Ecuador - Brasil 3/29/09 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Quilotoa, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Time for its own thread. Any predictions? I'm going with a 3-2 Ecuador victory first goal from Benitez. I guess I'm an optimist. Also any possible lineups yet from Brasil?

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

We REALLY need to win the next 2 games.

1 - 0, In favor of us.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador 2-0 Brazil

4. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2-1 ECUADORRRRRRRRRRR !!, mendez and benitez scoring . hopefully mendez plays but they say its almost for sure thing , and valencia better play to!. Even though Kaka is one of my favorite players i hope dosent plaay againts us!

5. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Brazil’s squad in full:
    Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (Roma)

Wing backs: Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Kleber (Internacional)

Centrebacks: Lúcio (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Miranda (São Paulo), Luisão (Benfica)

Midfielders: Elano (Manchester City), Julio Baptista (Roma), Kaka (AC Milan), Ronaldinho (AC Milan), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josué (Wolfsburg), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Anderson (Manchester United)

Forwards: Luís Fabiano (Seville), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Robinho (Manchester City), Adriano (Inter Milan)

Same squad as the friendly against Italy in Wembley...hijue ****. I hope that altitude does something. Also Ecuador needs to have real defence. If they play like they did against Venezuela for a minute Brasil will score. This game is huge and against a top squad with serious depth. However, I still think Ecuador can play with heart and take it to them. Guerron needs to pass if he is playing for Valencia otherwise Marcelo or Kleber is going to work him.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, If Guerron does replace Valencia he better play the role Valencia does in our national team which means TEAM WORK. Guerron is a beast he just needs to get his head straight and understand the seriousness of this game. If Guerron can play as a team this Sunday, I know he'll cause Brazil a huge headache.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    pura dinamita lo que tiene guerron.....

lets hope the fuse is lit, if not we're toast

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    1-0.

This will not be an open game, unless Brazil scores first, which I doubt because they always play conservatively in Quito.

10. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As can be seen from the match betting post that I provided in the 'Official 2009 Seleccion Ecuadoriana Thread', bookies are confident of a Brazil win in this WC Qualification encounter. Their confidence comes as a bit of a surprise giving that this match will be taking place in Quito, which is known for it's high altitude, and therefore may be a barrier to the performance of Brazil.
    With regards to my prediction I don't see Brazil winning it, and a 1-0 win to Ecuador, or 1-1 draw is what I predict for the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ecuador Last 6 Results:

Ecuador 3-2 England U21 (Neutral Ground)
    Oman 2-0 Ecuador
    Iran 0-1 Ecuador (Neutral Ground)
    Mexico 2-1 Ecuador (Neutral Ground)
    Venezuela 3-1 Ecuador
    Ecuador 1-0 Chile

Brazil Last 6 Results:

Brazil 2-0 Italy (Neutral Ground)
    Brazil 6-2 Portugal
    Brazil 0-0 Colombia
    Venezuela 0-4 Brazil
    Brazil 0-0 Bolivia
    Chile 0-3 Brazil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm trying to convince my dad to get this on ppv.

12. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The game is on PPV in your location? How much does it cost for the viewing?

13. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I'm definitely going to purchase this on Direct TV it cost like 30 dollars.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yep, got Dish. It cost $30 per game or $99 if you want to watch the other games that are left.

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is the most important game of the eliminatorias.

A win will inspire and boost Ecuador's confidence for the next games.

A loss can be detremental.

I see Ecuador playing their best game ever and upsetting the odd makers.

Ecuador wins by 3-0 or more... goals from Caicedo, Benitez, Mendez and Guerron or Sombra

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The bookies don't watch a lot of Ecuador games, so they're surely basing their odds on stats and recent form. Which normally means a lot.

However, playing against Ecuador in Quito is one of the most difficult things a team can possibly do. Great teams come here and barely manage to get off a shot. Venezuela won a year and a half ago because of a wild deflection and an inexperienced goalkeeper who lost the ball in the lights. Besides that, most teams come here hoping to frustrate Ecuador and catch a lucky break. But I guarantee that from the opening whistle, we will be all over Brazil and pressing them back further and further, making them run and get tired.

