Ecuador's team of the decade

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Primitive Ways, Jan 6, 2010.

1. The_Expert

The_Expert New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Ecuador's team of the decade? The 2008 Copa Libertadores squad. Plain and simple. The others? Who cares?

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused:

Er...I see you missed the point. Several of those players on Liga aren't Ecuadorian.

3. The_Expert

The_Expert New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Ok...so basically, LDU 2008 team stays the same except for Araujo, Vera, Manso and Bieler.

Is there anyone from Ecuador that could possibly fill those shoes?

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm liguista and thats insane for anyone to say.

The only one from Liga thats legendary status is Cevallos. plain and simple.

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    neicer reasco??? Walter ayovi??? Wtf!!!

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You have Neicer and Walter in your starting 11? LOL wow...

And Montero who has yet to prove himself?

Elizaga?? Espinoza??? Angel Fernandez? Eduardo Hurtado? LOL if this is the best you think we got, then we would be a horrible footballing nation.

The last two kill me...you said angel fernandez and eduardo hurtado hhahaha

well then heres my subs:

daniel viteri
    luis "el gordo lucho" caicedo
    carlos castro
    walter "la mamita" calderon
    cleber chala
    juan aguinaga
    the bucaram kid
    gustavo el potro figueroa

Beat that!!

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chala was not a bad player...he doesn't belong in the best of all time discussion but he was okay. Viteri on the other hand belongs in the Hall of Fame

8. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Two simple comments, you do know who Eduardo Hurtado is Right???????????????? 2nd topscorer of the ecuadorian national team with 26 goals... and wel excuse me but we were indeed one of the worse footballing nations in the continent. or should I remind you that we barely made it to the world cup in 2002, we have only gone to 2 more world cups than Venezuela, therefor if you think we had talented players before than your dreaming dude we barely started producing good players around the 80's and even then it was 3 or 4, now days we are producing a shitload of young talents per year which is great but this just started after 2007. One last thing, it is thanks to players like Neicer Reasco and Walter ayovi that we went to the world cup in 06 which was our best world cup, many other old players who played those positions failed to help ecuador to a world cup.

9. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anyone remember Walter Ayovi playing for the national team in 2006? If he was such a great influence in 06, he must be bitter because he did not go to the World Cup in Germany.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    walter ayovi didn't even participate in more than 2 games in the 06 Qualifier what are you talking about?

Eduardo Hurtado is labeled as the biggest mamon to have worn the NT jersey, i don't care about his 26 goals b/c they were all mostly useless.

Also, we didn't "barely" make it to 2002 WC. We qualified in 2nd place. that's not barely making, that's making it without a problem.

Also, just b/c we didn't make the WC before 02 doesn't mean that there weren't any good players or even more talented players years back. There were plenty of good players before that time, some even better than what we're producing now. Quantity isn't that important. I know we're producing a rack of good players b/c i watch the ecua league every week just about every game, but i still don't see an Aguinaga, Jose Villafuerte, Ulises de La Cruz, Capurro's, I.Hurtado's, J. Cevallos, Carlos Luis Morales, Spencer's.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Walter Ayovi got some minutes against Brazil @ home in the last Qualifier. Other than that he played probably 1 or 2 other games MAX.