Ecuador v. Paraguay - WCQ - 26 March 2013 - Quito

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Goooooooooollll Caicedo!!!! Dude is just a beast!

2. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why does Caicedo have to take off his jersey again?! We need him to not get stupid yellows!!!

3. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    JC is playing like shit! I would drop Valencia back , and bring in Ibarra

4. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Valencia in the beginning was covered well but he got around a lot better towards the end of the half , it's just that JC doesn't look focused!

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Jefferson ********ING Montero!!

ECUA-718 repped this.
  6. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Jeffrey!!!!!!

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Goooooollll Jeffff!! I think that locks that left side for a while now.

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Omg Montero just killing Paraguay. What an assist! Goooool by Benitez. Wow. Keep them coming!

ECUA-718 repped this.
  9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    FACT: Benitez jumps higher than Caicedo.

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lmao! That's so true, but Benitez beats many people in jumping even for his height. If he was taller he would be one of the best forwards in the world. That aside, Caicedo can't jump at all haha.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Montero's goal has been my favorite of the qualifiers. What a rocket!!

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gooool another one by Montero. Wow two fantastic goal in this match. I cannot believe how well he is playing.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What did Montero eat for breakfast this morning?

14. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wheaties...

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well deserved victory, Quinonez was our weakest link but it makes no difference we get Castillo back for next game. Lima here we come!

ECUA-718 repped this.
  16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    congratz with the win

Uruguay hardly scored 1 goal against them, while you guys scored 4 in less than 55 minutes. Well done.

ECUA-718 repped this.
  17. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero was by-far the best player on the pitch . The commentators were all over his nutts lol . Great win by Ecuador .

JC Paredes : first half was awful and second half was better , lost possession and couldn't link up well. 6/10
    Frickson : He was solid overall , very composed and is a general in the back . He even pushed up a few times to try and get his head on the ball. 9.5/10
    Achiller : Honestly i didnt really notice him all that much , which means he didnt F Up or do anything special . But hey if i dont notice you in the back and we win the game , its a good thing . 8/10
    Ayovi : came forward a bit and passed the ball well , wasnt tested at all from what i recall. 7/10

PedroQ : Meh .... nothing special, cost us a goal , after that he was solid . Not the first choice player for that position anyways . 6.5/10
    Noboa: minus that f up , he was smooth , Nice heads up play and awareness for that quick free kick that lead to Monteros goal . 8/10
    Valencia : Beat his man at will , even when he had two guys on him he never backed down and always made the smart pass , i think he lost the ball twice. That second half he toyed with Paraguay, truly showed his class . 9/10
    Montero: What a performance from this kid . Valencia beats his man with sheer speed and strength... Montero is all flash and trickery and man is this guy agile . His final ball has improved by leaps and bounds . Nice finish , grate way to make space and put that cross in for chucho.... and pure class for his second goal . The Left is His and thats that . 10/10.

Chucho : was it only me or did his first touch seem very shaky . Never picked up a pass cleanly . He always has great positioning and always seems to get his head on the ball . His pace and skill keep defenders at bay and also opens up room for Felipao . Nice finish but besides that he didnt do much . 7.5/10
    Felipao: What a tank , his foot speed is nasty too . For such a tank hes damn agile and his dribbling is amazing . That play where he had two guys on him near the box and maneuvered passed them ... he should of shot with his left but tried one too many moves and lost possession.. He created a lot and won a few freekicks . I hate that he got that stupid yellow card. he still needs to mature in that aspect . Bullied two defender plus the goalie for his goal lol 8.5/10

subs: Saritama came in and kept the tempo Rueda wanted , Ibarra... he has a bright future , very fast and skillful. Rojas, like sari maintained the pressure and didnt let up

Rueda: Damn .... how far this guy has come ... he seems to understand our strengths and gets our players to preform . He made the correct substitutions and gave Ibarra and Rojas good playing minute for experience . i cant find one fault with his approach and execution today 10/10

18. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia had another average game :cautious: but Montero needs to do that more! what a game!! and Caicedo is a beast!

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great win after a gol bien cojudo,but I dont worrry too much,I know these guys will bring it.montero finally played to his potential, hopefully this game will give him the confidence to keep playing at this level.now ,to make paolo guerrero pay for his shiite talking in lima..get ready peru...

20. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    como ere de esperarse ya comenzaron a chillar sobre la altura en el foro de comenbol y lo ironico es que es un forista del sur..ja ja quien sera?una pista : a que equipo lo vacunamos en la altura y en el llano..adivina adivinador:D

21. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Montero had a great second half . he needs to do that consistently and especially at sea level. If he played like that regularly, he would be playing top flight European futbol. No European scout is going to believe that performance especially after 45 minutes in Quito. That Roma player Piris was absolutely DEAD when he got subbed. His face was candy apple red. LOL

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Confirmenme algo por favor, He leido muchos quejandose por que Felipe Caicedo sera suspendido, per yo creo que no, acaso no acaba de regresar de una suspension y x eso no jugo contra Venezuela?

23. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    what a performance

24. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You're correct, Chucho on the other hand couldn't afford to get a yellow or he would've missed the Peru game. I hope we have these 2 up top for the Argentina game though.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I see why you'd want this, but I say we go to Lima and fight that $hit out, we always have come out with at least one point from there, if we get 3 we comeback home against an Argentina team that might already be qualified.