Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I couldn't agree more....those guys are lifers and that senior experience and level head is what the team needs. Otherwise it's a squad of peter pans.

Sarmiento is injured and we'll see if he can recover mentally and physically to withstand a tough league like the PL.

Plata is already dealing with a legal issue and who knows what happens next.

Thus far, only Hincapie and Caicedo remain clean...

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm all for giving young players a chance but a team needs experienced players. Dominguez, Mena, and Arboleda bring much needed leadership to the table. Noboa could have been part of this group but he burned his bridge. Renato Ibarra too but he's battled injuries recently. Even Miller could have been part of the squad. He was doing well with Tijuana before the whole Nahuelpan debacle.

Hamstring injuries can be tricky. Players sometimes deal with the aftermath for years.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Darlin Leiton to Alianza Lima.

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mario Pineida to Fluminense is a done deal. Good luck to him.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Jordan Rezabala is rumored to go to Sporting Crystal. IDK if I said it here before but I had a feeling he would be another Jairo Velez. Kid shined in the U20 but I had the feeling he would struggle going forward. His physique is a huge disadvantage to him.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I was hoping he would blow up this season like other players that were promoted to the senior squad but the partnerships they have with Peruvian teams is nice. Players like him probably would get much playing time in any of the top 6 teams in Ecuador but he could go to Peru play for a top team there and get tons of playing time while getting foreign interest.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Alianza Lima and Sporting Cristal will play Libertadores so if they get playing time it'll give them an opportunity to showcase themselves.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is such an important point - la vitrina!

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luis Fernando Leon will leave BSC. It's said he has an offer from an MLS team.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #1287 The Machine, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Jose Angulo has been linked with Queretaro. They stay signing Ecuadorian players lol Fidel Martinez will also play for them next season. Quite a few Ecuas have played for them the past couple of years - Sierra, Orejuela, Betancourt, Perlaza, Montero, Toño.

He was playing well earlier in the year but then his form dropped off when he made the move to IDV. It's a good move for him imo. Bauman is the starter and isn't going anywhere.

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fernando Guerrero might be heading to Peru. Quite a few Ecuadorian players will be playing in Peru next season - De Jesus, Rezabala, Leiton, Jose Ayovi.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The more players we have aboard the better. Glad he leaving IDV a champion.

15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    And to be honest, your players are a perfect fit for Peru. Our league is much weaker than yours, and we have a ton of eyes from Mexico and MLS. Do well here and you have a chance to jump to those leagues. Of course, you have to do more than stat padding. Corozo is doing well in Mexico because he has all the conditions and he showed them in the Peruvian league and Libertadores.

I have my doubts about Rezabala but excited to see the rest.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #1291 The Machine, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Leiton and Rezabala did well in choosing to go to Peru. Both teams will play Libertadores. Will they get an opportunity tho? I don't know much about Alianza Lima but are they a club that gives young players an opportunity? Leiton is still very green. Will they be patient with him when he goes through a rough stretch? Rezabala has potentital and he's still young. Again I don't know much about Sporting Cristal but if they're a club that's run in a professional manner and they give him an opportunity i think he'll do well with them.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Rezabala to me is looking like a Jairo Velez part 2. Maybe He won't do well right away but I think he will do well in Peru.

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Several Idv players will leave the squad.

Anthony Landazuri should be announced by Fortaleza one of these days.

Guerrero will be going to Peru. His move is official.

Jose Hurtado and Bryan Garcia have been linked with moves abroad too. Hurtado had European scouts watching him yesterday. Athletico Paranaense has made an offer for Garcia. If given the chance Hurtado should go to Europe. If the offer isn't good then he can stay with Idv. He'll play Libertadores and I think Idv will have a good run. Castillo is the starter. Angelo Preciado is the backup. Six months from now tho? Who knows what will happen. With Garcia I'm 50/50. He's yet to consolidate himself. He won't start with idv. He's behind Pellerano, Faravali, Gaibor. They also have Marcos Angulo and God knows who else in their system.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    There been plenty of player that jumped aboard and where to consolidate themselves aboard even tho they couldn't consolidate themselves in Ecuador first. Brazil has been a great league for our players to adapt to so the move is exciting and good. I believe he can succeed there.

TBH I like that García kid I wish he did get more playing time but yes IDV has alot of midfielders our nt team too. We have bee producing alot of Volante mixtos like him.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #1295 The Machine, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    I watched him play a couple of times and he was solid. He'll get minutes with Idv when they rotate players and stuff but he won't be the first choice starter. It'd suck for him to go to Brazil and end up like Realpe tho. Young players need reps and it'll do him no good to ride the bench.

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That can happen to anyone but the team and the league are both good moves imo how many other teams would have made the move to pick him up MLS MX ? IDV have alot more players to produce it would suck if he gets benched but like you said There is a Marco Angulo that looking to break into the team a Mateo Ortiz too.

Jeison Chala and Gustavo Cortez made moves after having several good season and are benched so far it sucks and it happens it happened to Alan Franco too. But it could allow them to continue their career aboard like Franco or come back to Ecuador to a big team.

He could have a career like Gruezo who similar to him didn't have much playing time in BSC yet moved to Germany and saw alot more playing time and continued aboard. Anything could happen.

What we don't want to happen Is have our guys give up and let opportunity like this pass. Remember when Micheal Arroyo turned down offer from Germany cause he said he didn't think he would make it there. I would want to turn down Brazil just to get sent to MX, MLS, or Peru.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jordan Sierra has been linked to Toluca. I've said this before...dude needs to leave Tigres asap. The last two years have been a wash for him. He'll be 25 next April so he's still young. I liked the way he played. If he regains his form I think he can battle for one of the final center midfield spots. Gruezo, Moises, Franco, and Mendez have a spot with the NT. He'll compete with Carcelen, Cifuentes, and Alcivar for spot. The more competition the better.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I like Sierrra as well I think even a move to MLS would be great for him he needs a team where he can instantly get a starting position. Toluca may take him some time to break into the starting XI. Kind of like Chala in Atlas. But the good thing is we are stacked with midfielders we have a nice list to choose from.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luis Canga to Vasco de Gama. Brazilian football is competitive. They play in the country's second division. How does that compare to Liga Pro?

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It very hard to measure. Brazilian teams jump up and down in performance from year to year and next season they will have alot of big teams in Second division Gremio just decended.

I want to say the league as a whole would be the equivalent to Liga Pro if you took out the top 4 teams are replaced them with the top 4 of our Seria B.