Ecuador vs Uruguay 11 de Octubre 2013, 17:00, Eliminatorias.

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 30, 2013.

1. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the only place i know is legionamarilla ,there they have it on a small screen ,making it bigger looks blury but better than nothing.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So the Tricolor made it to Santiago....the stress level for this game will be through the roof- all we need is a tie and we're in!!!

As for this game vs. Uruguay, I was very impressed with Enner. Is Felipao hurt? I was reading something about a possible surgery? No idea...

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Youtube has this and almost all the other games.

4. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I feel like our only hope against Chile is to attack them. It would be nice to agree to a tie but FIFA rankings mean a lot this time around for the WC. It determines seeding and a loss for Colombia (they play Paraguay -_-) combined with an Ecuador or Chile win can mean a lot to these three teams. I say we attack them because that is the only way of exposing Sampaoli's flaw of playing too offensively. Remember their starting RB (would have defended Montero) is out after the red card during the Colombia game. Imagine Fidel and Montero linking up around that side of the field! I guess you can say we can chill and defend for 90 minutes but with Guagua or Achilier defending we would most likely end up getting scored on. This could also be a good chance to experiment a more offensive lineup with Ibarra or Martinez alongside Montero and Valencia. We are virtually in the world cup...why not give it a shot now?

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think for the game vs. Chile we could actually sit Felipe. Remember this is an away game meaning our formation can change and we got the tools to make it work to our advantage. Ecuador needs to play similarly to how they wanted to vs. Colombia. Meaning Ener Valencia as a false 9 again isn't a bad idea. Unless we want to play with someone in the box, then i'd go for Yoya- Martinez both up front or even Yoya-Ener. I'd give Felipe a break. He's given it his all and we've pushed him beyond his limits right now. I think he needs to focus on recovering from that injury right now and forget everything else. If Ener plays as a false 9, i'd consider Mendez as a starter in this line up with Noboa and Castillo behind him. Valencia and Montero far out. I think that would work out just fine vs. Chile. Even if we'd lose at worst it won't be more than 2-0. And if we want to be real, no team has beaten us by more than 1 goal in any away game besides Argentina. Not one team. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Our away games
    Paraguay 2-1
    Argentina 4-0
    Uruguay 1-1
    Venezuela 1-1
    Peru 1-0
    Colombia 1-0
    Bolivia 1-1

0-4-3, 3 pts. -7 GD

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Why hasn't the FEF or Chiriboga make a complain to Conmebol about this Ref taking away Joao Rojas goal that was clearly on sides ?

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The only thing they can do is suspend the ref for a while....while it was an egregious call, and MAYBE underhanded...the evidence isn't there for corruption or anything. They'll just tell him to sit out a few rounds of international games...wack if you ask me.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It must hurt so bad for Joao to know that he was unfairly denied what would have been by far the biggest goal of his life and one of the most important in the history of Ecuador. With that goal, the rest of the match would have been a real party and we could have even scored more with the comfort and psychological edge of a 2-goal lead.

I mean it wasn't even close...there were TWO Uruguayans behind him when the shot was taken.

Absolutely CRIMINAL decision and it disturbs me to think what might have happened if Uruguay ended up tying the match. Even now, the extra goal would help knowing that the only chance we have of not qualifying directly is goal difference. I don't want to get nervous on Tuesday if Uruguay is winning and we are losing. If either of those games goes into a 2-0 or 3-0 situation I may not survive the night ;)

10. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Based on how Ecuador played versus Uruguay how likely would you say it is that we can get killed by Chile? I'm pretty worried right now, if we lose3-0 and Argentina loses 3-0 we're getting el repechaje :( I'm so nervous man

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not saying it can't happen, but Ecuador losing 3-0? A catastrophe would have to occur. A red card and a bad ref or combo of both. But if those things don't happen, then it's possible for Ecuador to leave out of there with a tie and why not a win? Chile is defensively poor. They have -24 goals against them. That really bad if you ask me. When Chile attacks they don't have the same balance with Sampaoli between defense and attack that they did with Bielsa. Chile's defense is definitely easier to penetrate than some people here may think. The chances of us leaving Chile with a good result is very possible. Chile may start out very aggressive but if we can counter them with speed im pretty sure some players may pull back a bit to defend. It all depends on how well Ecuador counters. In this game we can actually use Ener as a false 9 like I said. He would be very useful IMO.

i'd go with:

Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, W. Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Mendez, Castillo, Montero; Ener Valencia

perfect game for Mendez so we can keep possession. If we have the score to our advantage i'd take out Mendez the last 15 minutes and put in Alex Bolanos....even if we have a tie in our hands i'd take out Mendez and put in Alex Bolanos. If Ener doesn't work out I'd put in Fidel in the second half. Even Renato IBarra can come in for Mendez if we want to be more aggressive and Antonio can move into the middle and Renato can take the wing. Rueda has the material necessary to come out of Chile with a positive result. Especially if we play like we did in Colombia minus the expulsion, penalty misses, and lack of effectiveness in the box. The pressure isn't as high for us IMO. We have the upper-hand right now on Chile and Uruguay w/ goal advantage. And even if Chile manages to win, i doubt it's by more than 1 goal. Anything more than that would be unexpected. I almost forgot we also had Sornoza. We could even play him to replace Ener if we wanted to. So we do have options. I'm confident about the game vs. Chile. Let's not worry too much guys. Like I said, a CATASTROPHE would have to happen at this point for us to not qualify.

12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Very true.
    Nevertheless very good game, we looked solid for once.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Even if it's not corruption, incompetence should not go unpunished. I have to nominate that for the worst call of the entire CONMEBOL WC qualifying process. These referees are supposed to be trained to keep their eyes on the ball and the last defender. I would cut him slack if the shot was from 30-35 yards out, but it was not far from the defenders or Joao, so everything was in his field of vision. And it's not like Joao was blocking his line of sight - they were 1-2 meters behind him and wearing sky blue shirts! Furthermore, linesmen are instructed to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, so even if the play happened fast and he wasn't 100% certain, that has to be given as a goal.

The problem is, since we won, we're not complaining, but if it was 0-0 and that was disallowed it would be a scandal. However it's better to be consistent and lodge complaints even when we win, otherwise if we only do it when we lose it just looks like we're sore losers.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    So Argentina sent Aguero and DiMaria back to their clubs. That means their 4 best players are not playing vs. Uruguay. There should be some sort of rule against this. Even exhibition matches require a certain number of players from the regular starting 11 be fielded. On the flip side, maybe it's good that there will be some new players looking to get a spot in the WC roster.

15. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tomorow's games are going to give me a heart attack man. Rueda has to have us at least push for a tie we can't afford to get shafted with el repechaje after playing so good on Friday. I just hope that we don't pull off the same shit that LDU Quito did in the away legs of the 2008 Libertadores finals and 2009 Sudamericana where we had the titles pretty much secured before the games only to let Flu catch up to us on aggregate goals :s.

16. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    We're gonna have to lose by 2 0r 3 and Uruguay win by like 3-4 goals.... Even with a Argentina B I don't think Uruguay is gonna win by more than 2 , and I don't see us losing in chile!

17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    ¿Cómo se siente sentir el GOL en vivo?

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Would rather see it from the stands...I'm sure someone took an iPhone video.