Ecuador - Brasil 3/29/09 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Quilotoa, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benitez awful?? What are you Smoking??? What ever you are doing please stop..

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He wasted gifted chances, including near the end one where the ball went all the way through the box to him and he mishit it, allowing JC to get to it comfortably.

If his job is to score goals, then it doesn't matter to me how well he played the rest of the game, however if I am confusig him with something else or missed a key play (did he create the goal) that's understandable since I focus much more on my team.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile doesn't have to get away with a win.

4. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

I agree and dont bother replying insults to Argentine... nobody cares about him anyways:D

5. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't know how to explain that game. Ecuador had a win. Even with 2 deadweights it should have been over with. I think Cevallos had a good game and looking forward I have no fears facing Paraguay. I could be wrong but if they play like that again Paraguay will be drowned.

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    don't get mad because I said Ningungol rodallega was going to fail in the EPL and he's no christian benitez.. Has anyone seen brasil get completely dominated like that before?

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez is...as my dad says "UN MAMA GOLES"...he did play hard, i'll give him that. He dribbled through everything possible that got in his way...BUT ALL those DAMN missed shots he had were "GOLES CANTADOS"!!! come on...some people here maybe be happy he played a good game but im in disappointment. total disappointment. I'm not saying Benitez is a bad player, he just needs to learn how to MAKE GOLES (WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME). Benitez needs to know how FINISH his plays not just create them a million and not score.

Caicedo...good first half, but TOTALLY disappeared in the 2nd half after the 50-55th minute. I'm not too sure who should play up front next game b/c Benitez brings a million doubts and "ALMOST GOALS" to my eyes but doesn't ********ing score. Caicedo looks like hes ready for only one half b/c he went ghost on for almost the whole 2nd half.

Cevallos had a good game, did what he had to do, I do not blame the goal on him what so ever. It wasn't his fault.

Guerron...oohh Guerron....this man had 2-3 100% CLEAR OPPORTUNITIES and he threw them away like if they were garbage. Between him and Benitez they should be named "CASI-GOL". Sure they have great talent, but its put to waste b/c of lack of inteligence on WHERE TO SEND THE DAMN BALL. Could have scored....but futbol isn't based on "casi" or "how good you played"...THE GOALS count.

VALENCIA...Awesome game, put more than talent in this game. HE PUT HIS HEART IN IT!! Although he did seem to get tired in the 2nd half he still did what he had to do and even more. Valencia is a star. Theres nothing else to say. If he didn't play...ooohh god we would have been doomed.

Mendez...he did play a great game. But he needed to be more decisive on his shots instead of passing too much in the box. He had an assitance which atleast helped us get a tie.

Ayovi...also did a good job on the left side. Great passes, contributed in a many ways to get the plays running on our left side.

Reasco....that man put his balls in the game...he wasn't no player of the match but he sure did help lots of the midfield, especially Guerron, create lots of danger on our right lane. If I remember correctly Reasco side wasn't attacked badly as much as Ayovi and Espinoza side...it's obvious Ayovi should not play as a left back...he's not playing against Paraguay anyway...

Noboa....this IS THE MAN!! He proved it in the friendly against England...and HEY what do you know? he proved it F*CKING AGAIN! this time with a goal that saved our asses from loosing...even though tieing is already horrible. He's not a player like Guerron and Benitez who bust their asses braking other players ankles, this player is INTELLIGENT. Doesn't need to kill his lungs out on the field...just does what he has to do precise assitances(against England) and the goal (against Brazil).

Vizuete in my opinion is horrible when it comes to timing. Guerron missed a million shots that could have been goals since the first 15-20 minutes of the second half and VIZUETE INSISTED on having that man in the match....my question is, when you have seen 55-60 minutes of Ecuador owning Brazil in a match, with Guerron creating danger (that he did do) but FAILING to score once out of the infinite opportunities he had...what makes Vizuete think that he'll score anytime later...we've seen this from Guerron before so many times in other games, what would made this game any different?

