Ecuador vs Peru friendly in Spain, Dec 21

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La plantilla se juntará en la ciudad de Quito el día 16 de diciembre de 2009, y el compromiso está pactado para el 21 en el Estadio Vicente Calderón de propiedad del Atlético de Madrid, a partir de las 20h30 locales (14h30 de Ecuador).

Esta es la lista de convocados:

Arqueros
    Máximo Banguera (Barcelona)
    Alexander Domínguez (Liga de Quito).

Defesas
    Miguel Ibarra (Universidad Católica)
    José Aguirre (Emelec)
    Mariano Mina (Emelec)
    Jorge Guagua (El Nacional)
    Iván Hurtado (Deportivo Quito)
    Giovanni Caicedo (Deportivo Quito).

Volantes
    Fernando Hidalgo (Barcelona)
    Giancarlos Ramos (Deportivo Cuenca)
    José Luis Quiñónez (Emelec)
    Oswaldo Minda (Deportivo Quito)
    Michael Arroyo (Deportivo Quito)
    Hólger Matamoros (Deportivo Cuenca)
    Juan Carlos Paredes (Deportivo Cuenca)
    Michael Quiñónez (El Nacional).

Delanteros
    Edison Preciado (Deportivo Cuenca)
    Joao Rojas (Emelec).

2. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see new faces.... I believe Vizuete is taking a major step.. BUT WTF is up with Hurtado still there??? That's one major blip on the radar ! I don't care if he is there because he is captain and the one with experience to lead them, let them learn from their own mistakes! Search for a new captain ... for some else to fill that center back void. (keep in mind no internationals or liga players or else Hurtado might have been replaced)

BRAND NEW YOUNG "B" TEAM.. Hopefully all these guys will soon earn spots in the starting 11

Except for the goalkeeper, Vizuete did not call up any liga players because they're exhausted from playing the liguilla and sudamericana. He also did not call up any international players due to their hectic league schedules and participations in international tournaments.

3. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    I'm really scared for Dominguez that guy was a disaster against fluminense, reminds me of Mora.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Glad to see lots of the new players up there that I wanted to see...Paredes, Matamoros, Arroyo, Preciado, MJ Quinonez, and Dominguez...I was hoping to see Marcos Caicedo on that list, but i thought it wouldn't happen anyway...atleast not yet. I wish Deison Mendez and Michel Castro would have been on that list instead of Marian Mina and Giovanni Caicedo. That's where Viuzete messed up, hes continuing with the old heads (that suck).

5. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Damn what's up with that?Why is Hurtado still there??He's done I still don't understand why he's there,while we're at it lets call up Cevallos and Elizaga ???:confused:.ANd WTF is Chiriboga thinking we only have on candidate for coach now:Serigo Markarian,now if he rejects the oppurtunity we're back to plan A. NOthing!!!Fossati is completely discarded now,and so has Bauza,what about Alfio Basile or why not Carlos Bianchi??? C'mon seriosuly this friendly should be played with a new coach,not Vizuete,what's the point of waiting until June??

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOLZ:rolleyes:

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    what's wrong with Bianchi or Basile???I would consider them good coaches,and soon if Marakarian gets disacarded by being signed to another team,then we're screwed and will have to find new candidates.That's why Chiriboga should pick him already,and I think that for defense and forwards Vizuete could have looked up way more players.

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are you serious?! It would've been 7-0 were it not for some great saves from him! And in the games leading up to the final I thought he was excellent as well.

9. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the second fluminense goal was his fault because when Fred moved into the penalty area he could have snacthed the ball off his feet but instead fell back and let the ball go in the net,something Mora did in la seleccion alot.What about Villafuerte or Lanza?? these guys were decent, even Rorys Aragon!!

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dominguez can have some weak games, I've seen a few... Baguera is also a great goalkeeper... he def needs a chance to start. HE is one of the main reasons Barcelona didn't go to the B last season.

He has great reflexes and speed and actually hold on to the ball. Dominguez ALWAYS has butter fingers in his aerial game. Does not make me feel secure about the position.

11. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Victor Estupinan and Pedro Romo should have gotten the call up as well,and I think Jefferson Hurtado,Deison Mendez,Campos,and Calderon should have gone as well,but I'm mostly pissed off at the fact that our only candidate for seleccion is Marakarian right now,and any minute he can be discarded like Fossati.>>WTF!!!!I want to see a change here but I still don't see one......I still see Hurtado there when his time was done after the end of the Chile-Ecuador game in Santiago...

When will we see change???

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Patricio Torres....Change we can believe in.

13. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are you kidding me? Dominguez was crucial this campaign. The defense was just playing horrible at times.

14. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    no keeper would ever be expected to save that. That was just a bad error by his marker (N Araujo?).

15. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the defence was really shaky that day,especially from william Araujo and Norberto,they made so many mistakes that day,I don't fully blame Dooniguez,he's young and still has alot to learn and on the plus side he stopped many hard shots and close up oppurtunities on goal.I'm happy with him on the list,I'd start him with Banguera behind him as his sub.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That whole game was a disaster, the problems clearly started after the referee gave UDLC the red card. I can't peg defensive errors on just one guy when we were one man down, it seems a bit unfair...that was a disasterous call on the part of the referee that almost cost us the copa.

17. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    even the fox sports comentators were mocking dominguez, he couldn't hold a ball to save his life.

18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, one time they were comparing him to superman or something..

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and once to Michael Jordan

20. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes! It was Michael Jordan, not superman.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    His Airness lol...

Superman is the media's name for Tim Tebow.

22. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    yeah too bad MJ wasn't a footballer :p

23. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah but goalies use their hands.:p:p

24. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    prog·ress n.
    1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
    2. Development or growth: students who show progress.
    3. Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress. See Synonyms at development.
    4. A ceremonial journey made by a sovereign through his or her realm.

not prog·ress n.
    1. Friendly games, played against teams that failed to qualify for the World Cup, who will be using completely untested rosters just to try out players thus providing us with little idea as to how ours would perform against quality players or teams. Meaningless friendlies against the "c" lineup of horrible teams is not progress.
    2. Development of younger players, by picking them to play against crap teams, with nothing but other untested players around, by a person who is not going to be the coach of the team during the next qualifying cycle. Having Vizuete coach is not progress.
    3. Steady advancment in a circular direction, maybe even backwards. Running around in circles is not progress.
    4. A ceremonial journey made by a team to Spain to play in front of emmigrants because they miss Ecuador and are the only people who would actually pay to watch this crap, a crass money-making scheme with no positive effect on the team.

25. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Repped!