Ebay jerseys

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Pirlo_United, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Pirlo_United

Pirlo_United New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Has anyone bought jesersys from ebay and if so which seller has ones with good quality? Cause in Canada i can get the real jerseys but i can't get the names on the back, but i never bought from ebay and alot of them looks fake

2. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    i have got my man u keeper and old home kit. i cant remember seller. just look at diferent ones. and see for yourself if they are real.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I noticed that a lot of the shirts with printing on are from singapore. But if you didnt want to get ripped off you could try this website they ship world wide and have a good range of shirts and printing. Just not sure how much they will sting you for the shipping :

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp

I have brought a few shirts from them in the past they are a good company.

appleCORR

4. Theo P

Theo P New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    I dont want to sound prejudice or racist but I personally would not suggest buying jerseys or football gear from anywhere in the oriental area. Most of them are easily spotted as fakes and even the reast of them from seem dodgy.
    No disrespect to asians but, I tell it like it is. peace.

5. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have bought 4 jerseys so far,,,,its hit or miss...my fulham was a definate knock off but looks very good and pretty well made, just no puma logo, real madrid came with the adidas tags and label looks good, Barcelona was so so, its has the nike logo but its a knockoff. My Kiev jersey is pure crap, straight from the Ukraine. I have two more on the way,,,,will wait and see on them

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've always looked at shirts on eBAY and firstly thought BARGAIN! But then you are more than likely getting a fake shirt. I think i'd just rather pay the extra and get the real article. I mean, fair enough if you really cannot get the shirt (or printing) anywhere else and you are desperate i suppose people make do with fakes. Personally though i wouldnt buy a shirt off eBAY and like one guy said. Especially from Singapore or Thailand. Most of the shirts sold from these countries tend to be fake even though they have the adidas tags etc on them.

appleCORR

7. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    nwt stands for new with tags

8. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
  9. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
  10. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    I have bought a real madrid blue jersey off ebay lately. Even though it ha adidas logo on it and has tags and stuff its still not real. At first i thought it was real, but then my friend wore the real one. It was the NICEST jersey i have ever seen. But on ebay they are all fakes, as far as blue real madrid kit goes (or at least its hard to find the real one). Others look fine.

11. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    wtf...oriental. what century are you living in?

anyways, about 90% of shirts on ebay are fake.
    usually fake shirts don't even have the manufacturer listed in the title.
    like theo p said, avoid buying shirts from southeast asia. this is where most of fake/variant items come from. don't be fooled by any seller either, some of them are registered as US or UK or other countries, but still send shirts from HK, china, etc. If you want an authentic replica or authentic shirt buy from subside.co.uk, if you want a cheap imitation stick to ebay.

13. Ronaldinho14

Ronaldinho14 New Member

May 16, 2004
    Oregon, USA
    Dude, Oriental is just fine. That's what the prople from that part of the world are called. :D

14. HiFi

HiFi New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Stay away from jerseys from Asian sellers for the most part on eBay. And beware of those who state a location like USA or UK, or use American or European currencies to price their products when the descriptions say "ship from Asia". For the most part, they are fakes.

While Subside is a good company, the best deal is from www.kitbag.com. Not quite the selection of Subside, but I recently ordered a jersey with my son's name. It was printed and shipped the next day, and I had it two days later by DHL. A total of 3 days from internet order to reciept.

15. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    either youd don't use ebay, or you're a rookie. those are obviously fake. when the seller refuses to ship to certain countries, mainly italy, sometimes france and germany, it's fake, and it's probably form thailand. any time it says sizel/xl, it's fake. you can also tell with the shipping rates. also, if it's popular(man u , arsenal, real madrid, holland) you'll find many fakes. even though of you seem to be against fakes, some are actually well made. i've bought a few and no one coudl tell they were fake. i even sold one , and when i told the guy i sold it to, he didn't care, because no one else can tell. you cna buy them, but you're risking getting a pretty decent imitation or a piece of crap that will fall apart in one wash. but so far, it's gone well for me.

16. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ronaldinho14: 'oriental' is now viewed as a dated and ignorant term to describe anyone or anything that is of East Asian descent.

For those new to eBay - all the points the other posters have made about shirts coming from Asia should be seriously taken into account. Like guado says, you could either be receiving a decent imitation (read: high quality fake) or a piece of polyester garbage. So it's somewhat of a crap shoot.

A while back when I decided to shell out $30 for a jersey on eBay just to see how these fakes measure up to the real thing. I bought an '02 Adidas Germany home shirt to compare to my original store bought shirt.

Seeing really is believing :)

17. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A while ago I bought a shirt off Ebay. It had Puma tags and everything, even an embroidered badge which looked just as good as the real thing, but the Puma logos were definitely not legit. It was a high quality fake, but a fake no less. And yes, it came from South East Asia.

18. Theo P

Theo P New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Oriental is out-dated and ignorant?? Since when? I've never heard of it being old.

19. Theo P

Theo P New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    How do you get your son's name on a shirt at kitbag? Where does it let you customize them?

20. USFSoccer

USFSoccer New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Can anyone recommend any Ebayers that have excellent quality and maybe even legit jerseys for sale? I've looked at some, but they can be deceiving. Any that has done business with them in the past and gotten good results please refer me.

Also how do the sizes measure up?

USFSoccer

21. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lol where do you live?

Dictionary.com says it the best:

22. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    selt1967 - sometimes has player issue and other rare shirts.

county_murchman - mainly deals close outs and shirts that are a little older.

kingy6 - has a lot of shirts that don't seem likely to be faked, but who knows. Dunno if anyone would take time to make fake Aberdeen or Coventry shirts. Full size run for some teams. Probably deals closeouts or minor defects.

rockymtsoccer - US-based seller who used to deal a lot of current shirts. Haven't seen them put anything up lately though.

* I should say however, despite a lot of fakes coming from Thailand, Singapore etc. there are a few legit sellers from Hong Kong on eBay who are serious traders of player issue/rare shirts. My cousin tells me there is a shopping plaza there where the entire mall or store is sports/football/jersey shops.

And not every L or XL shirt is fake, only the ones that are BOTH L AND XL. :)

23. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

i've bought almost 30 jerseys on ebay, and the majority of the ones from Hong Kong or singapore are definately fakes. Some look so damn good you can't tell. I live in Southern California and there is a store in LA county that has official jerseys and official lettering of the EPL SPL spain, (and germany i think) they also have the badges. I would pay the money for the real thing, it's well worth it. the website is;

www.socceplus.net

Check it out. DEFINATELY worth the money, and they're nice guys as well.

24. HiFi

HiFi New Member

Nov 2, 2004

When you select a shirt, there's a tab that says "add shirt printing".