Eddie Pope Bobblehead

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCU9ted, Sep 5, 2002.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    The first 10,000 people to get in the stadium on September 19, 2002 against the Dallas Burn will get a free Eddie Pope bobblehead.

How many other DC United bobbleheads have come out? I think there are Echeverry and Convey bobbleheads. Any others?

2. DC Forever

DC Forever New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Rockville, MD
    That is awesome, I am going to leave work early to get to the front of the line. Not to mention that this is potentially the game that gets into the playoffs or not (obviously, a lot of other things have to go right first).

Between the big game and the Eddie dolls, what kind of a crowd do you think shows up on a Thursday night in September?

3. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Looks like there might be some bobbleheads leftover after Thursdays game...

4. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    My thoughts exactly....there should be plenty to go around...

Well, I'll be there to collect mine, for sure. A little consolation prize for watching a poor team all season.

5. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Eddie Pope Bobblehead

Then I guess this is the game where, instead of seeing an airplane flying around the stadium, we'll see a whole bunch of flying pigs.

6. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I doubt it. I'm showing up early. Any one know what the attendance has been like with other teams give aways? Specifically, how quickly did they run out?

7. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    As I understand it - season ticket holders are guaranteed the give-away, correct?

8. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Yeah, season ticket (and half-season, I believe) holders are supposed to be able to go to the DC United customer service counter (inside the stadium, near the main gate) and get their guaranteed giveaway by showing their season ticket stub.

That's how I think it's supposed to work anyway.

9. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Uh , are Cerritos and Rodriguez playing? Could we have a large Salvadoream turnout? Those bobbleheads can probably fly pretty far.

10. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Cerritos is out for the year. He got injured against New York on ESPN2 last week.

11. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    OK, what about Zarco? Is he a draw to the Salvadorean community?

12. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Bobbleheads!

I think Convey and Etcheverry are the only DC United bobbleheads so far.

I think I'll exchange my unused season ticket for an extra ticket to the game and walk out and back in for an additional bobblehead!

13. joshdcu

joshdcu New Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Hey, now there's an idea! I was wondering what to do with those extras. Hmmmm...

14. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    I wasin Pittsburgh for a funeral last weekend and the night afterward, relative and I decided to catch a Pirates game on a whim, mainly to see the "new" ballpark (great ballpark btw).

We were surprised to find it was Brian Giles bobblehead night and this apparently is why they had a big crowd for the game that night, between two struggling teams late in the season (Pirates and Marlins).

These bobbleheads must be some kind of promotional item. I expect 40,000 at DC for the Pope bobblehead, right?

By the way, I brought the thing home and gave it to my 3 daughters (age 7,4 and 2), who were riding home from the funeral separately. By the time they made it home they had ripped the thing's head off.

Not sure what to make of that............