Ecuador en Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't get you question. Erazo isn't playing well but he is the best defender we have. Better than Guagua. Guaguas fault for the second goal after he got faked as if he wasn't even there.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You said the defense was bad and since Erazo is part of the defense, I wanted to know how he has done individually.

Nice goal to tie.

3. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    smh Enner needs ot make those sitters

he can't be ********ing up like that in a few weeks, because i have no confidence in Felipe staying healthy at all

smh dumb reaction by Antonio also, does that red transfer over to the world cup ?

and great shot by Michael Arroyo

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jesus that goal by Arroyo. Insane. We needed that so badly. He should be a starter. Come in and does better than Montero.

5. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I have to agree, as much as i like Montero he hasn't done anything in the pass 3 games, Arroyo comes in an score a great goal, plus he adds a different dynamic to our game, at this point Arroyo should be a starter.

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Golazo!! I flew off my chair when Arroyo scored.

Enner and Arroyo should start as forwards. Ibarra and Valencia at the wings.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Stupid reaction by Valencia but he was about to get hurt by that dude. I'd be hella mad too if they did it to me.

8. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I have to give it to Gruezo, he also did a great job taking over Castillos position, if he keeps on going this way he is going to help us a lot in the WC.

9. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does anyone know if Valencias red card will keep him out of the WC opener?

10. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah he did. Made a few rookie mistakes here and there but overall he had a good game.

12. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't watch the game cuz had to take my son to the airport but I'm downloading now to give my analisis... One thing you must understand there's a difference in playing a friendly and playing a WC match. Gruezo is a good player but we will see how he reacts handling the pressure in a WC in an unfamiliar team with limited experience.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What did I say? Who is more effective? Did I not say a little while back that arroyo is more effective?

God knows how deep in the hell hole Ecuador would have been if Reinaldo had not called up Arroyo to the final list.

Also, I always said Arroyo should play as a striker behind the #9. Finally, Rueda used his brain and did it and bam the goal came in. For those who didn't notice, when Joao came in he played as a winger and Montero moved up to play up front with Enner. Montero came out and guess who replaced him? Arroyo. Playing right behind Enner. This is what we've been talking about for a whiiiiiile ever since Benitez passed. And what was even better is that Los dos jugadores genios y distintos estaban jugando de cerca y conectandose- Im talking about Edison and Arroyo. They were playing al toque, opening spaces, and bringing in something completely new to the center of the pitch where we have lacked creativity. God knows what a Miller Bolanos or a Cazares could do next Qualifier. Michael arroyo started as winger, and ended up learning how to play as a mediapunta and a #10. This is where Reinaldo failed to ever look for players. The center of the field.

Anyways, Guagua- horrible game. Erazo did bad but Guagua did worse. Guagua was at fault at both goals if I'm not mistaken because he missed the header on the first one although it shouldn't have counted because there was a hand in the box and an offsides. Great refs lol I can only imagine what happens if we get one like this for the World Cup. And then that gol anulado that Fidel scored vs Mexico too.

Gruezo: at the beginning he looked a bit nervous but he assumed his role well. I think he played better with Mendez than with Noboa. He got bodied twice when trying to recover the ball so not too bad. A few mistakes here and there but not more than 1 or two which had me considerably nervous, but it's normal. He's 5'7 and 19 yrs old so hopefully he gets his weight up by 3-5 pounds of muscle and he will be beast. But his aggressiveness and speed is on point. I think we can trust him although it's still early to judge because this is barely his first game as a starter. 7.5/10 for him in my judgment. One of the more consistent players throughout the game.

Paredes had a bad first half and a few errors in the second half. He was one of our weaknesses today IMO. Felipe didn't contribute much but he did an acceptable job.

