Dynamo Kyiv in Champions League

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by metros11, Jun 29, 2005.

1. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, since they finished in 2nd they're going to be playing FC Thun of Switzerland in 2nd round of Qualifying. I honestly never even heard of the team so not even sure how much of a test they will pose. Thoughts?

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Well, friend, you're not alone. According to the official DK website, they haven't heard of them either. I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamo lost though or got past them on a penalty :rolleyes: , they are Dynamo after all.

3. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rebrov on the opponent:

- To tell you the truth, I don't know anything about this club. But I think any club, playing in the 2nd round of the UEFA Champions League, is worthy of respect and serious attitude.

Jerko Leko:

- I know FC Thun only from bookmakers quotations. They played well in Swiss Championship last season, but after all the recogrnized Swiss leaders were unequal to the occasion. In any case, I think we are stronger and we have to prove it on the pitch. To me individually, our rival, first of all, is a team with outstanding discipline.