News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demmit. Missed it.:(
    However I see I trained you well to perform my task of clobbing him when I'm absent:):D:p

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would like to see him in a better team with better players in front of him before jumping to conclusion. Also from the horses mouth, eddie howe has said this so many times that Ake is one of the most consistent player in the team. I dont know whom to believe here. Yes a lot goal scored against them has featured Ake being involved in it but I think you have to look at overall picture here and see where it all started from.

I also think in NT he has done very well till thus far. More could be revealed if he gets more minutes or plays more with van dijk.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bruma scored yesterday against Bayern, except it went into his own goal :ROFLMAO:

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    was a unfortunate though , desperate attempt which either way would have being a goal even without his intervention. he was good aerially though. hit the wood work once. I dont think he is a bad defender. he just needs to cut on his silly mistakes which has cost him a place in NT. Janmaat too was in the same boat.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does Toornstra deserve to get a call up?

6. For a place in the Orange squad a player has to be consistent in his play. Toornstra when he plays the best he's capable of no doubt an Orange man, but you never know when he's awol and goes to the worst possible. To be an Orange man you're not allowed to go under the good to sufficient level in 90% of the time.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Netherlands U21 international Richairo Zivkovic will leave KV Oostende for Chinese second division side Changchun Yatai.

Interesting move. Best of luck, Probably the last time we hear about this (former) wonderkid...

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Perhaps this makes him the Freddy Adu award winner for this season!!!

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I remember when Robinho came up the press compared him to Pele.....LOL :ROFLMAO:

10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    guys what do you think of Tjaronn chery. should he be given a chance.it is really unfortunate and shame this guy was overlooked by Danny blind. he has now played in in 4 different leagues including eredivisie and has been consistently being at the fore front with goals and assists, even to date in Turkish league. NT needs an all rounded attacking midfielder and until such time somebody really stakes a claim I think he should get the nod. wijnaldum is not consistent at NT level comapred to liverpool outings and VD Beek ,im not sure if he is any better than klaassen or maybe slightly an upgrade.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I followed Chery during his Groningen times and he definitely deserved a call-up, he has always been overlooked, like also Toornstra.
    Now he is 30 y.o. and seems too late to bet on him for the nt;
    i whish Til to be able to take the attacking midfielder job by 2022.

wilson00 repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orange14 repped this.
  14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Oussama Idrissi chooses Morocco over Netherlands for his international career. He won't be a loss for KNVB as the depth in wing position is encouragingly strong with the likes of Bergwijn, Danjuma, Dilrosun, Stengs, J. Kluivert already featured in Oranje senior, plus the U21 pipeline with Malen, Gakpo and Chong leading the pack. The one that I think Netherlands need to watch is Mo Ihatarren. He is a can't miss talent and an a creative, attacking-minded midfielder is an area of need.

15. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    He has 3.5 successful dribbles per game. It is a miss. Sad that all those people born in this country turn out to be traitors, and turn their back towards Holland.

16. Gabriel Guilarte

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 28, 2018
    Watching Feye vs PSV. We cannot lose ihattaren. The kid is the real deal. The way he moves and find spaces is not common for a 17 years old. That being said, I like Gakpo. He is so tall but agile too. Ball handling is great and he also delivers nice crosses. I like him

wilson00 repped this.
  17. Vermeer has now shown the last matches he's still one of the best goalies we have.
    [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]
    Érick Gutiérrez © BSR Agency
    Van Bommel verkiest Ihattaren als invaller boven Gutiérrez: ‘Beste voor het elftal’
    Dat deed hij goed, zonder dat het PSV overigens baatte. De Eindhovenaren speelden met 1-1 gelijk en verloren opnieuw twee punten van hun voorsprong op Ajax.

,,In deze wedstrijd kozen wij voor Mohammed zegt Van Bommel”, er kort over. ,,Wij kunnen een goede keuze maken omdat iedereen het niveau op de training omhoog stuwt. We kiezen wat het beste is voor het elftal.” In de afgelopen vijf duels kwam Gutiérrez maar eenmaal als invaller in actie. Van Bommel houdt vast aan zijn blok op het middenveld en daar past de Mexicaan op dit moment niet in.

‘Guti’ had in de eerste wedstrijd na de winterstop nog een basisplaats bij PSV. In Emmen werd hij bij een 0-1 stand na 70 minuten gewisseld. Sindsdien kwam hij nog tien minuten in actie tegen Fortuna Sittard.

Voor miljoenenaankoop Érick Gutiérrez lijkt het perspectief bij PSV op dit moment beperkt. Hij is de afgelopen duels voorbijgestreefd door de net 17-jarige Mohammed Ihattaren, die ook tegen Feyenoord in het elftal kwam.

Rik Elfrink 24-02-19, 17:48 Laatste update: 18:21

Gabriel Guilarte repped this.
  19. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I also think it is a miss, he has not only 3.5 successful dribbles per game but also a good shot, i still remember that corner vs Heerenveen aimed directly for the goal.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The last three Dutch-Moroccan players featured in Senior Oranje in past 10 years were hugely disappointing... Anwar El-Ghazi, Adam Maher and Otman Bakkal. These kids were quite promising at first, somehow just couldn't elevate their game to the next level. I don't know if this is an attitude issue, a mental block in their heads, or just a mix of unfortunate circumstances (injuries, transfers, etc.) I wonder if and how this is playing out in the minds of future generation of Dutch-Moroccan players like Idrissi, Ihatarren, etc.

The fact remains that there hasn't been a single "miss" (those who chose Morocco route vs. Oranje), that I would take back. Maybe Idrissi would be the first one, time will tell, I suppose.

21. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Not even Ziyech a miss?

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who would he replace on the current roster?

23. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    De Roon. Babel or whoever plays on the right wing.

24. ?? That would be stupid. He's the one that makes Wijnaldum play to his capacity like in Liverpool. We've seen Wijnaldum perform sub par before de Roon came in.

Orange14 and BaritoPutra repped this.