News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Most definitely. with Janmaat as backup

2. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Don't forget Brenet. He improves game after game.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Remember there is only one more qualifying match this year: Luxembourg in November and then off until March. If the Dutch cannot win that one convincingly they don't deserve to qualify.

4. St Juste of Heerenveen.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think St Juste should be tested at DM. Last season he played DM in most of the games for Heerenveen. It suits his built plus he also is quiet fast and mobile.

With De Vrij injured now. The attention should be shifted to Hoedt who will most probably get more games in his absence at Lazio. Had a good game vs Torino but could do very little as both settled for a point.

Bruma and Wolfsburg are kind of in a big delimma after wining 1,3draws and 4 losses and are sitting third from bottom. Was also red carded over the weekend. Well jus kind blame him for all that but it looks like he hasn't settled down well at all at Wolfsburg.

Daley Blind could be another option but after watching the Chelsea game daddy should think twice whether to start him there vs Belgium or not.

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ruud vormer scored the winner for club brugge vs Anderlecht and surprisingly he was deployed on the wings.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wijnaldum and Janssen both starting in the EPL cup match from Anfield. I'm most anxious to see Spurs central defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, and 18 year old American!!!!

8. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    [​IMG]
    Nieuwe kritiek voor Janssen: ‘Daardoor zal hij niet veel scoren op dit niveau'
    Woensdag, 26 oktober 2016 om 09:10
    image: http://static.voetbalzone.nl/images/photos/ori_280_210/cp_160351043514835.jpg

[​IMG]
    Hoewel Tottenham Hotspur dinsdagavond onderuit ging in de vierde ronde van de EFL Cup tegen Liverpool (2-1), was er voor Vincent Janssen een persoonlijk succes. De Nederlandse spits scoorde namelijk weer eens. Manager Mauro Pochettino was na afloop lovend over Janssen, terwijl Graeme Souness andere gedachten heeft over de aanvaller.

Bij een 2-0 achterstand op Anfield tekende Janssen vanaf elf meter voor de aansluitingstreffer. Het was pas het tweede doelpunt van de aankoop van 22 miljoen euro. In de Premier League scoorde hij nog niet. Souness denkt niet dat Janssen goed genoeg is voor de Engelse topcompetitie. "Het is een harde wereld. Hij heeft niet de scherpte die hem aan doelpunten gaat helpen", zegt de oud-trainer van onder meer Newcastle United en Benfica tegenover Sky Sports. "Je moet snel kunnen denken en dat vanuit je hoofd kunnen overbrengen naar je voeten. Ik denk niet dat hij daarin snel genoeg is. Zijn voeten zijn niet snel genoeg, daardoor zal hij niet veel scoren op dit niveau."

Oud-international Jamie Redkapp was gematigd tevreden over het spel van Janssen. "De strafschop die hij maakt zal hem goed doen. Het is een penalty, maar dat maakt niet uit. Hij heeft dat doelpunt nodig, nu moet hij een goal gaan maken in de Premier League. Maar als hij succes wil worden, dan moet hij meer laten zien dan vanavond."

image: http://static.voetbalzone.nl/images/photos/ori_280_210/cp_14935145352335.jpg

[​IMG]
    Manager Pochettino was zoals wel vaker dit seizoen zeer te spreken over het spel van de Nederlands international. "Hij was vandaag fantastisch. Hij speelde erg goed, gooide alles in de strijd en scoorde. We zijn erg blij met hem", aldus de Argentijnse trainer op de clubsite. "Hij is pas 22 en heeft tijd nodig, maar een ding is duidelijk: hij werkt hard, is altijd betrokken in het veld en de toewijding die hij toont in elke wedstrijd en op elke training is fantastisch."

Lees meer op www.voetbalzone.nl

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the match and Janssen had ZERO help up front. Club started a lot of young players and really missed creativity in the MF. Janssen worked hard all match long and when he took the PK, it was all coolness and he buried it.

10. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Would you agree with me if I say Karsdorp is the only eredivisie player that seems to be ready for a big club now ?

I've just watched the game against France again, and he was tremendous, by far our best player that night. He might not be the best defender but he largely compensates with his athletic qualities and contribution upfront.

I would say Dortmund suits him the most but they already have a good RB...

11. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Do not you think that his speed and explosiveness are what we lack in midfield? I see him play well in the role of second defensive midfielder alongside a controller. Against Ajax, I noticed that he has good vision.

12. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's going to be fun Karsdorp vs Tete in the coming years, at least they have different profiles that will suit us against different opponents. Anyway I think we have the RB covered for years to come.
    Now lets find the rest of the team lol.

13. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I don't think so cause his ball control isn't really good...A penetrating midfielder should have a good close ball control.

14. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Goal and 2 assists for Robben v Augsburg so far..

Blind is playing his second game in a row at RCB, with Rojo his partner. So strange.

Watching Janssen v Leicester instead, he is certainly a handful for CBs and holds up the ball well with his back to defenders. Nice work to earn a penalty which he finally just scored his first in the PL.

Also looks like Promes is over his injury, back in starting lineup for Spartak

15. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Robben with a 9.8 Whoscored rating, 1 goals & 2 assists & could have had a few more assists. Terrific game & absolutely MOM!

16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about Diks? Would interesting when he starts getting more games.

gabriel_guilarte repped this.
  17. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A foot injury keeps Stekelenburg out of Everton's match today, also Sneijder was left out of Galatasarays match yesterday because of a problem as well..

18. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Look at Willems face guys
    [​IMG]

19. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Strange, Castaignos starting for Sporting v Dortmund today with Dost on the bench. I guess Dost has not scored for 4 games.. Zeegelaar playing as well.

Janssen on the bench for Spurs..:/

20. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Denswil, van Rhijn and Vormer play for Brugge as well, at home to Porto and desperate for points.

21. Chubby Checkers:p

22. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #4547 Sybe Pals, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Castaignos was pretty poor, got a really bad yellow for a pointless late follow through on a CB who passed the ball away. Also do not appreciate his attitude, sulking and shrugging when he doesn't get a certain pass.
    Subbed for Dost at half. Noticeable improvement in link up plays, lively Dost held the ball well and is becoming pretty decent with his back to the goal, although unable to match Dortmunds first half goal - Sporting lose 0-1.
    I thought Zeegelaar was good too, very much an attacking LB but pretty solid defensively.
    Pretty much no chance of making the next round, but look good for the Europa league KOs.

Saw most of Brugge at Porto as well, also losing 0-1. Alright match since Brugge were desperate. Vormer seems pretty decent, not very quick but an intelligent CM, nice passer, although hard to tell completely on such a poor team. Was def their best player. Has been scoring and getting assists lately as well, so good league form for whatever that's worth. van Rhijn and Denswil seemed pretty average. van Rhijn especially, guilty of a really embarrassing cross field pass that went straight out of bounds, hah poor guy.
    Likely and rightly will not even make the Europa spot.

23. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Castaignos as Dost are two mediocre players. If the national team was still what it was a few years ago, we did not evoke their names here. I remember during my childhood I regularly watching a sports broadcast on French television called "L'Equipe du Dimanche". Every weekend, we saw Bergkamp, Kluivert, Makaay, Van Nistelrooy, Overmars, Michael Mols (Rangers) and even Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. All these guys were shining at the highest level. Today we even have trouble producing a pure center-forward of Hasselbaink's caliber, who was the worst of the band. Luuk De Jong, Dost, Castaignos, hurt my eyes. They are symbols of the current state of our football. It is time that a new generation of strikers emerges.

To be honest, I had high hopes for Castaignos, when he was young and he was playing in the national team with Ozyakup. But he regressed a lot over the years

24. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While I agree with you, Luuk de Jong and Dost seem definitely a big step up on Castaignos.. hard to believe he has only just turned 24!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dunno about a big step up, but definitely a step up