What I do notice still is that when we go up on the attack and lose possession, we get countered in a way that seems out our control. Antonio and Paredes need to cover each other and whoever the defensive mid is needs to be on alert to cover whatever open spaces are left around them. Same with Montero and Walter I find the same issue. There has to be a triangular connection with them and the center mids when both attacking and defending. That's why Guagua or Erazo get exposed badly. Noboa-Antonio-Paredes need to communicate when defending and ALL defend, pressure and mark when we don't have possession. Same with Walter-Montero-Gruezo. There shouldn't be any player just hanging out up front waiting to break away with the ball. That's why we get raped in defense.

My starting line up for the cup considering everyone is healthy would be one of these three:

Domingue; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Montero; Mendez; Ener
    -why just Enner? Because he plays well alone up front especially when there's a creative behind him who helps us keep possession and Mendez can either hit a long shot on target or make a nice pass to him. Valencia and Montero can win the wings with speed and Enner is fast as well and knows how to connect with a cross (unlike Felipe that plays at slower speeds) whether it's aerial or on the ground or beating a defenders back.

Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Montero (Arroyo); Felipe, Enner
    -Arroyo and Valencia playing more freely not stuck on the wings.

Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Montero; Arroyo, Enner
    -Arroyo playing freely behind Enner with lots of space to roam the center

I personally feel like Felipe would play better when Mendez, Arroyo, and Fidel are on the field or at least two of these three players because they can play at a slower rate which is more of Felipe's comfort zone.

Luigi408 repped this.
  14. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok 1st half we looked nervous... COMON... why are they nervous at this stage in the game? Thats gonna cost us when playing Switzerland can't start nervous... Sometimes I feel a psycologist is needed for the players because this happens ALL THE TIME... My Dad once told me "There are bigger things in life then to be nervous" There's a whole big world out there so much to achieve and you're nervous? forget that mess about nerves man. It's just a game do your best and that's that you're there to do your best and try to win the game if it happens good if not oh well move on to the next challenge.

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. Naboa might be hurt. Who could replace him? This would be a big loss.

16. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn Arroyo came right in and shows how it's done... We need the rest of the guys to have that attitude.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i kinda didnt want him to play this game i had a felling he might get hurt and if he is out we could try a number of combinations but in my head the best ones would be gruezo with valencia, walter, or mendez i just really hope Valencias red card doesn't stop him from starting the world cup
    line ups for switzerland could be
    Domingue; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Ibarra,Valencia, Gruezo, Arroyo; Mendez; Ener
    Domingue; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Ibarra, Gruezo, Walter, Arroyo; Mendez; Ener
    Domingue; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Valencia, Gruezo, Walter, Arroyo; Mendez; Ener

Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Valencia, Gruezo, Mendez, Arroyo; Enner, Felipe
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Valencia, Gruezo, Walter, Arroyo; Enner, Felipe
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Ibarra, Gruezo, Mendez, Arroyo; Enner, Felipe
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Ibarra, Gruezo, Walter, Arroyo; Enner, Felipe

Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Valencia, Gruezo, Walter, Montero; Arroyo, Enner
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Valencia, Gruezo, Mendez, Montero; Arroyo, Enner
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Bagui; Ibarra, Gruezo, Walter, Montero; Arroyo, Enner
    Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Walter; Ibarra, Gruezo, Mendez, Montero; Arroyo, Enner

Mid field should not be to big a problem although it might be difficult for rueda to pick in so little time

18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hehe what a golazo by Arroyo,just like I knew he would,what better statement than a golazo to thumb his nose at Rueda.Gruezo did his thing,este man no se achica,unlike paredes ,today he got beat all day. nt stills need a little tweaking mainly in pressuring more and not let the opposition play their game. Guagua and Banguera should go on juice diets to bring down the guatas ,that first goal shouldnt have happened.

19. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I didn't see the game but I'm hearing some good things and some things to worry about. Biggest worry for me is Montero's form. However, Montero to me has always been the type of guy to lift his game in big moments, which is why he was so important for us in the last matches during qualifying. I'm hoping that the WC is the motivation he needs to show the world those magical skills and speed.

So glad also about Arroyo. All he needed was a few minutes to prove everybody was right and Rueda was wrong. Remember the comment about how "1 or 2 good games" doesn't mean he deserves a call-up. Ridiculous. Well now Arroyo has made it very difficult for Rueda to ignore him, scoring an amazing goal against none other than England.

