on a roll and has a good history in this competition.

Roma just beat Barcelona 3-0, and that's a huge accomplishment.

As a Madrid fan, I'm not sure who I want next. I'd prefer Bayern over a two-legged round, but I hope they get beaten by someone else in the other semifinal.

3. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Barca was definitely the biggest competition, even thought Juve could cause us problems. Haven't really followed Bayern this season though..

4. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Bayern is Bayern. Big names, solid players, German discipline.

If Roma play like they did today, hard to see who can top them. Liverpool are good - but they have the same inconsistencies as Roma.

Stoked for Dzeko, he's finally on a team in the semi finals.

Would be hilarious if Real collapse tomorrow and ends up being a juventus vs roma finals in the end. So many of you would be so salty.

Young Zmaj repped this.
  5. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Watched the match on replay and it was really a tremendous effort. Roma was a wet blanket on a baby pig covered in mud as they would say on a Monday night football match.

I hate manolas but he was good this game. Fazio just a beast. Always good to see ninja. Shick was playing really good defense as a CF. Lots of energy.

Cannot believe why pique pulls down dzeko on the play. Would rather trust the goalie to make a play than to pull down someone by the arm. Ref took a long time to get that communicated with the side judge.

Barcelona being exposed for playing a 4-4-2 against a high press. It took way too long for their players to huddle together for some short passes. Although they did have a couple chances.

Overall ridiculously good game.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    To be fair, Fazio should have been sent off with a second yellow on that bad foul on Iniesta especially after being told by the ref minutes before while complaining in the wall that it was his final warning.

But none the less, it was a deserved Roma win as they played like a team with nothing to lose and that earl goal was crucial as it just put a big blow in Barca's psyche that they couldn't recover from.

7. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Not really because his first yellow wasn't a yellow so it's a wish wash.

8. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, that was an interesting game. :D But we're through.

9. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, you almost lost.

That would have been amazing. Two teams in one year, overcome a 3-0 deficit when it has been done only twice before.

Crazy.

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Roma got Liverpool

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  11. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That will be interesting.

Any rules about Salah not being able to play against his former team?

12. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's not cup tied and he's not on loan (but I think that one no longer matters anyway). He signed last summer so he'll play.

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  13. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Damn. Disappointing to hear :D

14. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  15. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Damn.

Crazy to think he'll be retiring in a couple years.

Hopefully they can compete again next season, but if Roma sell Allison to Liverpool it's not gonna be a good season.

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    1031243216056733696 is not a valid tweet id

17. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  18. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
  19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We'd be having a decent season if Dzeko didn't turn into Emile Heskey. Needs to get his head straight and start banging on them in.

20. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lol ok..

Maybe if Roma didn't sell all their good midfield players or if they bought better players to support the attack.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I believe the last stat I seen was 55 shots, the most in the legaue and 2 goals. Even through the upheaval we have been creating a lot of chances. The team is now starting to settle and get to know each other. As I said, he needs to get his head straight now and start banging them in.

22. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They let Cagliari score in the 95th minute. Each game they get worse - not better.

The team is garbage. They needed to buy players to take them to the next level this year - not sell players that got them results.

Those 55 shots I would break down to scenario related as the team is poor many of them are most likely forced. I would say out of the 55 he's probably had 10-15 that were clear cut and criticism is fair on them.

Too many games this year I'm watching where Roma struggle in the midfield to control possession and create chances. It's infuriating to watch them this year compared to last year. Night and day difference simply because of corporate greed.

23. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Appreciate your best player in club hostory please

24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes the team is making mistakes both at the back and missing sitters. Injuries have been brutal and have not helped the manager get the new players to click. Throw in some skethcy referrerin like v inter and you have a recipe for diaster. Roma needed a break yesterday and 3 points to build on but you can't make it up. Manolas of all players to be in that position.

Of course out if those 55 shots they're not all clear cut. He should have 10-15 goals though. You guys get so defensive over any criticism. I expect him to stand up and make the difference as a big player. Those goals would be enough to have us close or in the top 4 right now.

Roma will be fine by season end and will make top 4 but we need to cut out individual mistakes. The team is good enough but when you bring in new players and have multiple injuries it's a compound effect. Pastore is back, perrotti is back. Dzeko needs to start scoring. It's time to turn it on.

25. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    IDK about top 4 dawg. That's stretching it.

It's not about being defensive, it's more about being realistic. The whole team is garbage when it could easily have been the other way around had management kept players and added depth in either experience or youth potential.