Of course anything is possible and they might score on a break, but they will have to hold us from scoring for 90 minutes and in order to do that they are not going to be able to apply much offensive pressure.

17. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here in the UK, the Ecuador v Brasil, and Argentina v Venezuela games are on free on Sky Sports 2 this weekend. Although we do pay for this channel, as part of a package consisting of all the Sky Sports channels, and all 6 Entertainment packages, which come to a grand total of £39.50 per month. There's usually 2 or 3 CONMEBOL WC Qualifiers on live on Sky Sports per each round of games.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thats pretty awesome

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I say they should make all these games free once and for all and not put them on PPV...so people can see Ecuador do some major work on Brazil haha

20. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I will be at the stadium screaming for all of you that live in a foreign country...
    Try to find me where we pull out the huge flag at general nor-occidental..hehe
    Arriba Ecuador! El domingo a sorprender al mundo una vez mas y aplastar a los Brasileros arrogantes :D

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Omnisport.tv streams the games live on the web (http://www.omnisport.tv/page/LiveSchedule). Ecuador vs. Brazil is US$5.99.

I have been watching Man City's UEFA Cup games this way, quality of the stream and picture is very good.

If you get an HDMI cable you can hook up your computer to your flat-screen TV and enjoy! Don't pay PPV that is crap, and if it rains you're SCREWED!!

22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think this is going to be the squad come Sunday:

José Cevallos; Neicer Reasco, Iván Hurtado, Giovanni Espinoza y Paúl Ambrossi; Segundo Castillo, Edison Méndez, Walter Ayoví y Joffre Guerrón (Cristian Noboa); Felipe Caicedo y Cristian Benítez.

This is one hell of a risk..especially Castillo starting. I would be more defensive minded in the first half, wear brasil down and have Guerron and felipe come on in the second half.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    El clásico 4-4-2 se mantiene, con Ambrossi copando el carril izquierdo y Reasco el derecho. La dupla de volantes centrales la formó Méndez y Castillo, con Ayoví y Guerrón siendo los extremos. El segundo tiempo, Noboa tomó el lugar de ‘Dinamita’. Como se esperaba la dupla ofensiva Caicedo-Benítez estuvo en delantera.

Este es el primer 11 que ensayó Vizuete: José Cevallos; Neicer Reasco, Iván Hurtado, Giovanni Espinoza y Paúl Ambrossi; Segundo Castillo, Edison Méndez, Walter Ayoví y Joffre Guerrón (Cristian Noboa); Felipe Caicedo y Cristian Benítez.

So far Valencia seems to be completely out of the picture...and Mina has been confirmed out for both games.

I'm in doubts about whether giving Guerron or Noboa the starting spot just as Vizuete seems to be. Everything else seems to be pretty good, I just hope Ambrossi doesn't f*ck up on Sunday b/c he's really been slacking in that LB position lately.

24. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well said Manolo.

The bookies could very well be in for a bit of hammering from CONMEBOL/Ecuador/Global Football fans, who take advantage of those nice Ecuador win prices in the 15/4 area.
    It seems to me that the very impressive Brasil performances and results against Portugal and Italy, might have gone to the heads of bookies etc a bit, and as a result they are over rating Brazil's chances in this game, this whilst under rating Ecuador and ignoring the barriers (i.e. altitude).

With regards to this over rating, under rating, ignore (or forget) the barriers situation, I have just found a preview to the Ecuador v Brasil game that you should all take a look at. The link to the preview is below, and it should see you going through motions of shock, laughter, and perhaps even anger at what is said. Their prediction for the result is certainly an eye opener.
    http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/68631/ecuador-vs-brazil/#more

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I actually saw this about a week ago and was tempted to post it on here. But that preview is so extraordinarily silly that it didn't seem worthy of any serious analysis. Either that person is a hypernationalistic Brazilian, or has very little knowledge of recent South American soccer. Possibly both.

Not even the most ardent Brazil supporter would predict that score. If anything, it concerns me that LiveSoccerTV.com is not hiring serious writers, because I do visit that site often and it would actually make sense from a business perspective for them to have credible soccer articles.