Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Read a comment somewhere that said if Leverkusen win the next 3 games they will win Bundesliga automatically.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I believe the math shakes up favorably for that outcome...the point spread keeps widening- so much so that Tuchel basically conceded the title chase.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Am I crazy for thinking that our Serie A is more physical than EPL? I’m only thinking this because of refs not calling blatant fouls which allows teams to do whatever they want and get away with it. EPL is way more technical though.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don’t think it’s been discussed but Alonso has signed a new contract. Makes me wonder if Hincapié will play EPL football next year.

LDU4ever repped this.
  5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    As long as Alonso stays, Hincapie should also stay put.

Alonso is one of those "once in a generation" coaches similar to Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, etc.

There isn't much stability in EPL coaching at the moment (by tenure or team performance) and Leverkusen (regardless of the year's trophy haul) will be in the Champions League next year so highly competitive games are guaranteed.

The only way Hincapie benefits from a transfer is for financial windfall, but he likely won't get a quality coach again like Alonso, and the risk runs high that a switch doesn't necessarily convert to short-term improvement. Alonso has proven to be a great nurturer of talent and that will help a young Piero become a better professional.

If him/the spine of Leverkusen stays for another year, that tees up highly competitive football for another year, which is the perfect lead-in for the 2026 World Cup, where he can theoretically stand out well (if Ecuador qualifies) and can then move.

I hope Hincapie and Leverkusen/Alonso play it smart and stick around for another year. Title defenses and a CL make for a very challenging season which will be a great test of physical durability but also mental fitness to manage pressure.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it's just the permissiveness of certain types of fouls. Generally speaking, though, it seems like a league where the pace slows a bit, so defensive prowess is on display more and generally more revered vs. the PL where goals and attacking are in-demand. This might be a bit stereotypical, though, so perhaps I'm overly generalizing.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    cabezamagica repped this.
  8. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As a guy who's watched Serie A since I was 7 I can tell you Serie A has always been more physical but they don't foul as much. They will usually only foul if the player is about to run away from them and be left alone with the GK.

Serie A is the best league to nurture talent because it will teach you to defend as a defender but also how to attack when defenses sit deep.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ******** me

Barcelona is trash.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    You guys tied away no? Is that not a good outcome?

Liga winning in Peru at the moment. Var came in clutch.

so Zambrano is donezo? There’s no test result that can help him plead his case?

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What an epic collapse in Lima.

Horrendous second half.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It feels more like a loss to me. You can’t lose to a team who is last in Chile.

14. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I have no words for that

F%]# Chiled

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah, dropping points in stoppage hurts big time. But a point doesn't hurt the tally-especially away.

cabezamagica and Primitive Ways repped this.
  16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We definitely not 3rd in conmebol.

17. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
  18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    My money is on Universidad Catolica to be the team that gives us a good run in CL this year.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That would be interesting to see- stemming from the coach, there is certainly potential if they can line up well per match.

Regarding Liga's collapse last night- once again, it's so evident that the team is suffering in the away/international games...we get clocked by Fluminense, we lose to Universitario. Local league aside where nothing is inherently f***ed yet, the issue is the tournament play and how the team pivots from domestic league to travel games. This was a very winnable game, and even a semi-focused Liga would have gone in under Zubeldia...at 50% commitment. If we went in completely locked-in, that game was ours for the taking. EASILY.

I don't blame Alcacer for the departure of players, and this firmly remains an issue with the salty new administration who wants to try things "their way". I do have the feeling that he is in over his head- schedule juggling is what makes the head DT role so difficult.

Where Alcacer has a problem is in the prep work prior to kickoff. We can't sustain rhythm for 90 minutes and this is now the second time we've fielded a clearly injured player either as a starter or as a sub (Julio vs. Flu and Quintero vs. Univ). Compounding that with the loss of Zambrano who was already picking up experience and our holding mid anchor, and what seemed to be like a loss of attitude and focus from the guys, it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm holding less hope for what's to come because this doesn't bode well. We need a very radical change in mindset, tactics, and preparation to play the Libertadores, and at this moment, the club is in a quiet crisis. 5 games left, and we'll likely need 10 points to advance.

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I am at a complete lost for words after that loss. With so many issues it was expected that we are going to see many bad moments to come. We can only hope the next matches we do better and worse case scenario we come back in Copa Sudamericana and can still be contenders in the local league as well.

The last times UC played CL they played well but lost on small mistakes and bad luck overall. I think their luck can change this time around. TBH not even IDV inspires the amount of confidence UC is giving me right now but these are just my predictions and expectations. Lets see how these guys do tomorrow.

21. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m rooting for all our teams to have a good result tonight. It’s just been L after L for our clubs but I’m optimistic about today. Not a good look for Ligapro when LDU, BSC and possible IDV all fail to put away “winnable” games.

As for UC and Delfin I know a lot of people probably don’t expect much from them, but they have very manageable groups which they can make it out of. Imo both teams can actually advance to the next round.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like UC. Delfín idk. They can be inconsistent.

GPisco repped this.
  23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    United coming back from 2 down.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Caicedo is presently rated as the worst performing player on the pitch....not a good look.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nice assist though.