Ecuador vs Uruguay WCQ Oct 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 9, 2009.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    yes, indeed... he took a dive... and elizaga's momentum made him roll into him.

2. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    not even elizaga hit the ground already when the the player started his fake dived

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude, That's a penalty and so was the one on Suarez. As soon as that played developed, I said. ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where in the hell was Guagua??? It sucks for me, I needed Ecuador to Win for both reasons. I don't think Bielsa is going to let Ecuador off the hook in the last game and the way Argentina is playing, I would not be surprised if we tie or lose in Uruguay..

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    whatever man, we shot ourselves in the foot by not scoring on our zillions of opportunities. once again we were let down in the last minutes.....absolutely terrible. vizuete didn't make the proper changes, he didn't even use the proper starting lineup. props to montero, it's cuz of him and valencia's header that we scored. vizuete wasn't ready for primetime, caicedo was just terrible, lara should have started instead. we MUST beat chile.....jesus, this is such a shitty night.

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Our defense slowness did us in. And of course with a little help from the ref. Normally I would congratulate the winner but that ref really makes me wonder how legit their win actually was.

IT WAS A FUCCIN DIVEEEEE BRO I DONT GIVE A SH!T WHAT YOU SAW.

6. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    the other one was a penalty theres no question about it but yea our golie should have never been in that position and he did what he had to do and did it perfectly .... but the last play was no penaltly looked like it yes but it wasnt ... this game could have been 2-1 ecuador win that offsides they called on montero was a bullshit call too .... but ecuador ********ed this one up ... once they scored i thought valencia was going to try to tell everyone to chill and focus like last time i think he should have done that instead of jumping the adverting nd celebrating but im not blaming him he had a right to celebrate

7. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about the penalty on Suarez by Hurtado? Was that a Dive also? Don't blame the Ref. benitez should have scored at least one. This performance by Ecuador is CONSISTENT with what they have been doing all along.

8. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    i just relised i wasnt wearing my lucky ecuador jersey today ...im sorry guys you can blame me for the loss :(

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Re: El Universo Reports Switch

Noboa and Valencia got carded...:mad:

10. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It ********ing sucks big time..hopefully this doesn't stop ecuadorian footballers from going overseas.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i believe we can beat chile, but shit...can we actually do it? the stress factor is really killing me (us) we literally play for our lives, to live to fight another day....vamos ecuador, si se puede.

12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    That one really was a penalty, but it was about time a call had gone our way, that ref was fast to give out yellows to ecuador but not to uruguay. Either way, that whole display was a dissapointment today, from the cowardly the uruguayans were acting to how contrversial that ref was to how slow our defense is, to how bad our fowards are , etc etc.
    Anyway none of my b!tching is going to change the score. So let's move on. We already know exactly why we lost.

13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When was the last time Ecuador won in Chile? They completely destroyed Colombia today!

Tabarez is currently talking on Cre satelital.

14. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How the HELL do we even have a chance of beating Chile when our best player can't play next week (valencia). I honestly wish Hurtado and Espinoza couldn't play instead, these guys are painfully slow and need to retire. Honestly Vizuete had all the time he needed to give other defenders some time to acclimate to international play. Campos, Calderon, hell even Folleco should have had some more experience under their belts by now. Instead Espinoza has to be replaced by Guagua in such a crucial game :confused:

This is some crap. Chile is in third place and with reason. I'm dissapointed in Benitez, so much prospect so few results. And Caicedo? Wow I take my words back, he shouldnt be starting.

Is it still possible to qualify to the World cup? I think we'd need to beat chile regardless and depend on Uruguay and Argentina's results (I think they play each other last). This is some crap, if they wouldnt have lost focus, Valencia would be considered godly for that goal. Because it would have been regarded as as our qualification.

Here's to next week, our last chance! :(

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    as long as we win...obviously the goal would be to win 10-0 but is that gonna happen?! we can't even score 2.....as long as we win. that's it

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's been a rough day for everyone...tension runs high.

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We HAVE TO BEAT CHILE, man the TRI owes us this one, I don't care if we got to call Guerron, Bolanos, Gavica, Chala, Aguinaga or even el chanfle munoz, I just don't see us out of the world cup. ******** it I'm with it till the end.

18. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sorry Ecuador fans, but I need to give a warning here:

Next non-futbol related posts by guests to this forum will get infracted. Forum bans are also options.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol...but forreal, our team better bleed on wednesday for ecuador

20. Vecino del sur

Vecino del sur New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estimados lectores, una victoria sobre Chile lo veo bastante dificil y duro, obviamente no es imposible pero el equipo nuestro acabó de sufrir por su propia culpa y por culpa del árbitro una fuerte derrota emocional cuyos efectos servirán de hacer perder el enfoque de jugar bien en suelo chileno, lo único que veo como motivación sería un premio de casi 100 mil dolares para todos los jugadores.

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I won't mind seeing a Holger Quinonez - Montanero Duo again :D

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL did you guys overseas get to watch the showball match against Argentina? Man Montanero, Gavica, tanque Hurtado played a great match against Argentina but Redondo killed us, we los 7-5

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No I didn't. I saw clips of it. Redondo is the bomb. I might go to Ecuador later this year but it depends if i have time. I'm going to Heidelberg, Germany later this month. I'm thinking about putting my apartment up for sale.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Ecuador wins at Chile you guys are at worst 5th, no matter the score between Uruguay and Argentina.

25. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All true.

The sub wasnt Montero for Noboa, it was for Caicedo. This moves Benitez to play in the box with Montero and Valencia on the wings. Vizuete takes Noboa out and Uruguay finds more space to start attacking, and thats how we lost the game.

Don't blame the ref. We have one last bit of hope. I don't think we are going through.