Dutch fed up with US media vilifying Aruba

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by johan neeskens, Jun 28, 2005.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So an American girl goes missing on Aruba, and Fox media et al, true to form, make it seem like the island is some class of banana republic with no legal system to speak of. I mean, it's not like American girls ever go missing in the US, is it. Them Evil Arubans!

Anyway. The government of Aruba has asked the Dutch for help, and the Dutch mainland justice department are going to remind American government and media of the fact that Aruba is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, a country whose justice system is older than the US of A entire. Just thought you'd like to know.

2. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find. That takes too long. I mean most high schoolers aren't by themselves at two in the morning. What will look worse for Arube. The suspects turn out to be truly innocent but I believe. They are guilty. There was a show with samething. Although plot was in Miami, Flordia. CSI: Maimi to be exact. A prominent senator killed girl and son tries to sex her. The son's college roommate brought the girl. She was fiancee'. This is not a situation to be cowardly. If they truely are guilty, confession would win alot on both sides.

3. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Does it console you at all to know that I, for one, could not care any less about Holland, its legal system, Aruba, or some rich white broad from Alabama getting lost?

4. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    Sometimes I think the Dutch should never have ended the real money making business that they started before tourism, and that was slavery they are so good at it. Just thought you would like to know, but then you already knew that fact.

Oh, how can we forget the thrieving window shopping for whores business. That must bring the Dutch a ton of money also we can't forget the ectasey buisness that the Dutch thrieve on. Where kids use it to get high then get heart attacks. The Dutch are great people we should all look to be like them. Some people might think they are animals but not me. I just think they love free enterprise.

5. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you ragging Fox News? And as far as Aruba is concerned, this case might bring some coherent legal reform to Aruba, which seems long overdue, based on the moronic Keystone Cop escapades so far in this case... even one of the local prosecutors admitted that police had bungled the investigation!

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the legal system allows authorities to hold suspects for some time without formal charges...such as at an arraignment under U.S. procedures.....I'm surprised Fox News would bash it. I would think they would be all for it.

Also, johan, you really need to stop (not saying you always do this) getting your impressions of Americans from Fox News.....it would be like me getting my impressions of the Dutch by hanging out in Amsterdam's red light district. Honestly, most people I know think this is a tragedy but do not think that Aruba is unsafe or backwards legally.

7. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    Almost forgot love the way the Dutch have been attacking the Moslems for some months now it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun.

8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You're being too kind to Amsterdam's red light district.

9. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Many should heed this advice.

10. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes there are no whores in the USA.

Ah, some phvcker read something about ecstacy. Too bad he and the person who wrote it don't know sh!t about it.

So just shut it idiot.

11. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Who the hell cares about this slute?

12. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are Ho's...

~worm~

13. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Don't call her a slute just because she tried to play the flute!

14. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt the Beach Boys have a song about Aruba?

~worm~

15. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah and Tobago and several others pretty mamma.

16. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that song nearly caused Brian Wilson to have another breakdown.

17. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah..I think he was still crashed out in his bed during that time....
    :rolleyes:

~worm~

18. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I haven't got a clue. I like Dick Dale better.

19. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Think of it this way.

Thousands of americans are learning things they never knew before.

1) Aruba is a nice island in the caribbean

2) Aruba has the same laws as Holland/Amsterdam.

Once people put 2+2 together and realize that instead of going to cold, lousy food amsterdam - they can sit on a sunny beach, do loads of drugs, and screw prostitutes legally....well, Aruba's tourist industry will be overwhelmed.

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Gosh, because we really give a flying ********. Oh, wait, no we don't. But its interesting the things you need to say to make yourself feel better about being Dutch. Whatever floats your boat.

21. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There's nothing wrong with Amsterdams' red light district, it propably is one of the most harmless ones in the world (and full of tourists)

22. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    True, although the surrounding area is a bit less 'safe'.

BTW Aruba, grade A coke for 10 euros. You don't get that in A'dam ;)

23. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Actually, the coverage of the Aruba legal system has been pretty even handed and dealt mainly with the differences between the Dutch and American systems. What's wrong with that? Most of the criticism has been directed toward the investigation itself, and rightfully so.

24. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The recently opened Hello Kitty store in Aruba has experienced brisk sales.

25. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    :D