If Noboa had come in when he was supposed to (55-60th min) then MAYBE our goal could have come earlier and MAYBE Vizuete would have had time to make another decision as far as subs....probably PUT IN PALACIOS about 20 minutes earlier than the time he actually came in.

Damn...look at Brazil, didn't have 1/10 of our opportunities but yet managed to score. That's b/c of their players excellent ability to finish and their inteligence on where to place the ball. Something we don't have...a finisher

IF we loose or even tie against Paraguay, I think thats it for us. It will just kill the motivation inside of all our players completely. The next game is vital...b/c we can still go to Peru and defeat Peru...which is probably the ONLY away game we will probably be able to win besides Bolivia. Going against Colombia we almost never do good and Chile is NOT going to let us tie there whatsoever...Ecuador really f*cked up today..hopefully we lift ourselves up and fight and SCORE! Keyword...SCORE!!

My line up for next game...
    Cevallos; Reasco, Hurtado, Espinoza, Ambrossi; Mendez, Valencia, Castillo, Noboa; Palacios, ????(you fill in the blank)

8. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First of all, I have not seen any Forward in the world, Not on argentina, brasil, paraguay, England, Italy or Germany did what benitez did today against brasil.. A forward should not have to do all that but concentrate on scoring. Felipe did absolutely nothing to create except his patented stupid back heel crap. Benitez scores tons of goal in mexico. why? because he has another forward like Vuoso who knows how to play.. So don't blame benitez...

I said it last week, right here on this board.. Felipe is only good for 30 minutes in Quito..

Everyone here Knows how I feel About Guerron..He who laughs last..Laughs the best..

You are a Palacios fan all of a sudden? Didn't you tell me to get off His nuts? i have to look for that nugget of a post..

9. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea, also we gotta give them credit for not getting more yellows and missing the next game! Guerron is done as far as I'm concerned but luckily there is still depth for Paraguay. Now let's watch those Colombobos fail in Venezuela!!

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not a Palacios fan but obviously if the formula of Benitez and Caicedo is not working you have to go to the next two options and OBVIOUSLY...Calderon would not be my first although I am a Liguista, hes had oportunities con la tri and has never impressed. So my only option is Palacios since we have nothing else. As far as the other forward who can accompany him I'd really just flip a coin at this point.

As far as Benitez....yes Benitez does score lots of goals in mexico...but if your really paying attention to the game go ahead and count how many goals he COULD HAVE MADE. Just take a look and see child...Benitez can have about 10 clear and i mean CLEAR opportunities to score and will bearly score 1.

Yes Benitez did dance all over Brazil defense...but you don't win games with dribbles and creating danger. You win them with goals. You can create 10000000000 opportunities in a game, but if you don't score in any of them it was all a WASTE of time.

Caicedo disappeared in the whole second half but as far as his first half he did not disappoint me.

Ecuador promised A LOT for the second half with that amazing first half they had but their 2nd half was almost a repeat of the first. Noboa saved our asses. And Vizuete is an ignorant peice of sh*t for not taking out Guerron 15 minutes earlier than what he actually did.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm disappointed....

Our team needs a Tevez.......

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Child? once benitez got hurt last year. Santos laguna DID NOT WIN another GAME FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON..

What??? I'm not even going to answer, yet again ANOTHER NUGGET BY YOU..

Agreed, But Ecuador played with TWO forwards today..And everyone saw just one.

And you are surprised??? I called that shit weeks ago..

Personally, I would have never started guerron. He's a hack and i called it.. Why are you not defending Guerron and Caicedo? hhmmmmm..

13. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we are not thinking straight.....I'm pissed too, just came back from the stadium....I think we played very well, one of our best games in the eliminatorias. I see a bright future, lets relax and see what happens next, arriba Ecuador!

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    respeta primero y depronto tenes suerte la proxima!

