Drive-By Truckers

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by iride_mybike, Nov 17, 2004.

1. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.drivebytruckers.com/

Anybody like these guys? Simply put they are like the holy bible of Rock & Roll. Triple guitar attack as well as 3 excellent songwriters/singers. Saw them last week @ Trees here in Dallas and they played for damn near 3 hrs. If you like your rock soaked in whiskey then check them out. Good stuff.

2. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    Yeah, I've been listening to them for a few years now. Great live show. They seem to come through Seattle about 2-3 times a year.

The last two albums have been spectacular.

3. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dirty South is easily the album of the year for me. Fantastic. I bought Southern Rock Opera the day after I saw em open for Govt Mule few years ago and have pretty much worn it out. Have seen them 5 or 6 times and they get better every show. Looking forward to seeing them again. Jason and Cooley just kick my ass every time.

4. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, I've been listening to them for about the last year or so. They are great. Would like to see 'em live someday.

And Dirty South is a frontrunner of album of the year for me too.

5. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    Dude. They were just here a month ago or so. Paul and I went to see them, and they rocked as always.

I've seen them a handful of times - pretty much every time they've come to town since I saw them the first time. They played on a double bill with Slobberbone, one of my all time favorite shows probably.

I've since bought all their albums as well. One of the things that really works for me, especially on record even moreso than live, is that their are 3 distinct voices and styles of songwriting, which makes for a good variety of cool songs. Probably helps cut down on the crap on each record as well, as there's more competition to get songs on there.

On a side note, I saw them on the Late Late Show (or whatever the CBS show after Letterman is called), and they really weren't very good on there. Their live show vibe didn't transfer to tv very well for some reason. So if you saw that and weren't impressed, but get a chance to see them live, you really should.