Ecuador vs Portugal February 6 2013

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by The Machine, Feb 4, 2013.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our first game of 2013 is in two days and for the first time in ages, we are facing a quality European opponent. Jaime Ayovi wont make it to the game. He visa application was denied or something like that. Felipao is dealing with a minor injury, as is Erazo I believe. That being said, Rueda is optimistic it's nothing major and they'll be able to play. Here's the line up I want to see on Wednesday:

----------Dominguez-----------
    Achilier Morante Erazo Bagui
    Valencia Noboa Saritama Montero
    --------Benitez Caicedo---------

You'll notice that I didn't include Castillo. That's because I think he doesn't start the game. I'm thinking Rueda will want to field the squad he has in mind for the Paraguay game. I also wonder who is going to captain the team. My money is on Valencia, but I could also see it going to Saritama or Benitez.

2. techno_toro

techno_toro Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Astoria, QUEENS
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Solid analysis, machine -- and I agree that that's likely our starting 11. But if Rueda doesn't include Castillo in the lineup and doesn't name him as captain, then he's at the peak of his insanity and really should be getting his head examined immediately after the game. We'll never land a respectable friendly in the near future again if Rueda doesn't approach this game seriously.

BTW, any idea what channel/network will carry the game? Kickoff is 3:45 our time, I believe ...

3. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If you have direct tv I'm pretty sure bein tv will have it on.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can also see Rueda going with this line up to start the game:

----------Dominguez-----------
    Achilier Morante Erazo Bagui
    -Valencia Castillo Noboa Saritama-
    --------Benitez Caicedo---------

5. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Only the Portuguese network RTPi on Dish Network will have the game in the USA.

6. techno_toro

techno_toro Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Astoria, QUEENS
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ah, thanks Clen (for the channel info update, and for helping me cut weight!!).

Machine: I've lost all faith in Saritama; don't know what Rueda sees in him. Maybe he tears it up during scrimmages or something? He covers the field well, but always seems out of place and unsure of himself ...

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saritama just has what we call "garra". That's all. I don't see any creativity or offensive qualities that are of value in Saritama. And I'm saying this as a fan of Liga. I think what coaches appreciate about him is that he'll never stop running, recovering (or attempting to), and pressuring (or attempting to). I don't exactly believe he's an important part of this NT, but right now there's ton of ecuas that do. I remain with the same thoughts about him as I've always had. There's ecua's that didn't like him on the NT and the last few games they've been impressed with him to say the least and now always want him starting even on top of Noboa. He did perform at the level that he's expected to for being a NT player, but I still don't consider him a great player as others do.

Anyways, as far as the captain I have always said this as well- FRICSON ERAZO! I think he's the most appropriate person with the personality of an ideal captain on this NT. The only reason people will say Walter, Segundo Alejandro, Noboa, Valencia, or Benitez is because they've been with the NT the longest compared to the rest of the players. But Fricson is a natural captain. Just take a took at how he speaks in interviews. He's not scared to b*tch at any of his teammates and his leadership is visible from a mile away. At his young age, he has a lot of respect from the older players and by now he has developed sufficient experience to have the band wrapped around his arm. I don't see Walter Ayovi being half the leader that Erazo is. None of those players are....maybe Noboa can be a second captain, but as far as the rest, no way.

forward to 5:18 and you'll see even a 30 year old player like Narciso sees Erazo as a captain. And this was over a year ago, end of 2011 i believe. I've been watching Erazo since his first game with the NT and even before that with el nacional and he's always come off as a confident and inteligent person who is really respected. I've always seen him as the captain even before Mina said it.

techno_toro repped this.
  8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bagui as the left back?! Hahahaha oh man. Nani must be jumping with joy after he saw that line up. He is going to eat him for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'd take Montero too over Saritama. I'd still put Saritama in the middle as a back up to Castillo/Naboa for defensive formations. Other than that looks fine. As good as we are going to get anytime soon.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    any links of sites streaming the game?

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    GOOOOOOOOOLLLLL VALENCIA!!! FINALLY HE SCORES!!!!!

12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks. Great Game ! Valencia 1 Ronaldo 1 :D

Bagui is doing surprisingly good...

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IMO one of the best showings of Ecuador. Very very impressive, specially Caicedo. His technique has improved so much, and the surprise has been Montero. Montero's assist was one of his best and his defending has improved big time. Valencia is also playing very well and seems to be getting his speed back slowly. The defense is playing very well too and if this keeps up I can see Paredes going to European team, because he is doing a fantastic job against Ronaldo.

14. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I think Valencia only wants to play for la seleccion, Jk ... But he's looks like a totally different player, compared to his recent performances at United! I'm looking for a replay of that Ronaldo goal , appeared offside!

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes it was offside for sure. Still, that was a nice goal. I'm enjoying this game. I hope we at least tie it or win it. The game is full of speed lol... very entertaining.

16. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    JC should be playing in Europe ... He's defending CR7 very well

17. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I just saw the replay and that was clearly offside! Anyway on to the second half!

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well that was fun while it lasted... 2-1 Portugal. Bad movement by Banguera and the pressure of Bagui against who scored sucked in the middle part. Paredes couldn't stop Nani but he had to cover BOTH Ronaldo and Nani.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA OMG THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!
    2-2.

19. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    What a golazo ! #Felipao

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously what a golazo... haven't seen one like that from Ecuador in a long time. Wow. Very impressive! Time to go back to Spain Felipao!

21. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dammit. I wanted to see this game so bad :(. What's the current score?

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    3-2 Ecuador. You're missing out. Very entertaining game by both teams... just pure speed back and forth.

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol wow I haven't seen Valencia own people with speed like that in a long time. Seriously I think this is what Valencia needed to take off. I hope he is back!

ECUA-718 repped this.
  24. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Working bro :(. Who made the 3rd goal? Hope I can watch a replay somewhere later.

25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Caicedo... one of the most impressive goals I've seen from Ecuador in a long time... a true Golazo!

Quiñonez the weak link of the team right now since he came in. Really slow!