Ecuador WCQ Matches vs Colombia and Bolivia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A. Valencia as a forward is actually pretty good! He is big and puts lots of pressure.

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Despite the loss and playing with only 10 players I think we played decent.

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a fantastic game by Ecuador. over a hour in Barranquilla with a man down and they should have tied the game. WOW. Excellent Tactical Game displayed by Rueda.

5. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good game guys. Even with 10 you played *At Times* better than Colombia.

I liked Paredes, Montero (what a head ache) Enner, and Valencia. Good luck on the rest of your matches.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well its official. Ecuador sucks. They played well but they have NO creativeness or a goal scorer. They have a stupid coach and a terrible defense. Even with a penalty in favor they can't do shit. Overall, Ecuador does NOT deserve to go to the WC next year.

In top of that Ecuadorian soccer is in terrible shape. Best players are stuck in terrible leagues while all the other South American countries export their players to Europe. Teams are all broke except for like 3 teams. No one goes to the stadiums. The U20 and younger teams are horrible just like the regular NT.

Ecuadorian NT has no bringht future at all. It's pretty much a waste of time trying to root for them because they are never going to win any international cups.

Goals is what counts. It doesn't matter how "good" Ecuador played. That is shit. I rather play ugly and win then play good and lose.

7. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Great game by ecuador even tho they lost..... If they keep on playing like this im sure we can win the last few games we have

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Acceptable loss, We played better than I thought we would,Colombia is a better team, I dont think Caicedo or even Benitez would have made a big difference, guys we can win next game. gives us 24 points, then we have to battle it out with Uruguay.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  9. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can see that even after Chucho death. Nothing will ever change in Ecuador. Not long ago, Ecuador was a top 10 team and now they are the worst with no future.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We didn't play well. The PK was a result of bad defending by them, not good attacking by us. We never looked dangerous. With an actual forward playing we might have done something.

11. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    anyone saying that wasnt a red is stupid , nothing more to it. As soon as i saw Achiller ******** that up i jumped up and screamed , ********en red card coming up...... and it was. I doubt Mina or Guerron would have done better than Enner. I wasnt a fan of him starting but how can anyone say he played bad?. Lets be real here, he put in a solid shift. We didnt do much to provide him any chances at goal. We couldnt even link up more then 2 clean passes for ********sake. Paredes was driving me crazy all game, he would mess up one second and the next he would offer a decent attack, Still we need a better RB. Valencia need to step it up man, near the end of the game he started to push up more and tried to create......he should have done that from the start. Castillo is too slow man, he needs to be replaced.

This entire game was cursed , over 1hour game delay. Blackout , Ospina looking dead, Teflo missing the sitter, Ayovi missing the Penal......... wow .

Montero is a beast. Rojas should have not came in . Guagua didint mess up. Noboa is inconsistent. Banguera....... gtfo, that goal was his fault........ how did James score from there man im so pissed, Thats the only angle he had , stupid banguera. We have no strikers to take the penal. If anything Valencia should have taken it.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nope. I play just like Valencia which was no worst than that red card. LOL. I'm still trying to see if it should have been a red card but can't tell from the reply

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We played with one man less for over 65 minutes, we made the third best team in the world sweat big, Uruguay, Chile, Peru Lost big here, we missed a penalty, Messi has done that, I agree its frustrating to lose like this, but if we start saying we suck and stop supporting then we are part of the problem.
    I dont think our soccer is in such terrible shape, yes there are financial problems, but thats always been the case, There are young players whom you have to be excited about, we arent the worst team, we were never the best, we are a mid table team that has to sweat, bleed and give it all to qualify.

lav92 and mac-0n3 repped this.
  14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chiles winning, we got to grab that fourth place.

15. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luigi gtfo here man. That post is worse then any negative post el argentino has ever posted/made. You should be ashamed of yourself for pressing "post reply" with that bull.

ECUA-718 and lav92 repped this.
  16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Banguera fumbles 80% of the balls that go his way.

17. Dazzle

Dazzle New Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    We have a phrase oft used in England - The league table does not lie. The team that finishes in qualification places absolutely deserves to go to the World Cup. Many "experts" over here expect Colombia to reach the semi-finals in Brazil next year but I just saw Ecuador more than match Colombia even with ten men for most of the game.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  18. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no idea how really bad banquera has been lately and to make it worst, that ball was going out which means Banquera is not confident enough to know where his god damn post are. That goal was all his. It makes you wonder if the sacrifice Achiller made was worth it.

19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Playing "well enough" is for losers. Ecuador always plays "well enough". It's mediocre and it will never get us anywhere. Yes I said that and I am mad. I am not ashamed, I said it cause it seems to me that people are just fine being mediocre and playing it safe.

What is it going to take for Ecuador to make the next step? I don't know, but all I know is that I rather play bad and win, then play "well" and lose.

20. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    dude , we were down 10men in baranquilla ... we hardlyt ever take point away from quito. The times we have qualified we have dominated at home and maybe taken a few ties againts lower table teams. This yr is no different. Calm down and breath .

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How come Caicedo didn't play?

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ayovi missing the penalty saved Rueda's ass. We didn't deserve a tie with that awful formation and starting with Enner Valencia who has no experience playing at this level.

23. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have to agree with you man, lately it seems like we're buried in a rut and we can't get out of it! Since that loss to Germany we've been nothing but downhill. It disappoint me how a team like Chile that started off mediocre in the qualifiers made such a huge transition even taking our third place spot... it's demoralizing, I wish the outcome of the game today would have at least been a tie, it's really disappointing when you have the result right in your hands and then it slips away because of a little accident. I envy the CHilean fans for the most part though, because no matter how bad they're team plays they still fill seats at the stadiums for their home games. Lets not forget how Chile had five losses in a row in the qualifiers last year and still their fans didn't give up.

24. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anything I would have been happy with the tie, I mean a lot of teams tie playing mediocre, at least we attacked and attacked even with 10 men most of the game. It's funny because I saw us play better one man down than one man up, still disappointing for the fact that in my head I prayed for that ball to smash in the back of the net and even visualized it beforehand, I blink and then I see the ball go beside the post and out...couldn't believe it I wanted to smash my screen so badly. I think the national team will get a lot of heat if this game costs them valuable points, now they need to beat Bolivia and at least tie Uruguay which won't be easy because they play well under pressure. I agree Enner didn't look prepared, he lost the ball easily with all those tall COlombian defenders and Montero as well.

25. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You sound like the typical person who comments on futbolecuador. Btw Ayovi was our best option, he missed...it happens. lol relax...Rueda played it right except for the Enner part which I still can't believe. With a win at Bolivia we are good.