Dynamo Fan Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by *rey*, Oct 26, 2010.

1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-0Az7dgRY"]YouTube - Monty Python - Life of Brian - PFJ Splitters[/ame]

"Splitters!!!"

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far this first morning of 2011 I've seen Chicharito score and two Premiere League penalty shots missed. The New Year is looking like it's going to be fun, or is it too early to tell?

3. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Was I wrong with Chicharito, when they announced his signing, I told a few friends that the guy was good, that he had potential to be a great player but that he wasn´t ready to go and play for MU, "mark my words, he will be back in Mexico in one year, with one goal to his name if he is lucky and will need a couple of years to get his confidence back", but then again, I was also wrong because I predicted that this year's MU was going to be a watered down version and that by December they would be out of the championship fight.

I don't like Alex Ferguson, mainly because he is always chumping gum and I really dislike the way people chew gum, I also dislike the way he talks to the press, but I have to agree that he is a great coach.

The point I want to make is that he is a great coach but he is able to do great things because MU prety much gave him a carte blanche, he can do whatever he wants, for years and years he has know that his job is safe, so the guy is always working with 2 different plans at the same time, one is hosrt term, the other one i slong term.

Look at the way he is managing Chicharito's playing time, he got a lot of time when he didn't have a lot of players to chose from, now that he pretty much has a healthy roster, he is not giving him a lot of time but he is constantly giving minutes in most games, he is making him work hard with weights, preparing him for the future while giving him enough time to get more and more used to the EPL.

Could another coach do this after Chicharito's initial run when he looked like he had the golden touch?, Could another coach dismiss the press and fans opinions?, No, but Ferguson knows he answers to no one.

Which is why even tough Dom had a year with questionable decisions, I really hope he stays with the team for 4 or 5 more years and that when is time to part ways, we hire and stick with the new huy for 9 or 10 years.

4. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking about off-season, yesterday we went to The Woodlands HEB and we had a huge surprise by seeing Decio de Maria with his wife buying a few groceries, which is what most Mexican guests do when they visit pals at The Woodlands, funny how our guests don't buy groceries for us :(

For those who don't know, Decio de Maria is the 2nd most powerful man in the Mexican Federation of Soccer, and one of the most hated personalities by Mexican fans.

5. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Whisky Sam's dream come true

6. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    So what have you done huh??? jajaja

10-year-old discovers a supernova

7. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naranja Trooper hasn't got shit on this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Homeless man w/golden radio voice in Columbus, OH (Update-FINAL)[/ame]

8. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^
    Funny. That's the first thing I thought when I saw that, too.

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was waiting for Cheech to turn up with this guy.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Blog Eighty Six Forever ranked the MLS teams' names, starting at #16, his choice for the worst name. That would be Real Salt Lake, then Sporting Kansas City. What he wrote about most of the names was funny and pretty true, especially #15 FC Dallas:
    But #14 was Houston Dynamo. Really? The only reason he gives for ranking Dynamo just below FCD is that he doesn't like using the singular form of a noun for a name. But hey, the team is a Dynamo, not each player. And, of course, the name is a good one for reasons he doesn't mention.... it ties into Houston being the energy capital of the world, it has historical ties to previous soccer teams in Houston as well as a traditional European name.
    The top name? Timbers. Timbers? I just don't see how it's any better than the Dynamo. 86's own Whitecaps came in at #10.
    Honestly, the list is funny but doesn't make much sense. But, it's just one man's opinion. And like he says, not much else is going on now.
    http://www.eightysixforever.com/2011/1/4/1911192/ranking-the-mls-team-names

11. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard on the radio that he has been already invited to a couple of the morning shows and the late noght shows, I'm sure he will get a gig out of all this exposure.

God knows that I didn't receive a second chance, I received a fourth or probably a fifth, which is why I try to pay it back by helping people get an extra chance of getting it right.

13. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
  16. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGgGqeYIrI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - SPECIAL1 TV ( S2 EP9) .Mid Table Madness.[/ame]

17. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The really funny thing is that IOC is so corrupt that they make FIFA look like Mother Teresa in comparison, being as corrupt as FIFA would be an improvement for them, but then again, that is like saying that looking like Haiti would be an improvement for Rwanda.

19. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  21. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    save and then re-upload to imgur?

22. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Fake or real boobs?

[​IMG]

23. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  24. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rey might like that. Didn't he say something about turning gay a while back? :D.

25. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston