Dwayne DeRosario Interview (Soccer365)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Crazy_Quakes_Fan, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
  2. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for the link. Nice interview.

3. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Pwamme is definitely old school on the music front.
    He sounds optimistic on the WCQ front. Don't really share that optimism myself.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the addition of Frank has boosted the optimism overall. Interesting point about Carribean people in Canada. I knew a lot of people from Barbados when I was living in London, Ont.

5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dwayne is a very nice person, has a lovely wife and cute kids, and I wish him the very best. Definitely a quality individual, and it comes through in the interviews.

6. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Toronto has a huge Caribbean population. Caribana in August is unreal, kind of midsummer T&T style Carnival.
    Dwayne's family is from Guyana, Julian de Guzman's mother is Jamaican, Rick Titus' family is from Trinidad & Tobago; he was with Colorado two seasons ago. I think Jason Bent, who also was with Colorado, is from a Jamaican family as well.

The band who recorded 'Who Let the Dogs Out' were from Toronto originally I think.

We also have a very big Haitian community in Montreal.

Frank coming to the national team has boosted morale incredibly. I just don't wear rose coloured glasses when it comes to looking at the semifinal group we are in.