Dundee United 2007/2008 season thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Borussia, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance that they will be able to strengthen the squad? Or will any new additions be in the form of diamonds in the rough from the lowery division. I can't remember his name, but who was the young loan player that did really well? I wonder if they can get him.

2. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There not going to get much, and even if they do find a diamond in the rough that diamond will either be gobled up by the old firm or playing his trade in the Chamiponship in Febuary. Such is the life in the SPL outside the Old Firm.

3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    well Utd have grabbed Scott Robertson from Dundee. he's a 23yr old midfielder.

he joined them on a Bosman.

so you get a good young player and also get to annoy your local rivals. it's all good. ;)

4. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Hello any and all Dundee United fans, hopefully this is an okay place to put this post.

Let me introduce myself. I'm an American from Salt Lake City, Utah, and I'm a huge fan of RSL (the local MLS team), and the US National Team, for obvious reasons. I'm also a huge fan of AS Roma and Italy because I lived in Rome for quite a while and have a degree in Italian.

Here's what this has to do with Dundee United. I have some ancestors that came from near Dundee, so I have always sort of casually followed the results of Dundee United, being proud of my Scottish blood. But now I've decided that there isn't enough soccer (football, sorry) in my life.

So here are my questions:

1. Do Dundee United fans look on us American ancestor-worshipping proxy distance fans as posers, or is it cool if I call myself a Dundee United fan?

2. Where is the best place to catch Dundee United matches? Online, on tv, sopcast, etc?

3. Does the structure of the SPL (2 biggies plus everyone else) make it difficult to follow the club?

4. Got any more info or anything else you want to add (including a "piss off yankee" if you like)?

5. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    they will be on setanta at bars when playing the OF. unfortunately you wont win because those matches are fixed.:D

they show some scottish cup games on sky sports in the uk, and although you wont be able to get them on any tv over here, you could get a feed from sopcast, or any other online thing like that.;)

if united were to get into the later stages of the cis cup or scottish cup, you may be able to get those games on setanta as well. whether at home or at a bar, i think it all depends. depending on the schedule, united could make it on setanta for an spl game not involving the OF, but thats rare.

think the club have a "tv" service from their website where they show highlights from games too.:)

6. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i'm not a Dundee Utd fan but i can't see that there would be any complaints.

much like Alex said. last season Utd made it to the League cup final and were extremely unlucky to lose it. if you'd been watching them then you'd have been able to catch at least the semi and the final i reckon.

yep. Setanta show either Celtic or Rangers away game every weekend(they play alternating weeks away from home) 95% of the time. you will be able to see both home games against both clubs.

you should check out the official website - http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/

and also you'll see a thread here that Alex made regarding summer transfers with some info on Utd transfers on that.

and, welcome to the Scottish forums.

(try and make sure you hate up on Celtic and Rangers as much as possible as well. it carries favour with the other posters :D)

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.protagonistsoccer.com/coverage-blog/NVUFCDUNDEE

NVUFC and Dundee United Ink Partnership
    Today, Northern Virginia United FC, who play in both the NPSL and UPSL, announced a new partnership with Scottish Premiership club Dundee United FC. The impacts of the agreement could prove massive for the Virginia-based club as both “clubs will share development, operational and talent ID processes.”
    As part of the agreement, NVUFC will rebrand to align with the Dundee crest.

YankHibee repped this.