Also I'm thrilled about Enner, or as I call him, the "ghost of Chucho". What a fantastic header, the guy is one hell of an athlete to jump like that, and we should take advantage of that by putting good crosses in the box.

Worried also about Caicedo, hoping he still has goals in him. Also worried about Noboa and his fitness, hopefully he can rest a few days now. Of course I'm worried about the defense, hoping Dominguez can get back, clearly Banguera has been making too many mistakes, he's had his chance and has not taken it. I feel better with Dida right now. Guagua is the other big liability, not sure what to do at this point other than say our prayers and hope for no major mistakes. It's just a shame and very demoralizing when the team is playing well, only for a bad mistake by the defense to undo all the good work.

Anyways I hear it was a good game and I like the result. I rather not lose because it messes up our confidence, but sometimes a win puts pressure, and frankly I think it's better for us to be underdogs, especially against Switzerland, I would much rather give them the pressure of being considered the favorites.

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I went to Sun Life today, It was a nice time, being there sometimes gives you a better look at things, the camera follows the ball but when you are there you see the entire team, I for one gather more positives than negatives, the way I saw things...
    Banguera: The same as usual, great saves from long shots, (he had an amazing one) buenos saques, his goal kicks usually land on or near one of us. then again, low kicks y sus salidas always below average. He's been on my team for over 6 years now so I know his style and have come to know what to expect. I swear I rather him face a one on one than a corner kick sometimes. He could have done more in both goals. 6/10
    Paredez: I am so shocked to see you guys bashing him, I thought he performed extremely well, Rooney tried to enter through his side and he kept him out quite well, lost a few balls true but he was quick to recover and I think he complimented Valencia really good. his ovation was almost as good as Valencias' when he got red carded. 8/10
    Guagua: Oh boy, where to begin, I'll start with the positives, his heading game still as good as any ecuadorian defender, corner kicks didnt present a problem today (not that they were many) now the bad? I think Guagua needs to take a pregnancy test immediately with the raping Chamberlain did on him, beat him EVERYTIME, second goal? through the legs?? Really? slow to turn around was caught out of position a few times. First goal? Guagua was in the area and last thing on his mind was the ball. 3/10
    Erazo: I cant complain much about him, he seemed pretty solid. bailed Ayovi out A LOT. 7/10
    Walter: Man, he's been my favorite

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the inclusion of Mendez and Arroyo was the most positive point in this game. When you have two smart players with their vision and ball control and who are possession oriented, you win a lot. Mendez has always been that guy and it's clear that Michael offers the same thing. Montero can bust his ass on a run and leave several defenders behind but what does he accomplish in the end? A great majority of the time nothing. A failed center or ineffective/uncomfortable center, loses the ball, shoots completely off, or makes some other bad decision. Not to bash Montero but Arroyo isn't as fast and devastating on the one on one's yet he the still manages to be more effective whether it's passing or shooting in that decisive moment when the opportunity to score presents itself. I want Montero to start but honestly even Rojas had a few better runs than Jeff did in this game. Ibarra could also be an option over Jeff. We need to go with whoever is ready to spaz out on the attack and Montero seem like he's not on whatever crack he usually is on lol.

23. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm in the west coast and couldn't catch the game cuz of work. Where can I download the game?

24. phillyfanslc

phillyfanslc Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Was at sun life today. Never seen so many Ecuadorians in one place in the States. Thought Noboa played really well. Thought Gruezo was nervous at first and gave away a few balls and had some bad passes. Both goals were cool especially Arroyo's.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    was there myself, it was a good time, Agreed about Noboa, owned that midfield, I felt the substitutions were good, Antonio Valencia again was amazing, and I'm one of the few that appreciate the tough task of Caicedo playing with his back against the goal, hes our anchor in offense, gives us time to set up an attack and he drags the defense towards him opens up the way for our fast players, Enner/Montero