Ecuador vs Uruguay WCQ Oct 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 9, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was there, and I saw it clear as f*cking daylight how the ball hit his hand.

2. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm with you and against on this on. I know our players messed up big time, but the point of refs and rules are so they are carried out as best possible, and technology will do that. If I wanted to see some game with a bunch of bullsh!t calls I'll go watch my high school team an the obese 60 year old glasses wearing refs who act like they are the real deal. This "bueaty of the game" arguement for the most part favors the big teams, very rarely do I ever see or hear that a referree made a mistake that ended in the underdogs winning. I'm tired of being the nice guys who have to let everything slide and just curse at our t.v's. I feel like sometimes these refs take advantage of their 'untouchable' status. In the heat of the moment if I was mendez or hurtado that day I think I wouldve pulled a Zidane and broke that punk.
    Let's stop being the pushovers guys.

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    At the beginning, Felipe Caicedo was moving like I've never seen him move before. He was making so many good plays but he screwed every single one of them up by providing a terrible "pass" at the end. It wasn't even a pass, it was a direct give-away.

Noboa was the MoTM for me. Always had excellent ball control and even recovered the ball a few times.

I was in Tribuna, pretty much at the exact center of the field, so I had a pretty good view. General Nor Occidental looked like the most alive section of the stadium. I was thinking that next time I go, I'll be in that section.

Maybe not anymore. On Sunday I was watching Ecuavisa and the program that came on after No-ticias showed clips of Valencia coming back out of the tunnel and yelling angrily at the taunters in General Nor Occidental. WTF? What the hell did Valencia do to deserve that? NOTHING. Stupid drunk idiots.

Noboa left the field through the same set of stairs that the teams entered the field from, right in front of tribuna. All of us, even though we were so angry and upset from the loss, still cheered for Noboa for his great performance. "Bien, Noboa!" everybody was chanting and applauding for him.

I had never seen Valencia act like that. He looked like he was about to charge the fans Eric Cantona-style, if there weren't a moat and fence in the way. Zura had to restrain him. It doesn't surprise me that Valencia would say that he wouldn't play for the NT again after seeing his outburst. However, it's still just spur-of-the-moment kind of talk. It's not that he means it, he's just really upset like all of us are.

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree,

The referees for the qualifiers have been pieces of shit, especially towards Paraguay and Ecuador.

Conmebol refs are the scum of the earth, I wish we had the technology to use robots or we should atleast ship some refs from Europe.

5. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    CONMEBOL refs are the scum of the earth,Rene Ortube with his antics to allow Argentina beat the smaller teams,Carlos Amarilla that Paraguyan scum bag who never blows the whistle on time when a game is over,Byron Moreno that theif that stole a victory away from Italy in the KOrea/Japan World Cup in 2002,and now newly inducted Salvio Fagundes that Brazilian ********er that gave away a penalty to Uruguay. We should seriously get refs from other confederations for the qualifiers becuase this is ridiculous,every referee gives calls for the team whose country is neighbours with his,or the bigger team in CONMEBOL,but its alright guys I don't think Uruguay will beat Costa Rica in el repechaje.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete made these changes: 1-Montero for Noboa; 2- M.J. Quiñonez for Caicedo; 3- Guagua for Espinoza. The team needed some attack but his mistake was to take out Noboa. He should have taken out Caicedo. He was doing very little or close to nothing in the game. That could have been the first change. 2- Guagua for Espinoza: because Espinoza was a bit slow on defense. For the type of offense that Uruguay has a team needs quick defenders. 3- Should have been M.J. Quiñonez for Benitez: he was missing everything and when one player is not playing accordingly, he needs to be switched. Vizuete should have started some other player on defense as oppose of Ayoví. I know that he is a good player but that is not his natural position. He could have put Ambrossi or the player that is playing in Espoli at this moment. When Ecuador scored another coach with experience would have calmed his team down and concentrate on defense. Espinoza appeared slow on the game and Vizuete should have made the switch earlier. Even a tie could have been beneficial for Ecuador. How can he still be involved with the National team of the younger players? He failed. He came close but that does not cut it. Now Ecuadorians are on the outside looking in. Playing in Ecuador or in Quito was not really home court. Ecuador vs Colombia 0-0; vs Brasil 1-1; vs Paraguay 1-1 [they scored a goal with 10 players in Quito]; vs Uruguay 1-2; Only in Ecuador is where mediocrity is rewarded that is why Ecuador's National Team will not go far any time soon. Look at the way the U.S.A. , Mexico and Honduras qualified. Let's not go too far. Look what Chile did. They got the best coach they saw and succeeded. If FEF sleeps on Bauza, they will see him go to another team or National Team. I hope not. He is practically begging to represent Ecuador as the coach. That is my humble opinion.

7. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Diego Forlán was deadly on both goals scored by Uruguay vs Ecuador. He assisted in the first goal that was scored by Luis Suarez. When Uruguay attacked on the 92nd minute, Forlán, passed the ball to Alvaro Pereira, at that point, Elizaga commits the foul to that player that caused the penalty shot. Of course, Forlán took the penalty shot and scored. What a great player that Forlán is. He was unstoppable.

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For both goals, Espinoza and Hurtado looked slow. They were no match to the speed of Forlán, Suarez, and other players. What a disgrace!!!

9. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Correction: In the 92nd minute- The ball was passed from Forlán to Edison Cavani.

10. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay always finds a way not to lose vs Ecuador.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    BUMP. Call me a masochist but I thought it would be fun to re-live the most painful match EVER. Look at Page 17 to recapture the horror as it happened...

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hate you.

13. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahaha totally forgot about siempreazul! :')

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah, what happened to him?

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Was he really a person or was he a bot? ;)

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Damnecuadorian, don't tell me you're going to watch the game live again....the last time you did that Man United got massacred by Barcelona...I know a good bar in Jackson Heights you can go to instead ;)

17. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey Manolo, what bar is that in Jackson Heights? I might be in Queens to watch the big game with some friends and wanted to know some good spots to watch it, in Queens/ Jackson Heights.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Jackson Heights is littered with bars that show the match. The crowds can get sketchy but sometimes that makes it more fun. El Abuelo Gozon is on 79th and Roosevelt, I like it there because they get the feed directly from Ecuador so the narration is exciting (unlike Bein Sport). There are probably 20 spots within walking distance from there that will be showing the game as well.

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What time is the match in Eastern time?

20. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Last time I saw la seleccion live we were already down 4-0 to ze germans by the time I got to the stadium. Lol.

Hey, I also know a good pizzeria in the Bronx where you could watch the match ;) But seriously, it gets PACKED!

Unfortunately, I'm not living in NYC at the moment =/

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No presence in the mid once again... all wing attack. No presence in the box either... Guagua almost gave a goal already to Cavani...