Ecuador forum's World Cup Thread South Africa 2010 (R)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought they played good as hell they just didnt finish their million chances they had. That cat sanchez is a beast I like I like.

2. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile seems to be the real deal yet you have to wonder was it that they played a much weaker team in my opinion lets see if they play like that against Spain that's the true test. I see some SA teams in this world cup and can't help but say that Ecuador's national team is better the only 2 that have impressed is Argentina and Chile the rest I think Ecuador would have been better. It hurts to know our national team should be there.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I knew Chile was going to have a sick ass performance, it was the team i was desperate to see play.

Had Chupete Suazo been there, you already know that score board would have said 3-0 easily. Without Chupete, the opportunities they miss and finishing is almost identical to ours. Chile played without a hombre de area. That right there shows how important that one guy is.

not surprised (cuz i already knew they were gonna be sick), but remain impressive with their performance. I liked their team the best out of all the other south americans. I'm pretty positive Suazo is playing next game, so if he's healthy and doesn't get injured, expect a good tournament from Chile.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i think ecuador is the exact equal of the chile that played today. obviously weaker on the defense. but from midfield and up, we cause the same amount of danger/opportunities.

you add Chupete Suazo to Chile, and the tables turn. Only then is Chile > Ecuador.

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey Cris, let me preemptively congratulate you on winning the world cup. Every major contender for the cup has delivered a lackluster performance. Except Germany.

We were all waiting to see the mighty Spaniards strut their stuff, but now they're trailing Switzerland. Pathetic.

I've never rooted for Germany before, but I wouldn't mind seeing them come out as champions now. They're the only major contender that's actually playing with huevos.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lol...still a long way to go but the support is appreciated. As much as i enjoy seeing the Swiss with the lead, primarily because it was their manager, Ottmar Hitzfeld , that led BvB to the CL title against Juve in 1997 - but it is killing my fantasy team....

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Chile destroys Spain. :)

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can't wait!!! can't wait!!! that's going to be THE game.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Me too.

Chi Chi Chi, Le Le Le.... :D

Historically, none of the WC winner have lost their opening match. :eek:

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    España is still going to win the whole thing.

12. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    this is usual spain, lots of pre world cup buzz, and then fall flat on their asses during the WC.

13. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Spain can be left out...if everyone in the group ties the rest of the way...

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those girls were there as a marketing hijack by Bavaria NV, a Dutch beer manufacturer. They did the same in 2006. The person that gave them the tickets got fired as an announcer for ITV in England.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Uruguay is officially now the world's most hated team.

16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Damn that sucks and Iwanted the Urugays and French to be eliminated I guess thats not happening now. ******** so i guess South Africa is pretty much eliminated now right? That sucks so much for home support that stuff's a bunch of bull it all depends on your playing style and South Africa attacks were pretty weak from what i saw,. Hopefully a miracle happens and mexico and France tie, and then lose to SOuth Africa I despise the damn French.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i totally agree and it's annoying how they're getting through. south africa, you upset me

18. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why? They were better than South Africa.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because of the way they qualified...

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, but everybody sympathizes with South Africa because they are an underdog and the host nation, and their difficult history. Then Uruguay comes, with their famous "garra", win-at-all-costs mentality and wins in a typical fashion - with a lot of diving, acting, and screaming at the ref. The penalty call was a dive, because Suarez had a bad first touch and went flying. Then when they celebrated the third goal, the guy did a silly dance...not the most sportsmanlike thing to do given the situation - playing against the host team and winning 3-0 - personally I would have celebrated but been more respectful.

21. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Here's hoping Mexico takes out Uruguay. South Africa played a less inspired game than their opener against Mexico, and was not the same team today. The first goal Uruguay scored deflected off a player, but should have been stopped by the keeper, and although there was contact it might have been too much to charge a penalty for the second goal. Against Ecuador, they clearly dived to score the winning goal, which Forlan scored. Go Mexico!

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    man screw it, go MEXICO! Go France!

i can't stand diego forlan

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah..go France! I can't really compromise my stance on disliking Mexico. I'd rather see France and SA than Mexico and Uruguay. I'll take Uruguay over Mexico, though.

24. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Why can't you support Mexico?

25. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    its hard to pick in that team because uruguay and france had to cheat to get to the world cup. and mexico... idk i just hate them and their world cup commercials. SA is out so hopefully these teams get raped in the next round :cool:.