Ecuador vs. South Korea May 16, 2010

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by JLoeza, May 16, 2010.

1. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What was the purpose of taking other players for friendly games and the coach decides not to place them on the field? FEF get Vizuete out as the National coach. He has a typical backward mentalilty that is not allowing Ecuador as a team to progress into the future.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Horrible coach. He doesn't realize that guys in their mid-30s won't stand full 90 minutes against a strong team.

PS: Kaviedes, Hurtado and Fleitas should consider retirement. It'd help their country.

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    s korea 2 ecuador 0 final

what did we learn from these friendlies that we didn't already know?

d la cruz, hurtado and kaviedes are old and should retire.

fleitas and elizaga too.

arroyo, ibarra, mjQ and rojas deserve to be called up again to the NT.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete no tiene huevos....

5. Pepe-Silvia

Pepe-Silvia New Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    didnt see the game but i saw the highlights. both goals were so cheap and once again ivan hurtado was dead smack in the middle of it. isnt an older player supposed to rely on his experience and saviness?? this guy is 3 or 4 steps behind everyone. he cant even judge balls in the air. alsoi noticed that viuete only made about 2 or 3 subs. why isnt he letting some more guys get out there and get some playing time so that in the future ppl can argue a players validity because they lack experience.

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Hurtado, Fleitas, Kaviedes and de la cruz need to go.

J.Campos and J.Hurtado need to start in the defense from now on.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this proved Vizuete doesn't know sh*t about futbol. if your not qualified to coach a team don't do it. and again, for those who think Kaviedes was going to make a big come back there you go. Kaviedes is closer to retirement, then scoring his next goal in Macara. I love how Canal Uno just dissed Vizuete, i hope he watches the re-run...he needs to realize he's a failure and that those OLD WASHED UP PLAYERS need to GO.

Fleitas, Hurtado, Kaviedes...stop representing our country! leave while you can to preserve the good image you have in the memory of every ecuadorian. if I see them continuing in this "new cycle" Vizuete speaks of, then their rep is gonna be non-existant in everyones book.

Ulises thank you for everything. you were a great player. but your times up too.

Oswaldo Minda, your best shot is being water boy. I don't know who ever gave you permission to play futbol or touch a ball cuz you suuuuck. I'd rather watch 12 year olds playing back yard soccer then watch your boring mediocre ass play. I honestly didn't know he was on the field most of the game.

Elizaga, I don't mind if he's still there honestly. He's still got it in him and he's a good example for Alexander Dominguez to follow. Atleast just for a little while. I wouldn't wanna see him in the Qualifiers. I just think Dominguez should be getting opportunities as well instead of just watching Elizaga from the bench (Elizaga plays one half; Dominguez plays the other). Banguera should return to the NT. This season Dominguez and Banguera's levels have increased a ton. Rorys Aragon did good in that last game against Barcelona, I think it will only be a matter of time til he gets back to his old self..it's such a shame these guys aren't seeing a WC.

MJ Quinonez is not a forward. He plays behind the forwards. Another one of Vizuete's smart ideas. Does he not watch MJ play at El Nacional? Obviously not. the day MJ Quinonez is put in the right spot, we'll see the full effect of what he can do on the field.

Giovanni Nazareno, Joao Rojas, Miguel Ibarra, Pedro Quinonez, Alexander Dominguez, Jefferson Hurtado (even though we didn't see him), MJ Quinonez, and OF COURSE Michael Arroyo are all welcome to continue playing with the NT. I like what I saw from all of those new guys. The old guys are the disappointment and the reason we lost/tied against our opponents in these past games. I think these last 3 games are and the criticism Vizuete received about playing with guys in their mid 30's is going to make him realize their times up.

8. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have to admit the second goal was caused by a mistake from Ecuador. But the first goal was all about control and touch.

As a Korean fan I came here to ask you which team did you guys think were stronger? Mexico or Korea?

9. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

From what I have seen in both teams, Mexico looks the better side, and plays against higher competition.

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I don't know. mexico and korea have different qualities.
    korea plays at a much faster tempo and move the ball forward well. mexico combines their plays better, but lack precision.

korea has great fans that wear the red shirt proudly and so home field advantage played a part in your victory vs Ecuador. the other part was
    you had younger and faster players that were subbed in more often.
    so, props to your coach.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with what viagoal says

If we were to play Mexico at their home field we would have lost. The way Mexico played against Chile today was better than the past few games I saw Mexico play this past week in the US. Also, some Mexican internationals joined in this game against Chile today which was notable. I'd say Mexico's finishing is off, South Korea's is better. And goals are what count...so South Korea is the stronger team from what i've seen SO FAR. This does not say anything about what's going to happen in the World Cup yet. Anything can happen. OH and let me add that we don't have a coach. Sixto Vizuete is a tool.

12. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was somewhat of a dull match from both sides. I wish I could have seen Ecuador's full squad against Korea. But I was impressed with this Arroyo guy. Great burst of speed and agility. Looks like he could be great asset for the future. I also thought Ecuador's keeper did pretty good job despite allowing two goals, is he the first choice GK? What happened to Mora?

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i hope this were true. stop joking like that lol

Mora sucks now. Elizaga's our first choice keeper but i think it's safe to say that Alexander Dominguez and him are battling it out equally.

14. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oops, my bad. I was out of my mind, for some reason I thought Ecuador qualified. But I wish they did... My family briefly lived there about two years while I was still little, I guess for some reason I wanted Ecuador in the WCs lol sorry I didn't mean to offend.

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A failure. I saw the game.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999