Dyachenko's Footwork

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Blancanieva, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    Dyachenko needs more time on the pitch if he is going to demonstrate fancy footwork like he did against the fire on sat night.

discuss.........

2. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd definitely suggest him as a withdrawn forward ahead of starting Kpene. I think he's smart and has decent vision, too. Granted, he's no Jaime, but he definitely holds and distributes better than anyone else we've tried as a third forward. The trouble is, if he's withdrawn forward, we still need a credible partner up front for Emilio...

I wonder about the "Sub Gomez" option for having a lineup of:

-----Emilio---------Fred-----
    ------------DRod-----------
    --McTav---Simms-----Olsen--
    Burch---Vanney--Boz---Namoff

That's been tried, hasn't it?

3. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True dat, but I thought we were looking for a credible third forward option in Jaime's absence. :) I was curious about having Fred in that role, and I just can't remember if we tried that or not. Hell, I'm game for Dyachenko in that role, too...we're bound to find someone who works there EVENTUALLY. :D

5. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The best choices for withdrawn forward - absent Moreno are:

1. Gomez
    2. Fred
    3. Dyachenko

that is also the order in which they rank for A-mid as well. Dyachenko has vision and nice footwork. However, he is ponderously slow which limits his overall effectiveness because he will never outrun any defender. Gomez and Fred have everything that Dyachenko has, and more, which includes real goal scoring ability. They are also much faster. Now if someone could coach some more "speed" to Dyachenko, he would become a very credible bench player at either withdrawn forward or A-mid.

6. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are correct in your ranking, but using either of the first two at forward weakens the midfield. If Gomez went to withdrawn forward, would you replace him with Fred or with Dyachenko. I'm guessing Fred, in which case you need a new winger, and Gros is out. I think I would find a place for all three of them if/when Jaime is absent or injured.

7. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Dyachenko was psyched to get into the game against Chicago, you could see it. But he didn't make much happen. I'd say it's a toss up with Kpene for 3rd forward... Kpene has lots of ball skill too. Dyachenko is kind of cerebral and looks to pass whereas Kpene is a bit unpredictable, in a possibly good way. We'll see next year I guess, unless someone gets expansion drafted...

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What all of a sudden a couple step overs and he deserves a starting spot on our 11? LOL

#8 Member

Jul 5, 2000
    Washington DC metro
    Who wins in a footrace - Dyachenko or an "in his prime" Kelderman??? :D

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw this when i just got on to big soccer and thought to myself "is this guy the devil?" LOL

[​IMG]

Edit: Whats up with Big soccer automatically Resizing PICS???

11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a big Dyachenko fan, but I was disappointed in his play against Chicago. He seemed to be where attacks went to die. He almost always slowed with the ball and sent it back. His touch kept letting him down when receiveing passes, and many of his passes were off target.

12. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The OTC brought in as a ringer.:D

13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team: