Dynamo Stadium Episode I: A New Home

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You look like you're playing the old-time Rapids, or Inter. Either way, their numbers are backwards.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what I just noticed - they are taking the big Minute Maid parking lot (I think it is lot C, the bigger one further from 59) and making it the "VIP Parking Lot", thus leaving only the smaller MM lot for common folk parking.

So I'm not sure how many other "lots" are going to be available to park. I assume they just think everyone will want to park on the street since I don't believe there are many surface lots, if any, over on that side of 59.

Take out the big MM lot and there is literally a fraction of the lots that we currently have at Robertson, which aren't that big to begin with.

3. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a piece of parking for sale (currently priced at $3,793,800; 1.45 acres) that lies right next to (south) the VIP parking. So unless someone has disposable income and doesn't mind spending $3.8 mill and share the parking lot for free, I guess we'll have to see how parking (and tailgate parking) works out.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1064945497-413-Bastrop-St-Houston-TX-77003

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know how many of those may be around. That said, as a private lot that close I would imagine if they use it as parking, it'll be $20 per car. Not sure how they would get it permitted for tailgating.

Look, I know I am "Downside" but there are a lot of unanswered questions about the new stadium that I am sure will be answered in time, but a lot of this is going to be new and unknown by the time the FO asks us to plop down money for tickets. They can pretty much wash their hands of the parking issue since other than MM they don't own or control any other lots.

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just because they are labeling a lot "VIP Parking Lot" does not mean that it will be exclusively VIP. VIPs might just get a parking pass to that lot while others would have to pay extra to park there.

6. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    You have to buy the land way before the stadium is built.
    At this point, is going to cost a pretty penny.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that is a possibility. But are they going to control access and reserve spots for VIPs and let others park there? Reason I ask is that my experience is similar situations is that the lot attendants have no clue and just let folks in and end up overflowing the lot (like at the Rob). Mixed lots tend to create confusion.

8. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just for a price comparison: SGs get their seats for like $250, which is supposed to be a roughly $500 discount. So lower bowl, behind goal is $750. Trying to get a rough estimate for everywhere else isnt too difficult. Will people be displaced? Yes, but that shouldnt be surprising whem you cut 10,000 seats from a stadium

9. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    About 65% increase over similar pricing scheme today.

10. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tryin' to win the lottery...

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think your logic is a bit flawed. We're going from 30,000 to 22,000 and only have 6,000 or so season tickets, so you would think everyone could be accommodated, but then you turn the middle 20% of the stadium into premium seating.

Just saying. it's not the downsizing using the problem, it's the premium reconfiguration.

12. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I bet we go from 6k STs to about 12k STs. Thats a big difference. And taking out all those seats does make a huge difference. Sure the premium seats displace peeps, but its not as bad as people think.

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If KC can get that amount, we should. Besides, itd be sweet to say we have more STs than FCF has fans :D

14. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I think ten thousand season ticket (seats) is probable. I can count at least 6 more season ticket accounts for next year from my own experience. The new stadium will bring out more corporate season ticket accounts as well.

15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You failed to get my point haus, go if you want to, sit where you want to, stay at home if you must even though we didn't have outdoor footy from '02 to '05 cuz soccer fans tend to do just that...just don't bitch about prices when our FO ran a price break.

16. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  17. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not stress people! We will have a home and it will be BEAUTIFUL!!! The prices will go up thats obvious I mean come on were gonna be DOWNTOWN! Remember also that there will be ZERO BAD SEATS!!! unless if course your too stuck up to sit a little higher and well then if your that stuck up well then FORK UP the Cash to pay for the overpriced seat!!!! The best part of the New Stadium to me is that with only 22k seats it will always be packed and most of the people that go will be hardcore or pretty loyal fans!!! Now what they have to work on is a successful ticket exchange for STH who wont be able to go....something like flashseats will work awesome!!! Unless we already have something like that?? I dont think we do because if we did we wouldnt have all those dudes hustling tickets outside all the time....not that theres anything wrong with that LOL :confused:

18. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Pics from June 13:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobius tweeted that GoogleMaps shows the Dynamo stadium now with the street closures and construction. Pretty cool. But the street view isn't updated. And I just noticed Newtex has a pool. I'll definitely be over after games.

20. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After games?

No, no, no, no, no, you need to see the big picture my seem educator.

Everyone in this forum should stop worrying about parking, we go to his home 6 hours before game time (no way we can't find a free parking spot near his building), we organize a pool party, we do some grilling, and then off to the game and we organize another pool party and more grilling after the game, that way we will not worry about the traffic.

21. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    any chance on Dynamo girls attending those pool parties? :D

22. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to like the way you think, Eguzki. And thumbs up to the Dynamo Girls, too. :cool:

23. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El fútbol nos une, :D

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What price break are you talking about? The one they are taking away to pay your commission or something? If you are implying that they kept prices down at Robertson as a "price break", maybe, but based upon my priority number they weren't exactly flying off the shelves in early 2006.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we get to 12K season tickets, you will all know what I look like because if we hit that level I'll wear a Rafa Marquez Mexico jersey and paint my face green, white, and red for the inaugural game.