Ecuador vs Mexico - May 7, 2010 - Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Hey Guys, just got back from the game and wanted to stop by and tell ya'll that you've got some classy fans. I met a couple Ecuadorian dudes at half time and we had a great chat about our respective teams.

The game itself was meh....Ecuador did well in the first half and could've scored a goal or two. Mexico started slow but created a few chances that should've been converted. The second half was better since Ecuador seemed to drop off the ball and let Mexico control the tempo and while we did create one or two chances, none of them seemed legit enough to be converted.

No 7 for Ecuador was real good with the ball at his feet, or at least that was my impression.

A little piece of advice, pressure the Mexican center mids and they will cough up the ball and give you a chance to counter attack since the Mexican defense pushes all the way up to the midfield when we have the ball.

All in all it was a good time.

Cheers.

2. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    match: snoozefest

neither team seemed like it wanted to win. i rooted for ecuador obviously but 0-0 seemed fair

stadium: meh

i cant believe they spent almost a billion dollars on it. compared to the new cowboys stadium, this is a piece of $hit. it's just a glorified old giants stadium with an azzload more ramps / levels. to be completely honest, i'd take Red Bull Arena over the new meadowlands any day

parking: atrocious

my family got to the stadium 15 mins before me and parked in a lot relatively close to the entrance, and that was half empty. when i tried to make my way there, they wouldnt let me in. i explained to them i had family there and there were spots available, but they instead sent me all the way to the izod center. i had to walk all the way to the new stadium with my cooler/ grill. stupid

traffic: suicide

the drive home was exacerbated by: a) azzloads of traffic, b) almost every road that i needed to take was closed by police for some reason, c) construction... honestly why would you do construction when youre expecting 80000 people to drive by there at night

all in all.... i wish i had stayed home and watched the game on TV.

3. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    i agree with everything said here. and ibarra impressed me the most he should def continue starting

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    miguel ibarra was awesome. I seriously wasn't expecting him to play that well. Aside from Arroyo's good game, Miguel Ibarra was the best player on the field. I watch him regularly when Catolica plays and he's been doing really well there too. I'm glad he could do the same with the NT. Now all we gotta see is how people such as Jairo Campos and Jefferson Hurtado do. Hopefully they can secure the defense. With that said, all they'll need is experience and start getting adapted to play with eachother.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Arroyo and meeting up with Cris09 and damnecuadorian were the only good things from last night. It took me 3 hours to get there and 4 hours to get home.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We should have those rate the team threads. Also we should come up with and add and subtract system in which we pick the best guys for the NT team.

7. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was going to suggest the same thing. I think there some generally good critiques going. The next Copa America should give us a good round of fixtures.

8. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    really arroyo? idk i thought he was mehhh the kid is fast il give him that but i dont really see him making an impact on the national team soon

9. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I see potential but ehh :S

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If your in doubt of Arroyo that's pretty surprisingly.

If I'm correct, it was his first game with the big guys. And when you have Kaviedes who was non-existent on the field and 2 non-experienced players like Arroyo and MJ Quinonez on the field leading the attack then you can't expect more than what they exhibited on Friday. MJ Quinonez=potential because I know for a fact he could have performed better although his performance was ok. Arroyo is way more than just potential. Without a doubt the best ecua player in our campeonato. And this is coming from a Liga fan for a player from D.Chiquito.

All I gotta say is if you include Arroyo or MJ Quinonez in our starting 11 with guys like Mendez, Valencia, Castillo, and Noboa your not gonna be calling them potential anymore.

11. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agree Arroyo best player on the pitch out of the young guys. UDLC played a great game he is old and it's time to retire at least he went out leaving a good impression good for him. Boring game I hate the coach should have started the game with the fowards from El Nacional kaviedes is done ( stick a fork in him he is done) so slow it felt as though we played down a man for whole game what a waste of talent. Ibarra and Naz looked promising still a bit raw but definate potential.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    According to Vizuete, Kaviedes will be back to his old self. That alone tells you that we will see Hurtado and other 35+ for the next 10 years.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, "back to his old self" has a double meaning. Does he mean back to scoring goals or back to being the undisciplined brat he always was?

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm hoping for the latter...with some crack rocks sprinkled on top of it all.