DT de Ecuador

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 14, 2006.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: NT Coach....

those that know ecuafutbol all agree this is a bad move...if it happens

he is pretty much a step backwards in our progress

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yeah, I mean, like what the hell did he learn while coaching Guatemala that would benefit Ecuador??? :rolleyes:

3. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005

stepback? we took a step back when suares became the coach if anything it would be back to the point were we going up

4. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Guys, I mean I really Don't think Bolillo is a bad coach, He helped us improve A LOT and he is a master when it comes to getting players motivated for big games, those of you that are worried that He'll call Kleber Chala, Obregon, Ordones, TRUST ME HE WON'T. Besides when he was our coach we actually BEAT Venezuela, played awesome games against Brazil and Paraguay[although we lost] I know we all wish for Pasarella, La Volpe, but Let's be real, those guys Won't come and coach us, and Chiriboga already said that FEF cant even come close to pay Fossatti what he is making in Quattar or wherever he is at. Maybe Bolillo did bad at Guatemala but damn, he aint no miracle worker. oh and one last thing no matter what coach we get WE WILL NOT BEAT ARGENTINA. but I really think that we can beat Colombia and Bolivia afterwards, Bolillo did something awesome with Ecuador last time he coached us and if you ask me we have a better squad now. I dont see anything unrational if this decion is made.

6. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Good point, Guatemala is a completely different team to work with than Ecuador (no offense to Guatemala). He would have a better group of players to work with. I still hope, however, that Vizuete can turn out to be a good coach. And although irrational, Aguinaga as coach would be nostalgic. Idk. is he a step backwards? eh, idk. So I guess he's def gonna get hired by the FEF?

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

why is the budget so low for a coach?! I'll answer simply by saying Chiriboga is making way too much money along with the rest of dirigentes

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

No, no It's not official but tonight in futbol uno, Fabian Gallardo clearly stated that he is the number one option for fef. personally i would love to have vizuete but he is made it clear that he does not want it....yet.

9. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I Also dont understand why money is so low..I dont like this Gomez move..what is it 2001??????

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

can someone ban this kid ???

damn why does chiriboga stay with the old?? wtf. Hopefully Bolillo can outdo himself in Ecuador better than before.. he has waaaay better talent to work with if he ends up with fef. He couldn't do shiet with guatemala cus they just simply can't play ball. He better not disappoint. I am giving Bolillo credit because of his history with fef and his love for the NT and the country and it looks like he's coming back.

P.S. Looks like "papi colombia" loves Ecuador... look at the video.. kinda embarrassing to do to your own country, but Bolillo did it! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77PjtbEKSE

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Rescue Ecuador from what exactly?

Ecuador has had their worst stats in recent history because of Luis Suarez...I can't remember where he was from, hmmmm, oh yeah - he's Colombian. :rolleyes:

12. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

I totally disagree with this Bolillo move.I already said before that the presi corrupto de la federacion has to go.Thank him for the 2 world cups under his belt and give him the boot.We need new blood,,new ideas.The talent is there we just need a new presi and coach who are willing to call up ballers for their talent and not thru "el padrinismo" that exist in the country.I think Vizuete will some day be the coach,but at this time he is not the man for the job.Even Alex Aguinaga to me is not ready to take the NT.

13. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cri, staying on topic here for a moment, out of curiosity who are considered the best Ecuadorian DT in Ecuador's history at club level? Guys that are still relatively viable to coach the NT. Are they all foreigners?

Also, wouldnt the Peruvian Oblitas be an excellent candidate? I hear some of you mention Passarella but he's as 'good' as Maturana IMO. He won '0' with River in the last 3 years, won '0' with Uruguay as their NT coach. I think his last triumph was with Monterrey (MEX) back in 2000. So be careful what you wish for.

Would these top 4 (not including Bolillo) be excellent candidates?

* Oblitas
    * Pekerman
    * Gallego
    * Gustavo Alfaro

It's interesting the way people see Bolillo. I can understand why some Ecuas would think he's a step back. I for one, wouldnt want him back with Ecuador ONLY because I actually feel he knows how to beat direct opponents like Colombia + Uruguay + Chile.

Also, I know Bolillo quit after that disastrous Copa America in Peru. But wasnt the team performing in qualifiers? Is he liked by the 'legendary' players?