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron and Caicedo are overall good players. The fact that Caicedo had a bad second half where he disappeared and a Guerron, who just like Benitez, did not finish the damn millions of plays that should have been goals doesn't make them the worst players in the world. It makes me disappointed in them b/c they are extremely talented but f*ck up when given the opportunities to give us a WIN!!

I don't defend players when they have not completed their missions and assignments. Caicedo did not complete his (due to lack of fitness and not b/c he failed to finish "almost-made" goals), Benitez did not complete his (b/c of failing to score out of the many many many many 15000% opportunities he had which he ALSO did against Chile, Venezuela at home, and even some chances he had against Bolivia), and Guerron did not complete his (for the same reasons as Benitez).

Is Guerron a player that created a ton of danger in Brazil's side of the field??...probably one of the most dangerous....BUT did he take advantage of the given/handed goals that other players/or himself set up...NOPE!!! And that's the reason I don't defend Guerron today b/c it cost us 2 points that are soooo damn hard to get back. Both Benitez and Guerron either hog the ball wayyyy too much, send the ball flying up to the middle of nowhere after doing amazing plays, or just don't make the right decision in the rivals box. That's been hurting us this whole Qualifiers. B/c we don't have a forward with balls that says F*CK IT im sending that ball in the net (where its supposed to be) whenever it touches my foot.

Now if we would still have a young Agustin Delgado and Ivan Kaviedes up front instead of Benitez and Caicedo you would totally see the difference b/c they're those type of forwards who make those quick and intelligent decisions and have made those opportunities that you see Benitez fail about 98% of the time into GOALS. As long as we continue to have BENITEZ up front its going to be the same story. And for the next game against Paraguay Caicedo shouldn't start for obvious reasons...he's not in shape. Until Felipe gets 100% in shape he should not start on the national team...

A new formula must be tried now...Either Palacios-Rojas....Palacios-Benitez....or Palacios-Caicedo(least likely to work).

Do you actually think Palacios-Benitez would work out?? What's your starting 11 for the next game?? I'm in doubt, but do hope that something gets fixed up front. It's disappointing to see such great talent on the field DOMINATING NONE OTHER THAN BRAZIL and for us to just tie....come on the first half was 70% ball possesion for us and NO GOAL?? thats just sorry.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I now believe in luck. This game was all about luck. Ecuador did not have luck, and Brazil did. I can't believe how their goal hit off the post and hit Cevallos in the back and went in. Absolutely insane.

Anybody in the world who saw that game must not understand how Ecuador is not in the top 5 in South America. We absolutely dominated Brazil, the same team that beat Italy at home 2-0.

Honestly, there's nothing else we can do except continue to play like that and you have to imagine that few teams can hold up that kind of pressure for 90 minutes.

The only critique I have is that Vizuete should have made the changes earlier. Palacios should have replaced Caicedo with 20 minutes left. And Noboa should have replaced Guerron a few minutes earlier.

Remember the last 2 times we beat Brazil in Quito, in 2001 Kaviedes had a moment of inspiration and in 2005 Mendez had a great strike. We didn't really play any better or any worse, today we just didn't have any luck.

Final analysis - the point was VITAL. Not only because it's a point for us, but also because we took 2 points away from Brazil. This means Brazil needs to keep fighting and getting results, which hopefully means they defeat our main competitors, Chile, Uruguay, and Colombia. Now if we can beat Paraguay on Wednesday, the whole thing is blown wide open and there will be 8 teams with legit chances of qualifying.

17. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why couldn't Guerron just pass the ball??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw6Dc1OcSnA"]YouTube - guerron[/ame]

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Honestly, what do you do with Guerron? I don't know. I really don't. He was the most dangerous player for us in the first half. But his decision-making is terrible. So if we replace him, where are we going to get a guy that creates so much danger on the right?

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one ever said they were the worst players in the world. Just because i said Caicedo is slow and probably will not make it in the EPL does not make them bad players. Segundo Castillo had a fantastic game but again, he probably will not make it in the EPL..It makes you wonder why is the hell is castillo sitting bench..

