Ecuador NT (Post-World Cup)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by LDU4ever, Nov 29, 2022.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #126 The Machine, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    He won't get playing time. Not until Ortiz is no longer there.

They also signed Tommy Chamba. That's a good signing.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

This is a good move! If he starts then he can put himself in a position where he can get called up to the NT. With the uncertainty regarding Byron Castillo the NT is in need of depth at RB.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bone is on his way out and I think Ortiz will have at best 2 more years. I hope Nappa gets playing time as they rotate players cause they will have more tournaments that Orense.

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Castillo is injured and will need surgery so he will be out for some time. Another good news for today is Marco Zambrano going to Benfinca.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's already playing for US juveniles....Ecuador needs to really size up the opportunity and hopefully get him capped at the senior level quickly. This is assuming he wants to play for Ecuador. I wouldn't be surprised if he flips to the USMNT. We need more kids like this on the seleccion. They play with a different mindset and are less likely to be emotionally weak.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I have a friend that went to school with him. He spent quite a few years back in Ecuador so he has strong roots. FEF made this mistake at youth level in the past because FEF cheeped out on wanting to pay for their travel expenses. But at a senior level we have seen Alfaro call up Erick Ferigra, Diego Almeida, Jeremy Sarmiento prematurely to secure them in the future. I expect our future coaches to do the same.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Almedia still needs to get called up for an official match. Thus far, I believe he's only been fielded for friendlies and that might not be considered a tying cap. Sarmiento - yes. But he was also 19 at the time. Zambrano is still really young, but we need to act fast.

8. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's a Guayaco and apparently left to the US at like 14-15 so I'm sure he would accept the call to the Ecuador NT.

But he picked a good academy since Benfica produce some great attackers.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #134 javer, Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Thoughts on Omar Carabali? Man who openly stated he would like to represent Chile after Ecuador left him out of the U20 and got called up to their U23 squad and got the starting position. He been starting to get some playing time in his team recently. Man I would love to see IDV get him back now that Moises Ramirez is said to leave. He was originally came out of their youth divisions. I think he could preform in the 1st team of IDV or any Liga pro team. Im sure if he comes back and he gets linked to our national team he will take the opportunity.

I also found some other young players we should keep tabs on.
    Gianni-Alessandro Jacome-Fontana
    Aimar Govea (Jordi Govea Brother)
    Nicholas Rabiu
    Luis Fernández Salvador
    Nico Benalcázar
    Levit Béjar
    Iker Carew
    Jeremy Santos
    Roman Heini

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These are great finds. Admittedly, I don't know any of these players. Are these guys currently playing abroad?

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yes they are all aboard some have gotten media exposure already. Nico Benalcázar has been named the American Hincapie. Jeremy Santos is Half Ecuadorian Half Colombian and was born in England. Other have not gotten noticed yet. I randomly found Aimar Govea. He got called up to Spain U17 and is in Swansea City U18. Levit Béjar got called up to Chile U20 squad. Gianni-Alessandro Jacome-Fontana is 16 y/o playing in Germany U17 League. Might be interesting to look into him for the next U17.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Something I would like IDV to do is to pick up some of these players that started their youth careers aboard. Aucas is doing that with not much success but IDV could really excel at this strategy given the fact that they have an affiliate team. Their IDV Juniors team could be a full of former European youth products. I see so many players end up as free agents that where once very promising.

Josimar Quinteros is a free agent currently so is Alex Coello. Mike Cevallos fell really off the radar. Man was scoring back to back in some 5th division team in Spain and is in a 6th division team now. He never got to play the U20 with Ecuador he could of really developed and show cased him self there.

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam Edison Mendez was rumored to coach Macara and they just announced an Argentinean coach.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What possesses people to want to write their whole name?lol it’s such an inconvenience.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hopefully he changes his mind and plays for Ecuador. Good move though.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jeremy Santos was recently called up to the U20 training camp and played in a friendly or two.

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Peacock finally showing Brighton games.

Sarmiento coming in.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    European transfer window is open. Hoping to see something…

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is slightly off topic but I find it pretty cool that a Brazilian musician is wearing an ecua jersey.

/ There’s better teams out there

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Funny story, but I met Andreas Kisser at the airport in Dubai (May 2019) right before Ramadan kicked off. Sepultura was returning to Brazil after playing a show in Dubai and I was coming back from a long week of work. Sad thing is- they flew economy class and my client booked me on business. I thought that was pretty weird considering that Sepultura isn't some random/newbie band. Nice guy though, and he was nice enough to accept a selfie.

21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm surprised we haven't heard about more rumors. I'm wondering if Moises Caicedo gets transferred during this window.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I doubt it. Brighton has him on a long term contract, so there's no immediate incentive to dump arguably the best young talent on the roster when they're fighting for spots in Europe next season. Unless the right cash offer come in, I don't see him exiting until the summer transfer window.

If I had to bet, I'd put my $$$ on Chelsea signing him in July. Glad to be wrong though.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chelsea seems like a safe bet given the Potter connection.

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    And they have the money to take him out of Brighton. Teams like AC Milan as nice as it would have been to have him there, we all know they don't have the funds to bring him there. Same goes for Hincapie.

Chelsea and Liverpool are his main rumored options for now.

25. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It sucks not having Nilson, Ordóñez, Valencia, and Maiky but this team seems super solid.

I hear that Bautista is a VERY promising CB.

My only complaint is not calling up the Zambrano kid at Benfica.