Ear ringing after club or rock Concert

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by gazzad_5, Nov 9, 2004.

1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    has anyone ever had this feeling i hate it, it can last days or even up to a week, i suppose if the music is that loud it will happen to most people as it is a very common thing after loud noise, isnt it annoying?

2. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Not to sound like a lecturing old geezer, but I'm living proof that unprotected loudness (coupled with boozing) at rock shows leads to hearing loss. If your ears are still ringing the next day after a show, you are succeptible to hearing damage and need to change the way you see (or perform, if you are a musician) live shows.

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, could you say that again? Having trouble hearing you.

Clubbing where there's ear pounding tunes that have heavy basslines leads to hearing loss as well.

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have permanent ear ringing, thanks to Whitesnake's In the Still of the Night.

should I say that louder???

I have permanent ear ringing, thanks to Whitesnake's In the Still of the Night.

5. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

...all the cool kids are doing it...

6. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i realise wearing plugs is the sensible thing to do and often do.
    but has anybody had this feeling after going to a club/concert and how long did it last.in the past ive had it last several days, and often as long as a week

8. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

Or you can get the really good kind. I got a pair of these about a year ago, and they are like magic.

My audiologist took a mold of my ear so that they fit perfectly, and then you can replace that little "button" on the outside with filters that cancel increasing or decreasing amounts of noise (you can cancel 10db, 15db, 25db, and so on). Also, you can barely see them

The beauty is that these don't change the quality of the sound. So you don't lose all the high frequency sounds you lose when you jam styrofoam in your ears.

Ths downside is that they cost about $200. But if you go to enough shows, like I do, they're well worth it.

9. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle

It sounds to me like you might be doing some damage. Go to an audiologist, and for God's sake, plug your ears at shows before everything starts to sound like you've got earplugs in.

10. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    ear ringing that lasts longer than 10 minutes is a sign of significant hearing loss. if you that enough times it piles up.

11. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    but he's a Real Madrid supporter... ;)

12. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ugghh..

13. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    about your Stephen Hawking quote...

interesting conceit, but hard to support.

14. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I 2nd that. Seriously.

15. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Seriously.

[lecture]Don't make the same mistake as me, young man.[/lecture]

16. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop standing in front of the stage. :p

But seriously, I've experienced that sensation too many times to tell. My hearing's pretty much fine, but I've been told that I'm going to go deaf in one ear and the other will likely follow because of a strange syndrome I've developed. I've stayed away from shows except acoustic since this diagnosis because I don't really want to hasten the inevitable.

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    have you had it for days or up to a week, just wondering what other people go through aswell as myself

18. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I've had it last as long as five days after some of the hardcore shows I used to go to, scared the hell out of me at the time.
    I recently had a hearing test done and despite two and a half decades of live shows and nite-clubbing the doctor told me my hearing was within normal range, funny that, I could have sworn I was half deaf.

19. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Days for sure. Now, one ear rings constantly, but that's not because it sneaked out and went to a show while the other one stayed home. Anyway, that's pretty annoying to have in one ear and would be awful to have constantly in both ears.

20. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I read somewhere your average rock club today uses a more powerful system than the Beatles did at Candlestick Park.

21. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Tinnitus: tin-night’-is or tin’-it-is (either pronunciation is correct)\ n. [L., tinnire to ring]: the perception of ringing, hissing, or other sound in the ears or head when no external sound is present. Tinnitus is a persistent, chronic noise in the ears. Having tinitus can be annoying, frightening, depressing, and debilitating. For some people, tinnitus is just a nuisance. For others, tinitus is a life-altering condition. In the United States, an estimated 17 million people have tinnitus to one degree or another.

Tinnitus is a symptom not a disease. The tinitus sounds perceived by the sufferer include ringing in the ear, blowing, hissing, whistling, pulsating or high and low pitched sounds. The mechanism that causes these sounds to be heard where there is no outside source for these noises is unknown. Tinnitus, also referred to as ringing in the ear, is common. Almost everyone experiences a mild form of Tinnitus where one hears noises for several minutes. Persistent tinnitus can interfere with the ability to concentrate, sleep and may cause psychological problems. Historically, people with tinnitus were told they must learn to live with the tinitus condition; until recently, no treatment was available for tinnitus sufferers. The prospect of a life with tinnitus is frequently unbearable. As William Shatner, a longtime tinnitus sufferer, described in People Magazine, "...my terror came from two things: one is the sound itself. The other is that you're (tinnitus) is going to get worse, and you're never going to be able to sleep or concentrate again."

Fortunately, effective tinnitus treatments now exist. Our mission at the Tinnitus Ear Ringing Center is to ease tinnitus sufferers symptoms through research to keep up with the newest, most cutting edge tinnitus remedies, and techniques for providing relief for tinnitus sufferers. And by using all means possible including alternative remedies, herbal, mineral, biofeedback, sound therapy, and other techniques to alleviate tinnitus symptoms.

http://www.tinnitusearringing.com/

22. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    The worst is when I went to 5 hour George Clinton non-stop jam session and my ears rang for a couple of days.

23. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    wow 5 days, when it lasts that lon it is the norm to get scared it'l never go away, but it usually seems to

24. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    almost everyone i know has tinnitus. of course most of them wear aluminum foil hats, but that could be a coincidence.

by the way, they really work

[​IMG]

25. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Standing in front of the stage doesn't make my ears hurt. It really makes me feel sick though b/c it's so loud.