Ecuador vs Colombia/Domingo Junio 10, 4:00pm (hora Local)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jun 4, 2012.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, somehow we need to move past the horrible performance that was the match in Buenos Aires and get the 3points in this one, did anyone watch the game "Peru vs Colombia" how good does Colombia look? I didnt get to watch it.

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Colombia had better luck. They used the long ball and attacked more from the left meaning we need to have a secure left/center at left back on defense. Erazo and ?

We definitely need to replace Saritama :poop: in the middle

3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    vs Colombia Erazo needs to replace Campos , Castillo for Saritama. And of course Montero needs to start.

Banguera,

Achilier, Guagua, Erazo, Paredes

Valencia Castillo, Noboa, Ibara

Rojas (Benitez) - Montero

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You cant be serious about starting Guagua dude...the guy is slow as hell and doesn't read anything...I would want to see how Achillier and Erazo pair up...playing in Quito, I wouldn't mind seeing Paredes, I've been hard on him before but his form has been okay with Quito and Valencia will have his back when he pushes forward. In the midfield, Valencia and Montero on thw wings, with Noboa and Castillo. I still haven't made up my mind on who should lead the attack.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Para Colombia yo quiero:
    3-5-2
    Banguera,

Paredes, Achilier, Erazo

Valencia, Castillo, Noboa, Suarez, Montero

Rojas - Benitez
    ---------------------------------------------------
    4-4-2
    Banguera,

Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Ayovi

Valencia, Castillo, Noboa, Montero

Rojas - Benitez (Ibarra)

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Banguera,

Achillier, Campos, Erazo, Ayovi

Valencia, Castillo, Noboa

Montero, Suarez, Rojas

Ibarra, Paredes, and Mendez ready to off the bench. A line up with more speed compared to the one that lined up against Argentina...this line can work only if our players had cojones

7. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did you guys watch the Peru - Colombia game? If they have Perea and Yepez starting then get Montero and Valencia in there! For some reason, I also think Mendez needs some playing time in this game to try and get some creativity from the midfield. And please, how does Rueda not know to use Benitez as a lone striker in the NT!! Don't do that again!!!

8. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    --------------Banguera

Paredes------Guagua-----Erazo------Achiler

Ibarra-------Valencia------Noboa-------Montero

--------------Benitez-------Suarez

9. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What happened to that big CB Perlaza? I. Mina? Also what happened to that CB for the U-20's who was very impressive? then there was that kid that went to tryout at Inter... There's got to be better options for our defence I don't mind sacrificing some experience for youth at this point.

10. JauncamilVargas

Jun 4, 2012
    We didn't have luck we had several clear goal opportunities end up behind the net including a clear header opportunity from Falcao.

11. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    must win game no excuses , anything less than 3points is failure .

Dida,

Achilier, GuaGua, Erazo, Paredes

Rojas - Benitez

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Perlaza plays sparingly, and Narvaez has played poorly with El Nacional this season...Deison Mendez is injured, which kinda sucked for him because he was starting regularly at Dep. Cuenca right up until his injury.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    --------------------------------------Banguera---------------------------------------------
    Paredez---------------Campos--------------------------Erazo-------------------Calderon
    Valencia--------------Castillo--------------------------Noboa----------------------Montero
    --------------------------------Rojas----------------Benitez--------------------

This is the best I can think of, I really do not want to see Dominguez nor Pedro Quinonez in the starting 11.
    Have Mendez in standby, I mean he truly has not disappointed in the NT yet.

14. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would reconsider having Valencia play in the middle since we don't have anybody to get on the end of his crosses.... I would prefer having him play as a stopper in the midfield and charge forward when necessary... We have other good wingers with potentially more ability who can cut in and be more involved coming from a wide position - Valencia is mostly limited to crossing... I feel strongly about this, we desperately need better containment in CM, why not play Valencia there?

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, Looking at Colombia's deficiency in the flanks I believe this will be a great game for Valencia and Montero. Benitez, Castillo (specially) are good headers.

16. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I see - Just some of the many players who reach a short-lived pinnacle and seem to spiral into a footballing limbo, I think there is a lot of cynicism in this regard but I would be lying if I said I knew where it stems from or how to resolve this problem - I will tell you I think it is not as simple as changing coaches.... Valencia seems to be special in this regard because he has maintained a stable and consistent impression at NT and club level - Do players simply lack motivation? Incetivism? is it corruption?

17. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    me gusta esta aliniacion , pero pondria a Ibarra con chucho ,cual es la otra alternativa para Ayovi,este jugador no esta jugando como puede,muy flojo en la marca e inprecision en sus pases. por ahi hay unos que alinean a Dominguez en el arco??? este man no tiene personalidad,lo que un buen arquero hace es comandar a su linea defensiva y este man se queda calladito y con la cara de miedoso al igual que rueda.
    Banguera,

Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Ayovi

Rojas - Benitez (Ibarra)

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    If we lose...I want to hear the entire stadium in a ferocious chant of "FUERA RUEDA!!"

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Guys - I am not optimistic about this game. Montero and Benitez up front lack height against the Colombian CB's. Montero is a winger by nature, he's great but he only scored 1 goal this year. Benitez has been playing poorly for several weeks now, he didn't score for America in the entire liguilla, and against Argentina he was a disaster. Rueda's refusal to call Caicedo and Guerron leaves us without 2 of our best goalscorers playing abroad.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I KNEW if Rueda played with one of his stupid line ups filled with random players that usually never start, then we'd be embarassed by Argentina- I said it, and it happened. I know going to Argentina with a 4-4-2 would be risky, but DAMMIT do freakin Benitez or Ayovi ever do well as lone strikers?? NOO. So wtf was this idiot Rueda thinking?

Every ecuadorian is bashing Jairo Campos, Benitez, and Alexander Dominguez, when they were the same ones placing them in their starting 11. All 3 of those players are just as good as they were 2 weeks ago before this game was even played. It's not their fault. The only person here to blame for this loss is Rueda. REINALDO RUEDA = 100% responsible. People need to understand that. Saritama SHOULD NOT be on the NT. You guys see that POS get subbed out after the first 30-40 minutes? How INCOMPETENT and embarassing. How do you even have the balls to call up a player like Saritama and then sub him out. It's like admitting you screwed up putting him in your line up which obviously shows he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I hope he finally understood that his favorite player Saritama SUCKS ass. NO MORE SARITAMA. Why in hell did Pedro quinonez start over Castillo?? WOW. I would LOVE to hear an explanation for all this. Not that Pedro Quinonez is that bad, but he does not have more experience to start over Castillo. And GUAGUA?? OMG. THAT was the biggest screw up move of the year. You got to be kidding me. Its like it was done on purpose. NOTHING makes sense. Why was Erazo benched? Rueda does not know how to create an ideal starting 11. He switches things up EVERY GAME. He hasn't found or should i say refuses to have REGULAR starters in his starting 11. In every single game of this Qualifier we have a different starting 11. RANDOM as SH*T!! Placing Campos out of place, Benitez as a lone striker, Guauga Quinonez and saritama as starters??

And we expect to defeat Colombia with this?? lol lets get ready for the next nightmare on Sunday cuz sh*t does not look good at all.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero as a striker? lol expect no goals from him. The goals WILL have to come from Chucho or a winger like Valencia who doesn't score much or Cristian Suarez. No one else on the team scores. The best bet is placing Cristian Suarez up front whether people like it or not. Hopefully he'll come through and play well.

My starting 11 vs. colombia:

Dominguez/Banguera; JC Paredes, Campos, Erazo, W.Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Benitez, Suarez

^ that's how we should have played against Argentina with Achilier instead of Paredes. But since Rueda is a little girl who knows nothing about futbol, we had to get embarassed.

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Every team I see they have a set 11 already no matter what. They put the players on position to succeed and help the team out. Rueda doesn't know crap about futbol. The line up did not make sense and everyone knew about it. Now that is the result of him not knowing Ecuadorian players well. I don't get how you can mess up so badly after so many months of preparation. Damn. I don't want to lose this game against Colombia but if we do I hope we get killed so that Rueda gets fired. Somehow though I don't think he will even if the outcome is really bad.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Even if we get hammered by Colombia, Chiriroba doesn't have the balls to fire Rueda. Doing so means less money in his pockets...Not to be fatalistic but Sunday is as close to a must win as you can get, not only will a bad result put a serious wrench on our hopes of reaching Brazil but if the team does not show heart and good play on the field, the scene at Atahualpa will get ugly, reminiscent of the scene after we lost to Uruguay in 09.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda should have called up another striker after Jaime Ayovi picked up his second yellow of the qualifiers. With Caicedo and Guerron both injured, that left Narciso Mina. Benitez is best used when he plays behind a box man. On top of that, we have no one that we can rely on to consistently win headers, and like you said neither Montero or Valencia are "finishers", and Benitez well...

25. JauncamilVargas

Jun 4, 2012
    Peru fires Markarian and Ecuador fires Reuda and they switch teams. How much you want to bet?