And would you be willing to give up a berth to the SA WC in 2010 for a renewing 'process' with a less experienced DT, like Vizuete? I'm not saying Vizuete can't do it, but are you ready to hand him one of the toughest job in Ecuador, have him possibly fail in his attempt to qualify Ecuador AND STILL support him for the next qualifier?

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

ESPN radio - manuel Kun reporta que antes de final de semana lo presentan como nuevo DT.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

My friend, I see all the positives that have come with Maturana, Bolillo and also Suarez prior to 2006...but when someone comes to this forum to say that a Colombian needs to recue el Futbol Ecuatoriano, then I get a little disturbed seeing as Ecuadorian football is now in the crapper because of what another Colombian (Suarez) has done to Ecuador over the last year and a half too.

I also don't see Vizuete ready to take over the NT just yet...but I don't know enough on this to commment. What I do know, is that Ecuador need a coach today, temporary or not.

Truth is, I'm not sure who the best coach would be...and my reasons for not wanting Gomez is because I would like to see new ideas coming to Ecuadorian Football. I am sure he has a great advantage having worked with the NT before and knowing the mentality, we'll see!

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The 'Colombian factor' has been key for taking Ecuador to the world's most prestigious stage 2x. They deserve the credit just like they deserve teh bad press. Leaving all 'patriotism' aside it's worked for Ecuador 2x. So the question is, 1) total revamp and start building from scratch --at which point what Ecuadorian DT is truly prepared to do so? or 2) Does Ecuador hire a quick fix-it guy. If #2 is your answer, I can see why Bolillo makes sense for so many. If #1) is the answer, then stop looking for the DT outside of Ecuador. No 'outsider' with true potential to revamp Ecuador from youth to senior level,(the Pekerman's of the world), is truly going to commit to 4-8 year process in Ecuador. I think that's why the Colombian DT have worked. Because these DT do feel comfortable in Ecuador for a number of reasons. They understand their football much better then a Passarella type who will lose his patience in no time.

In addition, ALL the blame should really go to the top. Colombian or not, it's the FEF that makes the call as to who stays and who goes. It's the federation that keeps on making the same decisions. It's like in any company, if I was making big dollars and failing at my job, it's the company's responsibility to fire me, is it not? If anything, it was both Colombian DTs, that eventually did the right thing to leave. If it would've been left to the FEF they still would have kept their cozy jobs.

Last but not least, I know some folks don't care for Bernal. I don't know what it is about this DT but the guy wins at every club he coaches. He's honest and also has an amazing eye for talent and knows how to exploit that talent. But he is Colombian:rolleyes:.

17. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/cont...cca9-Ed63-4923-9c14-b3f53026a488&newsID=15432
    According to ecuagol El Bolillo is a heavy candidate to take the job,along with Bauzo actual coach de la Liga.
    While I have my doubts about Bolillo and dream about Fossati and Insua,I think we should get a coach ASAP.Last week was FIFA and while national teams were playing and experimenting we were having noches amarillentas all over the country.We have a delicious friendly against France and we need to leave a good impression.

18. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I'm surprised you are not extremely mad against Bolillo coming back. I thought you would be the first to oppose this. If he comes back, This is just going to suck even more. I can't this. I mention Vizuete, most of you keep saying the obvious; that Vizuete lacks experience.

Yet, he did bring our youth to the Pan-American Champs. WE beat Brazil in Brazil. Vizuete jumps on against Peru. We Beat a Peru 5-1 that tied with Brazil. Brazil beat us 5-1.:confused:

yet, the majority of you don't want to give Vizuete props. Ok so it was one game. Why not give him a shot a a friendly. I don't get. what's the deal.

I can't believe you called Peru Weak.

Why are we not demanding Vizuete to lead us. What choices do we have? Seriously , think about that question. Are all of you content with Bolillo's return?

Would you rather have Bolillo over Vizuete?
    :confused:

Desperate times need desperate measures.

This

Is
    Phuking
    Ridiculous.

I don't get it.

I going to look for a fork then I will stab myself in the eye.:eek:

I don't get. The math here does not add up.

19. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Like I said,I'm not to crazy about Bolillo's return,after all he does need to redeem himself after leaving thru the back door.I like Vizuete and there's no doubt in my mind that he will get his chance..but lets be serious the man is not ready for the job.I do give Vizuete crazy props,,he did a lot with the little resources and apoyo he got from la ecuafutbol.The victory over Peru I saw it coming no matter who was the coach.La tri had to win.Maybe if la federacion had test out Vizuete with more games instead of sitting on their azze's while everybody was playing exhibition games,than maybe he would have had reasons to convince me that he was the man for the job.(Dependiendo de los resultados)Vizuete is doing a wonderful job for ecuafutbol the man is not useless at all,he some what of a Draskovic,traveling all over the country looking for talent,,something a foreign coach will hardly do.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I am not upset if Bolillo comes back...I'll be furious.
    The only reason why FEF wants him back is because they're miserly with their money and they're lazy! Chiriboga needs to resign, everybody working under him needs to resign. We don't need bueraucrats anymore, we need innovators and visionaries who can make changes as of day 1 and not put band-aids on our problems. Honestly this boils down to the FEF having a lack of foresight and even worse, a conformity with the status quo instead of INVESTING in a good foreign coach with a good foreign staff that can harvest talent similarly to what Drascovic did many years back. I seriously pray that Bolillo does not come back because its just laziness plain and simple.

FUK CHIRIBOGA!

21. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right now, I can't say I'm thrilled about Bolillo coming back, but I'm not upset over it either. It's kinda like "what, are we going back to the past again??" feeling with me. I don't dislike Bolillo at all.. he is one of the best coaches the NT has had, and he is charismatic and the man loves the country like it were his own. When we beat Colombia for the 2002 WC he was wearing a yellow, blue, and red shirt that said Ecuador all over and he celebrated like a wild man in front of his own country's team.. he kinda even poked fun at them.. I mean this guy is a motivator not to mention that he knows our game well. What kind of coach gets shot at and still chooses to remain coaching in the country??? That's guts to me.

Now about having a brand new coach ... yes I would like that, but if Bolillo comes back which is like 95% probable, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand my fellow paisas about going back to Bolillo, but remember the good times we had with him... If he comes back he will know that he has to do the best job he can and work that motivational magic that even got the players to like him back in the day... He'll be pumped and set to do what he did for us a few years back.. Bolillo will have to show us he can still do it.. I'm sure he won't rest in his laurels cus he knows this is no weak talentless guatemala he's coaching.. he is gonna coach a team that when it wants to it can beat Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Poland.. !!!

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Good post - repped!

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

my feeling with bolillo is like someone trying to get back with an ex girlfriend after a semi awkward breakup leaving the 2 parties amicable but in a weird limbo....i'm more upset with the federacion for putting money as an excuse when our players are the best paid for the WCQ and the dirigentes are getting assloads of money...things just don't pan out correctly when you put those things into perspective.

i loved bolillo when he was with the nt, he clearly gave Ecuador something to be proud of and i'll be the first to say i rooted for him until the end. but after a string of disappointing losses his time was up and I thanked him for his services and the 2 parties parted ways and we looked forward to a new coach that also gave us some good memories, but then had a big string of losses so we let him go and now we're on the verge of a new horizon. Bolillo is not the worst move, its not even a bad move, but it will be a disappointing move for our long run future, I'd even say short run because someone like Fossatti or some other south american coaches can make the turn around real quick because they're system is just that strong

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Guys just to clear something, wether Vizuete is experienced or not, its really irrelevant because... HE DOES NOT WANT TO COACH THE NATIONAL TEAM!!! He's made it clear in numerous occassions. also if we had to choose over Bauza or Bolillo or god forbid Almeida, Honestly.. who would YOU pick?? Chiriboga has stated that the number 1 requirement is for the new coach to be very familiar with our futbol. That right there doesn't leave us with many options, so forget Passarella, Pekkerman[come on, not even in our best dreams] Gallego or my personal choice Carpeggianni. However I am not feeling negative about Bolillo at all, he will make us a competitive team once again and seeing how Paraguay, Colombia, Brazil and Argentina are playing I would say It's the best we can hope for.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Oh and one more thing, I don't know if you are aware but Bolillo wasn't cheap last time he was here, as a matter of fact after he got shot ecuafutbol gave him a raise to stay with us that made him the second best paid national team coach in south america.