Pre-match: Ecuador v. Bolivia - World Cup Qualifier

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Aug 11, 2008.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Ecuador v. Bolivia - 2006 WC Qualifier

fantastic game, pretty buzzed but what a great game....Benitez-Caicedo was a great dupla, Mendez played great, Neicer's injury has me worried, I really hope he's okay because Liga needs him and so does the sele....anyway, overall it was a solid game, but we need to tweak the defense for Uruguay and have Guerron pass more, the altitude definitely took its toll on him....Palacios was invisible, just as i predicted, he needs to come in earlier I think...We'll see what borja can do......

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yes, awesome victory, well played, I'm a little dissapointed in Bolanos and to be honest I wasn't too impressed with Benitez I feel that he didn't make the best decisions today, other than those minor details I'm happy with this 11 on the field, unfortanely we might have seen the last of Reascos for this year according to futbolecuador.com, we need to play a sart game on Wednesday.

3. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'm glad we got the all-important three points, but I'm kind of disappointed that we missed so many great opportunities. This game should've been 6-0!

This is great progress though. We can make it.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

We can but we will have to really depend a lot on other teams to faulter like Venezuela and Colombia.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Well, the main thing that happened today is that the guys that we need to start scoring actually started scoring!

Notice that Benitez fed Caicedo on the 1st goal, and Caicedo fed Benitez on the 3rd goal.

I mean Benitez is 23 and Caicedo is 19...if these guys can get comfortable together, we have a deadly combo for the next 2 World Cups.

There's still a lot of things to work on, I still think some of the running off the ball is lacking, as well as some more possession in the midfield, but I think we're finally starting to see the foundation of the post-Tin Delgado team.

We are now 2 wins, 2 ties, and 0 losses under Vizuete, 9 goals scored, 3 goals allowed....not bad.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Manolo...I would appreciate some of your thoughts on this thread as well.
    Otros partidos de las eliminatorias.

9. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

expect Urrutia, Valencia, Ambrossi and Mina against Uruguay. Vizuete got the rythem and velocity in check. Ecuador were a it to overconfident but the pressure that Uruguay will put on will stimulate our team to shine.

Keep an eye out for Caicedo although he won't play the next game; neither is Walter Ayovi.

Come Wednesday? This game is won.

I am so worried for Reascos. I think he is out permanently.

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Oh and Benitez has broke the spell. I think more goals are coming from this man (let's hope)

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Did you see Uruguay play today? The beat Colombia in Colombia.

I think you are being way to overconfident about his...

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Yes I did see the game. I also see where Vizuete is coming from. It's do or die from now on. We got the dream team finally. Holding Valencia, Ambrossi and Urrutia back was a great move. Can't believe you think I'm overconfident. I think you are underestimating our team IMO.

Come Wednesday, you will happily welcome my "I told you so's".

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I hope so - beating Uruguay in Montevideo will be a feat in itself. And by no means an easy one. I think it can be done, but it's unlikely - "do or die" or not! I am just keeping it real!

By the way, good to have you back, man! :D

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Been Back. Just had some technical all busters.

No We got this. I'm keeping it real myself. I mean, look how we played against Argentina with a team that I was not too happy with.

Vizuete, I believe, has a bit more freedom. I liked Mina in the begging even though he made some Major Muck ups. Against the friendly Colombian game, I like how he capitalized on his past mistakes as if Vizuete targeted those mistakes.

Guerron was a bit dormant in the begging but later picked up the pace. I believe it was to avoid getting carded. The line up will be totally different. I will post it in a minute.

15. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

I saw the game and I did like the speed that they were playing to!
    I think from the get go Vizuete playe to "Let's out run and outscore these guys" Which worked. I was afraid for a second cause we only had 3 defenders on the field (Hurtado, Espinoza, Castillo) This is why the Bolivian goal was so easy.
    Benitez and Guerron need to pass the ball more. When Palacios came in he was asking for the ball on the space, Palacios was in position but both ,Guerron and Benitez, preffered to do the individual play and lost the ball.
    Another thing was that sometimes we had 5 trikers w/ 3 or 4 defenders and werent able to produce a decent chance. OH YEAH I FORGOT Guerron needs to work on his crosses, cause he never did a good one today!

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Guys, Bolivia is not Uruguay and we are not playing in Quito!

17. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

It's all about formation and who gets to play.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Yeah they played the classic ugly yet effective ball they are famous for. Although, they faced a Colombian team that cannot score in a whorehouse.

I think Uruguay-Ecuador will be interesting. Both teams are playing well. Both teams are coming in with a little bit of confidence. Uruguay has the pressure and the expectation to win. We'll see how they handle it.

19. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

good (expected) victory...the uruguay match will not be easy..I do feel the team is talented enough to get a good result...lets see who plays and how it goes

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

To be honest, I will gladly accept to walk out of "El Centenario" with one point in our pockets, I expect our line up to be similar to that of the Argentina game, Cevallos, Mina, Hurtado, Sombra, De Jesus, Castillo, Urrutia, Guerron, Mendez, Valencia,Ayovi and Caicedo, I know most of you will want to burn me alive for such a defensive Line up but I mean Uruguay has scored 12 goals at home and only received 3, beating them there will not be an easy task so I'd rather go for the tie which seems a lot more possible. Remember that Vizuete stated that his goal is 10 out 12 points between September and October we got Chile in Quito next and then Venezuela at Caracas[or whereever the heck they play at], so by far THIS IS THE HARDEST GAME, If we come out playing similar to that game in Buenos Aires we should come out with a point and maybe even 3. anyway this is just my opinion. because if Vizuete decides to come out Blazing with Benitez, Caicedo, Palacios and Borja I'm fine with that too. lol

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

The only thing I didn't like about this game was once again the defense looks aweful, I think it's time to make changes in la zaga. Hurtados tenure is over I think he is too slow and gives too much space, of course I recognize he's a class act and a great captain but we should try a recambio in defense. It's a shame Reasco got injured such a shame I was so happy to see him back he is a huge loss as we don't have anyone who can replace him. I can't really say if we played good I think it's hard to say considering it was mostly 10 men Bolivia and we did what we were supposed to do and that is control the tempo and secure 3 points at home. This next game should be played at a much more frantic pace we all know how Uru play at home and we have to match that intensity simple as that play your ass off and play to win the game which means giving our forwards freedom in attack play to defend and wer're going to lose I hope Vizuete does not play for the draw.

22. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Very good observation:cool:

23. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Believe me he won't play for the draw unless it turns out to be another game like the one we had against Argentina. IMO, I see a 2-1 for us.

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

this game showed how our soccer really has changed from the pass pass we had with the colombians.. but there are to many players who are selfish.. guerron benitez to name a couple.. with the exception of mendez who put in some nice passes..

25. betto

betto New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Cary, NC

Mendez was playing some smart and efficient futbol! He was "el Eje" for our team in this game!
    So glad that he is gettin his game back!