EA SPORTS EURO 2004 PS2 - thoughts? opinions?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dunkel, Jun 30, 2004.

1. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    so i just picked this up the other day. after trying to figure out what the menus meant, thanks to ea's slim instruction book, i finally got going as czech republic in a tourny. i like the morale indicator. nice touch. the players have other names though. is this due to liscensing? i thought ea had all the names due to their fifa set up.

game play is a little odd. it seems like ea is finally trying to compete with winning eleven. the play isn't as pick up and go as fifa 2004 was and the players seem to go at a much slower pace. it's hard to break away and chase down people.

anyone else notice, or is it just me, that the whole game runs a bit slow on the ps2. not really jerky but it just seems like the game wants to move at a faster pace but something won't let it? anyone else have this problem?

2. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    yeah i just bought it today and i did the fantasy thing first to see what it was. wwhen i was picking players there were like 15 of them named ned with a number. i was like what the hell but then i went to play as holland and none of there players have names but ned. i was excited to use them because fifa 02 03 04 dont have them. they must not have a liscense but have to put them in the euro game cause there in euros. the menu does run a little slow

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    yes, the KNVB has a habit of asking too much for licensing

4. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i hate this game its so freakin hard to take free kicks and just regular shots. plus u cant go far post on corners otherwise the golie has like a 99.9% chance of catching it before u even hit it