EC playoff - Scotland v Netherlands, [r]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by SJFC4ever, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Thought Christian Dailly was increadible today! The future looks good with some of the young players as well! Watched the game in a pub in Paisley of all places but had a great day nevertheless!

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at a couple of places and I see that he might miss the return leg due to yellow card in the first half.

http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Scottish_News/page_111_61909.shtml

3. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Jaap Stam out for the Dutch as well.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sean Connery..as James Bond!

"Shocking, simply shocking."

Bravo Scotland...I have 2 Scottish ancestors on my Dad's side...way back when.

Love upsetting a side that the media was giving the match too before it was even played....LOL.

5. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
  6. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    No doubt it was Big Lee's best match in the Scotland side . Made me proud as a Dee to see them put up Dundee every time they put the closeup on him :)

I always love watching teams wearing dark blue beating teams wearing orange

7. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Well, well. Some weekend for the good guys. I spent most of yesterday recovering from my massive hangover resulting from attending Chicago's win over New England.

Hail to the Welsh and Scots! On the Fire!

8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have to hand it to McVogts. I was convinced that he was not the man that could get Scotland moving forward, let alone get results against big teams, but he's proved me wrong. A well deserved playoff spot and now a first leg win against the Dutch, and all with some very bright young individual talents playing the key roles.

9. DearOne

DearOne New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Canada
    request for help

hi all, I'm new here and to soccer...

I was hoping I could watch the scotland/netherlands game on Wed. I get Direct TV from the U.S. But I'm completely lost trying to find a tv listing of when and where the game might be aired here...

would anyone be so kind as to help me?

thanks in advance

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DearOne

I will only tell you if you root for Holland. ;-P

It's not on Direct TV as far as I know. Check out Sentanta.com/sport for a location near you (Sentanta is the company broadcasting the game in NA).

Good luck finding somewhere to watch it!

11. DearOne

DearOne New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Canada
    I think you're right, windycity, about it not being on Direct TV. I just scrolled through every channel (felt like about 2000 of them... :p ) and couldn't find it.

I did find the sentanta website and it lists a couple of sports bars I could go watch in. yay!

Only thing is the game is at the same time I'm supposed to be in my one and only class at uni.... hmmmm. ;)

oh, and sorry to disappoint, but the only reason I'm even watching is because of my dear Scotish friend...so I really must cheer for Scotland.

Thanks very much for your help though.

May the best team win!

12. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Cheering for Sscotland?

Ok, ignore my earlier post, there is nowhere in Canda that you can watch the game! ;-P

BTW, I'd call ahead to confirm that either of those two bars are showing the game as Sentanta's info is not always up-to-date.

Screw "may the best team win", GO HOLLAND!

13. DearOne

DearOne New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Canada
    calling ahead... will do :)

I guess I'll have to miss this game. Hopefully not all the games will turn out to be Wed afternoon.