eBay Item of the Day

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I like the seller's other auction - Bruce Springsteen's ego.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I saw something yesterday about how people were more than happy to go to the concerts and then stay home and get a buzz on election day. It was all a big ego trip for him, as it was for all the Hollywood crowd - just an extension of "Hey, look at me" that drove them into showbiz in the first place.

The funniest one was last week when Cher did the nightclub in South Beach appearance where she told the Gays that if Bush won they would all be rounded up and put into camps.

They had expected thousands of people and instead a few dozen showed up. Cher complained that it was the promoter's fault, saying that he "wasn't very good at this"

No, Cher, it's because you're an airheaded dimwit, and nobdy wants to pay money to hear what you "think" about anything. Gay men have TASTE, Cher.

3. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
  4. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Michael Moore's Relevance"

It said that in about seven days it would be completely gone and thus this was a real collector's item.

Damn eBay. No sense of humor.

5. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Bill what do you think of republican celebs like Bruce Willis, Drew Carey, Bo Derek, Charles Barkley etc? I admit to being a hypocrite because I like them while I wish the liberal ones would just shut up. Granted Bruce Willis doesn't go around calling people stupid or fascist for not agreeing with him like the left celebrities did. Plus Willis went and visited the troops in Iraq.

6. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me answer your question with a question.

How many times have they come out to say that our country is evil, our troops slaughter innocents, and if the commoners don't listen to them we will all die? (Even when Clinton was Prez)

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go along with YITBOS' answer.

Just as an aside, the stuff that people like Cameron Diaz and Rosie ODonnel said during the campaign was so loopy, so absurd, so monumentally idiotic that it's simply not a case of whether you agree or disagree with them. It's a case of wondering whether they need to be institutionalized for lunacy.

Have you ever seen Barbra Streisand's website? A daily dose of ignorance wrapped in self-importance. It's frightening blind and narrow and inane, and it's from a woman who considers herself quite the sophisticate.

To me, the two parties use their celebrities differently. Toby Keith may help you draw a crowd, and he may even introduce you, but he isn't expected to give a 10 minute distribe on how we're in mortal danger of being dragged off to concentration camps.

He's just a crowd builder and fund raiser.

Ditto the rest of these guys.

Did any of you happen to see the ad the Democrats ran over the last weekend? Martin Sheen - President Bartlett - standing in fron to a flag, says "The Republicans don't want you to vote. But we can't stand any more of their dirty tricks"

Having a celebrity introduce you or sing a song at your rally is completely legit. Acting like airheaded Cameron Diaz has something that everyone needs to hear is something else. I guess that's the difference to me.

8. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    How about the ever Funny Colin Quinn, a Bush supporter.

"Bush gave a gracious speech today. I don't respect that. I wanted him to come out and say 'anyone who didn't vote for me - no flu shots for you!' "

I see your points Yitbos and Bill but still Dennis Miller, Colin Quinn and (especially) Ron Silver did come out and say that liberals are bad for us. Quinn and Miller are comedians who host political shows so I guess that's part of the job but Ron Silver made it his lifes goal seemingly to make sure Kerry wasn't in office. I like him but I admit that I don't like the democrats who did exactly the same thing. Oddly enough Ron Silver used to be a democrat until 9/11 so for 55 years he was a democrat and he has spent the last year doing everything in his power to make sure kerry wasn't elected.

odd.