Dynamo Viewing in Austin -- Urgent

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by The Liquidator, Jun 21, 2008.

1. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I did it, after calling a billion places I found a place that carries HD NET!!
    ...so,

Austin Dynamo Fans get down to 3rd Base, a new bar on west 6th on between Lamar and Mopac, last building on left before Mopac. Get your skates on and get down there stat! ...You can thank me by buying me a beer when you get there ;)

Address

1717 West 6th Street
    Building 2, Suite 210R
    Austin, TX 78703

Phone Number

512.476.BASE

http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/content/view/24/71

2. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    game time 8:30 Central Time

3. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Scratch that noise about that 3rd base place, CHUCO's 10th Street Tacos is definately the place to watch Dynamo in Austin. Got a chance to talk to the general manager about having big group Dynamo showings there and they were down and very happy to have us. Very acomidating, great specials, great mexican comida on the cheep, but they don't skip on the quality. $7 buckets of beer and dolla tacos, hijolllllllle

10th and Lamar on 10th going east right along the suprisingly mosquito free Shoal Creek

4. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yo liquidator, was that you (and a buddy) at 10th street tacos this past saturday for the game? I walked in right before the game with a Dynamo shirt on.

5. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    jah, you should have sat with us. That place was pretty tight, I'm most definately going back there to watch games when they come on HD. I forgot to ask the manager what other stations they had for future games, but he seams pretty down with taking care of us

6. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to once i found out some friends bailed on me(thats why i sat at the larger table in the other "room"). I turned around and you guys were gone. Later in the evening that manager dude said you all were outside. Ill definitely be catching games there in the future. Till then...

7. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston

Just curious if this place (Chucos) is still the official Austin - Houston Dynamo watch party...I'll be in ATX visiting family for the weekend. If I get a response from your Austinites, I would love to join you all to root our Naranja on. If not I'll be at Baby A's off 35 possibly trying to convince the manager to change the tube to Telefutura.

Thanks,

- J

8. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're in luck, I was talking to the manager and they have Telefutura and they're all about having Dynamo fans over for dinner and drinks. So looks like we'll be headed there because for some reason Time Warner in austin is off the Telefutura grid, so Chuco's is one of the few places in town that has it and is actually cool and accomidating to us

Chuco's <3's Dynamo... and I <3 Chuco's :D:D

9. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston
    Awesome! I will be departing from Houston tonight and make my first to Pflugerville than to Del Valley Saturday morning, I am hoping someone from my family could drop me off (they owe me big either way :cool:) otherwise I'll take a cab. Thanks for the information, I'll look out for Dynamo Orange, because of course there is UT burnt orange. :D

Dale Dynamo!

- J AKA S.D

10. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston
    I went all over Austin, Texas looking for a place (since Chuco's was not open:mad:) to watch the Dynamo vs DC match after one hour and half of searching and having a couple Dynamo fan's from houston down 6th street waiting in line at a blue's bar (older couple) say hello...we finally ended up at 3RD BASE to watch the second half. WE SAW A BEAUTIFUL GOOOOL by stuie. We went to 5 places that did not carry Telefutura...Tavern, some Irish pub full of Liverpool fan's, The Brewery, Baby A's and so on....

WOW how hard is it to get Telefutura on your cable package.:confused:

Anyhow after being surrounded by UFC fan's hating me for nearly an hour and having one itty bitty 30 inch TV showing the Dynamo beat the shit out of DC and 6 Dark and Tans...I AM HAPPY!:D

11. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I road my motor bike down to Chuco's and they were closed (for a 2 week remodeling :eek:) frantically I try to find some other location, and ended up at Matt's El Rancho, they didn't have telefutura, by then it was already too late, so I dove face first into Modelo.... but I just saw the highlights 5 hours later and I'm feeling much better now... that Holden goal was balls out! :cool:

12. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there anyplace that i can catch tomorrow's dynamo game? I'm in refuge in ATX for the weekend, I'm an East ender so Ike has us on the run. F-ing crappy situation but am trying to salvage something of the weekend by catching the game and kicking back a couple of cold ones. Does Chucos have direct kick, or do y'all know where I might be able to watch the game streamed online w/o buying the mlsnet package? Thanks in advance...

13. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mannny, I asked the same thing in the san antonio thread. Evidently all the local dynamo (ATX & SATX) fans ran like hell when they found out Houstonians were coming to town. hahahaha

14. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds about right.

15. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is late, but if the games are not on FSC, Telefutura, ESPN2, etc...its extremely hard to actually watch them here in Austin, especially at a bar/restaurant. The only establishment that I knew of that had DK was 10th Street Tacos (aka chucos), but unfortunately it has closed its door for good, probably due to those greedy El Pasonians that run chicos(aka unnecessary lawsuit against 10th st tacos). Sad. If I would have been on the boards last week I would have responded. And just for the record, the only locals running here are the ones along Lady Bird Lake. Houstonians are always welcome in Austin. Glad we could help in your time of need. Everyone take care.