News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Danjuma Groeneveld completed his transfer to Bournemouth. A good move. I think EPL will help him step up his game & get a more important role with Oranje. He will also join Nathan Ake.

2. Not a recommendation in my book:rolleyes:
    How so? Does Bournemouth have the midfield and attacking players to play a style that is similar to the Orange team?
    Or does Danjuma have to recalibrate his play to fit in with the Orange style when with national team duty?

3. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, but neither did Club Brugge. I was referring mainly to playing in the EPL, which has a higher tempo, tighter spaces and overall better defenders than Jupiler League. This will sure help Danjuma step-up his game.

How do you rate this move?

4. Not positive, not negative.
    The epl in terms of competitiveness is far better than the Jupiler obvious. The bad thing about it is that apart from the clubs being managed by foreign coaches, the rest in fact is still playing a glorified hoof it kind of play style.
    Bournemouth sort of is an in between of it.
    You're right he has to be faster in pace and decision making to penetrate the epl defenses when one talks about the top 6-8 teams. So it will show if he's capable of that gear switch. However those are also the matches he's on his own, given the need for the midfielders to assist the defense. Those matches probably arenot going to make him better in combination football against strong defenders.

5. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Donny vd Beek seems to be on his way to Madrid. A big blow for Ajax as it was not really expected or prepared for. :oops::notworthy:
    I am not also sure if this is a good move for Donny, or if he is gonna earn a starting spot with Kroos, Modric & Casimiro.

6. Nope, Ajax have plenty of options on the midfield now.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #6132 Orange14, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Assuming nobody else leaves here are the candidates for #10: Neres, Ziyech, Tadic, Mazraoui, Ekkelenkamp, de Wit, and Lang. I hope Ajax soak the Madridistas for at least €60M!!!

EDIT: Marin could also be a possibility with Alvarez playing as a DM. Ajax have lots of options but until the transfer contract is agreed to, van de Beek is still an Ajax player. We will see tomorrow if he is in the starting lineup.

8. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    The KNVB not reaching out to Dest yet is very concerning

9. ???? He has yet to prove everything.
    Plus he has been so much social mediating his dedication to the USA a u-turn would be a major loss of face towards his father. We've plenty of options anyway in the pipeline.

10. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @feyenoordsoccerfan @Orange14 I agree there are many players who can fill Donny's position but are they as good & smart as him in positioning and movement without the ball?
    I do believe Donny's role last year was so underrated during Ajax campaign to the CL's semifinals. He also gained a lot of experience with Ajax last season.

I think, however, Ten Hag will end up playing with Promes, Ziyech, Neres & Tadic upfront this season in case Donny goes to Madrid.

11. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @venema20

I think Koeman knows what he should do. Dest has a much higher potential than Dumfries in my opinion.

I do however agree with @feyenoordsoccerfan, he still has a lot to prove, especially on higher levels.

12. Before he is being considered it's two, most probably three years later. This season we only have qualifiers, so no chance .

13. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Meanwhile, as we speak about Dest, Jetro Willems moves on loan to New Castle utd.
    Willems was always extremely skilled with the ball, Probably even more skilled than Dest, but his career was ruined because he was so mediocre in defensive duties. He was actually a starter for Oranje in EC 2012.

14. You're talking about Dest, but you better watch Hoever. He's going to be a huge surprise at 17 at Liverpool.

gabrielguilarte and Oranje98 repped this.
  15. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Dutch need all the help at left and right back as they can get. They should be reaching out to these kids and showing interest at an early age. They have lost Ziyech, Mazaroui, Kokcu, etc.

Dest looks extremely promising. I do love Hoever as well but longterm a back of Dest - Van Dijk - De Ligt - Hoever could be very good.

The options right now are bleak

Oranje98 repped this.
  16. In what way? A couple of pre season prep matches and we're going to blow our fuses? He wasnot worth while to be on the Uxx lists for the Orange team except for one time on the stand by list of the U15. So not even worth while for the 23 list.
    Not wanted for the U16 team, so he accepted the U16 invitation of the States.
    Let's not copy the hype express of the Yanks and make lofty predictions like that back line you present while he literally hasnot shown anything yet. Just in case you havenot noticed, he played in Jong Ajax last season and had some embarrasing matches like the 2-6 trasing by SC Cambuur at de Toekomst.
    So let's cut the crap and focus on real data.

17. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    We really need to keep an eye on Boadu. The kid continue to impress and if he is injury free he can easily have a 20 goals season. Plus his association is pretty damm good. He is fast enough and knows how to put a ball at the back of the net despite being only 18. Future Netherlands striker let’s hope. I want Koeman to start introducing him ASAP on the lineup. Depay just not good enough. The same with Stengs, him and Boadu can be top class for the future Euro.

Oranje98 repped this.
  18. I hope the two of them stay together as long as possible, but at least two seasons to get amalgated as the front line of the 9 near) future of the Orange squad.
    Koeman has a golden dick as he's being served a highly talented range of players in all lines of the team.

gabrielguilarte and Oranje98 repped this.
  19. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Groeneveld Boadu and Stengs can be devastating. Super fast players that only need clean service from Frenkie . I really wish we can have a propper DM so we can free Frenkie’s magic. Can it be Wouter Berger?

Oranje98 repped this.
  20. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I really liked what I have seen from Wouter Burger so far, but he seems to be more suited for the box to box role, I have some hopes for Ludoveit Reis to take the No. 6 position.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  21. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #6146 Oranje98, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Our big man VVD has been dribbled today for the first time since more than 500 days by Gabriel Jesus. He had a good game though and gave an assist for Liverpool's equalizer against Man City.
    Gini on the other hand was pretty much out of his form and missed his PK.

22. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are some rumors about a possible move for Nathan Ake to Man City for around 40 million pounds. If he can get a starting position, the competition for a starting position in Oranje will get really tough with de Vrij also having a great time under Conte.

Damn. If only we had one of these guys in 2010 :( !

23. :D
    Those Ake rumours and the amount you mention are very old news from at least half a year ago. I commented then on that Pep could just add 30 million and fetch de Ligt, who's also much younger.

24. You forget Mitchel van Bergen, who exploded today.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  25. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah you're right. There was an interest from Man city last season, but City seems to show some interest again.

https://talksport.com/football/582166/manchester-city-guardiola-isco-ake-transfer/