You need a forward Like benitez to break down defenses and confuse them. The trick is to have another forward that's a poacher and caicedo is not a poacher. As we have seen him in the EPL, he's never at the right place at the right time.

That would be nice but if you remember, Kaviedes was a tremendous ball hog and Delgado was the poacher.. I don't think I ever remember Delgado taking on defenders. Remember that goal that delgado scored aginst brasil in Quito? Kaviedes broke thru 3 defender but in no way, shape or form was that a pass from kaviedes. Delgado was at the right place at the right time..

The sad thing is, that this was probably one of the best performances Ecuador has shown.. My god, to completely dominant brasil like that is ridiculous. if only they can play like that everytime.. I don't really fancy palacios but he's the best striker in Ecuador and he's a poacher. Vizuete is going to start the same people. I think Felipe can probably out muscle the central defenders of Paraguay. I would start Noboa and bring in Guerron in the second half.

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've been saying this about guerron forever. Some poster wanted to burn me at the stake..LOL.. What a fantastic footballers he can be if he just pass the ball.. That's all everyone wants.. Just bring your head up and pass... its that simple.. pass the ball...

21. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guys I think you are overreacting.....We played awesome today, but like manolo said.....we just didn't have any luck today which is a part of football.....nothing more to say, that's pretty much what happened today

22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    His teammates need to take matters into their own hands -- just like in Full Metal Jacket. Late at night they all sneak into his room, they tie him down, and everyone proceeds to beat the living sh!t outta him.

He's an excellent player. He just needs to be less of a cocky sonofabitch.

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    This is the best post you've ever written. Have you been drinking?

Seriously though, the poaching thing is 100% right. That's why I wanted Palacios to come in sooner. If we do not qualify this time around, it will be because we have not developed a poacher to follow El Tin's footsteps. Of all of Ecuador's goals in the qualifiers, Mendez has 3, and a couple others have 2. Kaviedes is still one of our top scorers for God's sake! He hasn't played in over a year!

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    exactly...Guerron had one of the worst decision making skills put to use this game whenever he CREATED A LARGE AMOUNT OF DANGER. IF he had passed the ball and IF we would have a forward with some excellent finishing skills i think this WHOLE DAMN GAME would have been a whole other story. I can put my balls on the line and say if we had that damn type of finisher that I speak of we wouldn't be sweating our balls off every game. We'd easily win by a large margin EVERY GAME in Quito and maybe even away if we had that damn finisher. Some people swear it's Palacios and even though im not a fan of him I'm really hoping he is that man now b/c if we do not find that man by wednesday and put him up front we're done.

And if we would replace Guerron with anyone the midfield should be (Mendez, Valencia, Castillo, Noboa) and unfortunately Luis Bolanos isn't in shape or else hands DOWN i'd pick Bolanos. I've always thought Bolanos is better than Guerron.

What's everyones opinion here on who should be our two starting forwards against Paraguay or your line up for that matter??

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah it was bad luck...but it can't be yet another coincidence of bad luck for yet another game in quito. We've not just had bad luck against Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and I'll even say Chile(b/c we didn't score the 5000 goals that we could have)....We're not taking complete advantage of the goal opportunities we have up front. I mean we do have some if not most of the same starters that took us to 2 world cups or played in atleast one of them: Cevallos, Hurtado, Reasco, Espinoza, Ambrossi, Castillo, Valencia, Mendez...and shoot you can even count Ayovi if you want and exclude Ambrossi from being a starter)...thats 8 players who always do their job and play their roles correctly in these games. All these players did not have a bad game against Brazil.....But now take a look at the new guys: Guerron, Benitez, and Caicedo (2 forwards and a right wing)= our problem.

Those 3 players are the reason of our goal deficit up front....they just don't go together. They're 3 great individual players, but when put together the goals just seem to not come.

I'm hoping Vizuete finally realizes this and doesn't let it continue...