Earthquakes vs. America at Candlestick Park (9/18/02) PRE-GAME thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by ThreeApples, Aug 23, 2002.

1. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    As it gets closer to the match, the more I want to go. The thing is I have work (in Mtn. View) til 6pm and I will be going with the flow of traffic. How long will it take to get to SF and any suggestions on what route to take? 101 is going to be a bitch so I'm thinking 280 will be better. Anyone know of any shortcuts?

btw, I want to get the $25 tix but where's everyone sitting?

2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to ldb, in the section where our view is blocked by Sigi.
    I'm in LRES24 with Brad and the rest.

3. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Sigi will arrive early to attend the match at the Stick.....he will be trying to bribe Blanco into compound fracturing the lower leg of Eddie Robinson so Eddie won't make Cobi or Ruiz look silly anymore.

4. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Is it true that Luis Hernandez is avoiding the States because of a child support issue? I heard it from a big Club America fan. He said that if Luis comes to California he could be arrested.

5. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I told you we've got to borrow Pablo. At least for this game. Quite-a-muck would probably go into cardiac arrest when he sees Mastroeni.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know one of those California "It's the Cheese" Cows could file for child support.

7. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I like it! :D

8. sevana

sevana New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Oakland, CALI
    Hey does anyone know if they are sold out or if there will be tickets available at the gate?!

9. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be tickets avail.

10. sevana

sevana New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Oakland, CALI
    at the gate?

11. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Will cost a little more, but worthwhile...

I don't think this game will sell out, but there is enough demand at that least 30k or more will show, given the last events that sold out at Spartan.

12. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    this is what the starting XI for tomorrow should be:Tim Hanley(goalkeeping coach) on net,Conway,Conrad,Coach Yallop and Ibsen on "d",Kinnear,Roner,Russell and Corrales on mid-field,lucci and De-ro up front,I'm not lying we're so thin everywhere and even bring trainer Bruce Morgan if he wants to play!tomorrow's game is a waste!

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure there will be tickets at the gate. As I understand, the standard practice for Latinos is the walk-up; they're not known for buying tickets far in advance.

14. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    That's actually a very good idea...absolutely brilliant actually...

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I don't agree completely (maybe, partially) with you Jose. But I'm sure, since it's a friendly, there will be close to unlimited substitution and Frank is not going to let any of his guys get hurt if he can help it. Now that we've lost Mulrooney, I'm not as happy about this game tomorrow as I was before.

16. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    I dont wanna sound like Kris Kros or MC Hammer, but the scheduling of this game is wiggady-wiggady-whack!

17. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In hindsight, the team could use a day off and some rest. Now, with the team decimated by injuries, Yallop needs to field a competitive team to satisfy the fans not familiar with MLS and the Quakes, let his key players get some time and then rest in the second half, and mostly, make sure the team gets out of this injury free.

If someone goes down, it's very well the end of the Quakes' championship hopes. At a friendly a few years ago with Morelia in San Jose, Tim Weaver came into the game, got hacked really bad and was never the same player again.

It doesn't really matter what the outcome is (except the Quakes winning) but at this stage I'll take a team that walks out of this unhurt.

Cheers!

18. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My class was cancelled yesterday and work has slowed down. I just may be there tonight!

19. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im gonna head over to the stadium. Still haven't bought a ticket for tonight. Hopefully will see a few SF quakes fans at the stick.

20. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I guess I should have bought my ticket at the gate. I must be one of the smart ones.

21. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Quakes will be suiting up some local guest players tonight: Lars Lyssand, Shaun Tskaris, and Nelson Santana.

22. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Niners site, parking during 49er games is $20!!!
    Now I'm hoping that they aren't going to do that for this game, but I wouldn't put it past them. Heads up anyway.

I also heard blacks don't have the mental capacity to be managers in baseball.:)
    Wayne, you must love the taste of shoe leather my friend. Carlos you want me to head-butt him for ya?

Guy

23. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's OK. I'm sure there wasn't any bad intention.

24. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJSU!!!!!!!!!!

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, man, that was not meant to be an ethnic slam or to have any racial implications, whatsoever. That is what I was told by the marketing people at the Quakes, i.e., that Latino people don't order in advance as much, that they buy their tickets day of the game, i.e., walkup. Of course, I know it's not true for everyone, I've had Hispanic people order tickets through me in advance. Sheesh. Head-butter!!!