Ecuador vs. Mexico May 28th- Seattle!

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by JLoeza, Mar 26, 2011.

1. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

2. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ah, I miss Seattle. I think I'm gonna go to this one! :)

3. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Nice city, I had the opportunity to visit last summer.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    too bad that pitch in a nice stadium is syntetic

bad for a fifa venue:eek:

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They might install grass for this one. From Wikipedia:

"Numerous exhibition games have taken place at Qwest Field. These games have included high-profile clubs such as Manchester United, Barcelona, Celtic, Real Madrid, and Chelsea. National teams such as Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, and China have played exhibition games at the stadium. The artificial turf has been temporarily overlayed with grass for international matches."

I saw my first Manchester United game there back in 2003.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Since this is the 10th time we play Mexico this year, maybe they should switch it up to make it interesting. Instead of playing on grass, maybe have them play on sand, like beach soccer. Or maybe have them play in a cage or barbed wire, WWE style. Maybe they can do it Roman gladiator style, with lions and tigers coming out from underground pits. How about goalposts made of fire??

7. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yess! and some hooters girls as referees wearing bikinis carrying the cards between their O O ,hell yeah! sign me up.:D

8. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Wonder if they'll be a significant Ecuadorian group at Qwest.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thinking of going to this game. Just gotta figure out how much it's gonna be from bay area to Seattle. Hope I can go.

10. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

The Bay Area to Seattle trip is nice, lots to see on the way. I did the trip last summer.

11. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we are gonna play like we did against Colombia I rather not watch this game!:eek:

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the starting 11 that Rueda has fielded in practice.

Alexander Domínguez; Néicer Reasco, Luis Checa, Friccson Erazo y Walter Ayoví; Segundo Castillo, Oswaldo Minda, Luis Saritama y Michael Arroyo; Cristian Benítez y Jaime Ayoví.

Checa, Minda, Saritama as starters??? And Ayovi over Caicedo?? I'm not even gonna say anything...

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Caicedo won't join the team till the last game. We are going to get owned by Mexico. Most of that line up shouldn't even be on the team, not even for try outs. I don't even want to watch the game.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luis Checa and Oswaldo Minda need to get the f*ck out of the line up. I'm curious to see what Fricson Erazo can do. He's done well in the campeonato this year. Him and Jose Madrid are young defenders that should be given a chance. As far as Jaime Ayovi up front, it doesn't excited me and it doesn't bother me. I just hope he does well.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've talked to a few Mexicans and they've said he underperformed this year. IDK I only saw a few of his games and he was ehh. So we'll see.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he didn't underperform. he did good, not great not amazing. Toluca in general "underperformed" as a team. He was a lone striker in that team and did ok from my point of view. No Ecuadorian underperformed in mexico this season. those ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes mexicans have repeatedly said each and every single one of our ecuas have done really well in their teams. There was even an article on that the other day. Not one of them were a failure. But besides Joao Rojas, not one of them was spectacular like Benitez or Ayovi in past seasons.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I usually dont root for you guys but since I don't like Mexico I hope you win. Hopefully Benitez plays like he did in Guadalajara when you beat them last time.

18. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Where are you from?

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am in Chicago. I root for USA and Colombia.

20. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gooooollll Arroyo.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great goal by Arroyo. The rest of the game? Crap! Ecuador got mostly dominated by Mexico. Arroyo should stay in Mexico cause he plays good there.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a boring game. I'm so disappointed in the sh*t hole we're digging ourselves in with Rueda. He bring no spark and no life to our team. With such a great generation of players it's just awful to see them playing like this.

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yep the center field was awful! Saritama didn't do anything! I just do not understand why is he still been called up to the NT. He just flat out sucks. Rueda is killing our team single handily. I hate that guy.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    los comentarios al final del juego - fueron muy distintos, el chepo de latorre hablaba de un equipo muy ordenado tacticamente, que no deja espacios para jugar (se referencio a rueda en terminos elocuentes)

25. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone that watched the match want to give a review on how our boys played?.