Ecuador forum's World Cup Thread South Africa 2010 (R)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: World Cup Thread S Africa 2010 (R)

facepalming.... :D

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

im just waiting to see the rest of the south american teams play (the last 3) aka. the ones whole REALLY deserved to go to the WC. Can't wait to see Marcelo Bielsa's team....sick nasty.

3. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

It's amazing how its day 3 of the world cup and still no ones besides Korea South has scored more than one goal! I hope this World Cup isn't going to be pure ties and thin scoreline wins!

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Don't worry, Germany is up next!!! :D

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

golll Germany!

6. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I was kind of confident that Australia was going to be a big threat when the game began and they nearly scored at 21 seconds. But, Germany has cleraly been superior up till now.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

This is the 2nd youngest team in the tourney vs the oldest...Some German players only have 2 caps!!! :eek:

Mueller, Oezil, Khedira were all from the U21 team last summer. Badstuber was too young to even play and now he is starting LB for Germany. Kroos and Marin (on the bench) are only 21 years old...

8. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

in a way thank God we didn't qualify to this WOrld Cup! If Australia is getting smashed and they have a pretty old squad could you imagine us at the World Cup with Jose Cevallos, Ivan Hurtado, Giovanny Espinoza,Neicer Reasco, and Marcelo Felitas!

Wow we would have been put to shame worse than when Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0 in the 2002 World Cup.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

if we would have qualified in Uruguay's place, then we'd be in group A. I don't see any threat in that group, and we would have been one less threat. But even though that is the case, I still don't think it we would have done bad in the World Cup now that I'm watching it.

Thank you Germany for allowing my eyes to finally see some good futbol. Finally some damn striker presence is felt. It was starting to annoy me.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Valencia raped Badstuber in the CL. Remember?

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Ecuador > Australia

Didn't they switch confederations? that tells you a lot, shit competition is not going to make you better.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

more like Ecuador > most teams that have played so far...

13. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

LMFAOO I'd say Ecuador is better than Slovenia, Algeria, definately France, and Nigeria and maybe Ghana, I swear alot of these teams forwards made el Mamon Benitez look like Adriano unfront of net !
    Thses teams defended way too much or missed way too many easy oppurtunities to score. FYI I think Serbia deserved to beat Ghana yesterday, Serbia looked much stronger and I hope Australia gets back up they arent a bad team!

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It's just one game...let's talk after the group stages are over...you might want to reconsider then.

15. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Maybe but we can agree that Ecuador could play better than Algeria and SLovenia, and lets be honest France isn't very impressive this world Cup, they were barely a threat except for Ribery.But, I gotta say I'm rooting for Serbia and Australia I hope they pass the group stages. Australia wasn't too bad except for some defensive errors and Serbia was good the whole match.

Mexico looks weaker than last World CUp and even last Copa America 2007, that goalkeeper OScar Perez is a ticking time bomb he looks like he'll make a stupid blunder any second. Uruguay looked a bit weak as well, France was mild too, South Africa was great IMO. Nigeria was fast and defended well but too many missed unaccurate crosses and passes.

Argentina played well collectively but have to tweak some of their offensive errors because too many missed goal opputrunties on Saturday. GHana good as well, but too many missed shots. Germany was fantastic and they are the only ones who have convinced mme thus far. Greece was weak as hell and didn't do anything I see them leaving the group stages in last place with at least one point. I think Ecuador would have played better than them. South Korea was great too, not much too complain about.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Slovenia, I am not so sure...they would be an enigma to Ecuador, like Poland - we win, they win, we win, they win....very hard to predict. I really like their line-up, they have simply not been able to fully gel as a unit yet, but when they do....look out.

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

you have a point, i didnt really watch that game it was too thrilling. But SLovenia is probably one of those second tier teams that can cause problems even for the big teams. They do have some big names as well on their team.

18. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I enjoyed the game of USA vs England. I really thought had a chance vs England. With a little more of luck USA could have had the victory. What a game by Howard? If USA makes to the next round it will be partly because of Howard. Good game by Finley, Altidore and Donovan. As for England, I really did not see them as a threat.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I forgot to mention, Dempsey. He hustled throughout the whole game.

20. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I agree, Howard was really a difference in the match against England. England had their chances and had a lot of time with the ball, but simply couldn't put it in the back of the net.

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

is it just me or does Argaytina look like a bunch of dwarf in attack hahaha im sorry but the agays get on my nerves some times just try watching Fox Sports and the nonsense they dribble from the mouths hahaha funny stuff funny stuff....

22. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Howard was MOTM and Dempsey is underrated, I don't understand why doesn't start all games for Fullham I remember when they benched him for the Europa Cup final and I could not believe it. I can see USA making out the group as possibly Toppers that way thye can avoid Argentina and Germany :/:eek:

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

The only thing about England is that they weren't at even 50 percent of their true potential...if they actually did play at their highest level, the United States didn't stand a chance. Sadly, I think Capello made some mistakes in the lineup...Joe Cole should start, as should Shawn Wright Phillips. I don't think the US can play much better than what we saw on Saturday...they were playing their asses off. Howard is a great GK, but for how long can you rely on a GK to save you in matches...especially now that he has bruised (maybe broken) ribs.

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think England did play to their potential.
    They were simply lost tactically, for most of the match. Milner was a farce (reports that he was still recovering from illness) and Green made a sloppy mistake but Capello was tactically beaten by Bradley. now I am not sure Bradley knew he was getting it right or if the pieces just fell into place.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Cameroon are terrible, too many long balls. Hoping Italy - Paraguay is the game of the day.