Ecuador vs. Colombia - October 8 - NY Red Bull Arena

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 16, 2010.

1. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Re: FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs. Colombia- October

I would replace Arroyo with Bieler. :D any news on the Bieler's nationalization?

2. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

4 Septiembre contra México en Guadalajara (confirmado)
    8 Septiembre contra Peru en Miami
    10 Octubre contra Colombia en Nueva York (confirmado)
    13 Octubre contra Polonia en Canadá
    17 Noviembre contra Columbia (again?) en Quito

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/15658

3. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I thought that two of the friendlies were going to be against European opposition as well. WTF? All FEF are just talk, they're ********ing stupid not that POland is a bad team, but honestly why face Colombia a second time? Serioursly why not face Switzerland or Sweden? Or Croatia? Or some medium European team as well? Wtf is wrong with the FEF?Wouldn't surprise me if they cancel two of the friendlies either honestly.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

That's another negative impact of not qualifying for the World Cup - good teams don't want to play us. We'll have to get used to this and just try to make it next time around.

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'm sorry, but what good teams did we get to play against when we DID qualify for the world cup? USA and Mexico don't count. We did play France but they fielded a C team.

6. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Didn't we play the netherlands when we qualified they're good.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

A good candidate to take Ayovi's spot is G. Nazareno. and Arroyo is not a forwars he is a midfielder (plays on the left).

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I dont know about you but I sure as hell dont want to fall even lower on the FIFA rankings-its embarassing to be on the 50's, and dead last in SA behind the likes of Peru and Bolivia. I agree we should play a quality opponent, but not against a team like the Netherland-at least not yet, not to be pessimistic but thats a loss.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Completely agree, we should not only plays against quality European teams like the teams you just mentioned, but why is that we always play against freaking Colombia, Mexico or Peru. We should play Uruguay, Paraguay, and Chile to prepare for the qualifiers and Copa America.. We always struggle against those teams because we are not familiar with them. It makes no sense to me.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I must have terrible memory but I honestly don't remember this.

That's because we NEVER take a friendly seriously and play to win. That's something I really wish would change.

11. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

The FIFA rankings I think are still ridiculous because I have yet to see the friendlies that Peru and Bolivia have won over Ecuador to be that high up in rankings. Thtaa's what I've been saying in the rankings forum, but those CHilean idiots and those Paraguyan forumers just say we talk shit and that we're jealous that Peru is playing better. WTF?? I mean no ones even seen Peru play yet and theey're already saying they're better than us?

12. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Actually Ecuador did play against the Netherlands in a friendly and this was in April of 2006 before the World Cup as a warm up game. Ecuador only lost 1-0 and I believe the goal was a penalty.

13. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

pepe,

Those Chilenos and Paraguayos have never said that Peru is better than Ecuador. No one in the CONMEBOL forum has ever said that. You have mis-read or mis-interpreted some of their posts. Just take it easy..

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I remember that game. I was really excited to see Van Nistelrooy and Cocu play, they didn't....It was a good game, I think it was Mendez who almost scored from a freekick.

15. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I knew I remembered that game

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

we struggle WAY more against Mexico and Colombia. those are the two teams that got us on lock, but your right it gets annoying and repetitive to play them every time

17. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Brazil, Sweden, Ireland

18. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I can't for the life of me remember a time when Ecuador has faced Venezuela or Paraguay or Chile or Argentina in a friendly to be honest. It would be a good prep match for the qualifiers that are up and coming and to be more familiar with how the other teams display their teams as well as their players(at least some). I think if the FEF made a friendly versus Venezuela I'd be alot happier than the three friednlies against Mexico and COlombia. I think variety is always good, and the FEF should make us play other South American countries besides Peru and COlombia every once a year, I mean Why not Venezuela? Or Chile? I think the last time we faced Chile in a friendly was in 2004 in New York. But, I can't recall Venezuela.

Either way this friendly against Venezuela would benefit us alot more, and benefit Venezuela alot more as well so they woudn't have to play weaker opposition such as Aruba, Netherland ANtilles, and Panama, which is reality doesn't benefit anyone and doesn't serve much of a prep match for any team with good enough standards.

19. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

actually, i think it's the opposite. they take friendlies more seriously, and official games not as much. winning the friendlies and losing when it actually counts, with Christian Benitez: king of friendly matches and the Mexican league..

20. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yes more friendlies with Venezuela , Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay cause I want to check out the hot girls that would go to the stadium :D

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

The honest and best justification to why weshould have friendlies against those nations

22. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

if that's the reason, then I wouldn't be opposed to playing Colombia every single match

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I hear Guadalajara is something else. And Miami is Miami.

I've never been to those to cities, so I'm seriously contemplating going there for the games.

And by games I mean girls.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

we know :cool:

25. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Going back to Guadalajara tomorrow...good times, and the libertadores final was great! Too bad I'll be taking off next week before the Mexico game. People know how to spend money in Guada just like Miami. Any of you guys going to the game in NYC?