Duvan Zapata

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Clenbuterol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    same everywhere.

You can’t like sports and hate black peoples it doesn’t make sense. Especially since they are pretty much the best at everything sports related saw a black dude on the cover of a fking hockey game! They won’t let white people have 1 game!!

so the whole “master/superior” race thing is just destroyed when you watch a sporting event.

tho how many white people say shut up and dribble or don’t be political while kneeling for the anthem.

Doogs repped this.
  2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never understood how people can be racist when it comes to sports. Just goes to show how ignorant people can be.

Froboy69 repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Fixed it

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks. Both versions apply. I don’t understand how people can think that way.

5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You know I would bring this up:

"Like, why hate someone based on what they are born as? I never got why people want to put in the extra effort to hate someone based on the color of their skin or where they were born; we got plenty of reasons to dislike one another that can make sense. But this doesn't."

And when I first said that while we were in the Persian gulf on the Flight Deck of our carrier, my entire shop mates from the line shack laughed and applauded me for spitting facts.

Just seems like wasted effort and trouble when it's better to like someone until they give you a real reason to dislike them.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Duvan got his first minutes today but couldn't save la Dea from their first loss of the season.

They slide to fourth. Muriel got a red in the 90th minute.

(Full disclosure - was driving back from a family weekend mini break so I missed the game and don't know how either played... But I am bummed la Dea falls to fourth in the table)

Furnaccio repped this.
  7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    29 minutes today before getting injured and subbed out…

Ooof!

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this guy is so lame, he had his one golden chance to sign for Inter a few seasons ago.

10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am seriously done with these under achievers. Like he was very disciplined too when he started under Napoli.

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    money is the number one killer of motivation...

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

You’ve been on a very negative run lately

I don’t think all our players are failed lazy bums. Duvan had a nice career. Just wasn’t all that great

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah well it's reached the point where I am done tolerating failure for us.

We have seen improvement since 2010 when it came down to the quality of talent that we could produce. Even when we didn't win, I could at least look to the players we're were getting each year with optimism thinking "In time they'll eventually get to a consistent standard; it's okay if they and we don't succeed at first because there are still postive signs. Sure it sucks but surely we can get better and learn from our mistakes," only that isn't happening and these players never went beyond how they started out.

Hell James our best player of the decade went down repeatedly despite playing within the best teams historically in Europe.

Brazilians and Argentine fans regularly hold their players to a higher standard and quite frankly I am tired of our painfully obvious potential never reaching a certain level because the players won't make that extra commitment that our neighbors do regularly.

I am beyond envious seeing that desire and drive that their players have no matter what because they know that they can't shy away from always trying to win.

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This too shall pass. Exhale.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the fed needs to go. New blood there and coaching

also coaches that tell the players wtf are you going to India or Iran to play fking football!!

Or a u20 player that had 3 games in Colombia and then they are talking about their euro transfer

we need former heroes as part of the Nt processes like a Abel Aguilar, Yepes, Cordoba, Angel, Falcao.

not these scum that all did a fkd up ticket resales of wcq tickets

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have always liked Duvan's game but he has done a lot more in Europe than I was expecting.

For the National team though he has done a lot less than I was expecting unfortunately.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unfortunate, indeed. He built up skill I never expected beyond his athletism but injury and some bad finishing in key moments worked against him. At this point, he is aging out and his body is betraying him.

Furnaccio and HomietheClown repped this.
  18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nice second half sub for Duvan who did a nice job with back to goal as the lone CF in Atalanta's 2-0 this afternoon over Sampdoria.

No goals, but very sharp protecting the ball, turning defenders and creating attacks out of nothing, he was an absolute headache for the opposition.

Reality is that Hojlund has really taken advantage of Duvan's injury this fall to establish himself and since he is still a teenager playing like that he is going to get the minutes. Lookman looks one of the signings of the season with 12 goals and 3 assists in 20 games too. Gasperini knows what he is doing.

19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just a few minutes for Duvan today to close the game, but reality is Rasmus Hojlund is playing out of his mind and at 19 is the future for Atalanta.

Same thing with Lookman keeping Muriel off the field. The Nigerian and Dane look like the signings of the season in Seria A and Gasperini is an absolute master with how he has built them up.

2-0 AWAY at Lazio for Atalanta.

20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I was surprised it took Gasperini that long to renew the team, he has been very good at doing that in the past. They over relied on Duvan for a couple years now and Duvan and Muriel did a really good job keeping a weakened team a float but they've finally turned over with young talent. Duvan from a soccer standpoint made the absolute right move staying at Atalanta but his bank account probably suffered for it, he should try and cash in this summer if available.

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1626635086891470848 is not a valid tweet id

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel so sorry for this dude man...he was disciplined, never been irresponsible but these injuries and his failed to make impacts with the national team has just be sad to watch. :(

23. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I don't know man. I think he should be proud of his accomplishments. Yes injuries cost him some but overall, he has been successful. He's been a lot of fun to watch too.

ryu79 and Azucarero repped this.
  24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is revered by Atalanta fans too. Those CL qualifications are mythical for a team this size. He should be very proud and he's earned very well, even if not at Prem dollars.

Of our recent stars, he is one of the few that became more than I anticipated and constantly improved his game every year refining skill vs. others that have flashed early and faded.

lvbeto repped this.
  25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Duvan has had a better career and reached a higher level then almost all of our recent players, the national team is meh he didn't do amazing with some chances but we have had coaches choosing an immobile Falcao and Borja over him for reasons I can't really understand.

For his whole time with the national team since he was in the mix to start we have been a complete disaster offensively and no 9's have flourished, its a damn shame really, but his club career has been amazing for a late bloomer.

Furnaccio and lvbeto repped this.