Draft pick from Vaca trade to be last or next to last in first round

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Jambon, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
  2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is provision for what happens if Metro does not have a 05 first on draft day. In this case FCD gets an additional pick(s?) the following season.

I don't know if Metro can just hold onto a 1st and kick in the clause, or if they "have" to make the trade if they have one.

They could trade away the 1st now and that way not have one on draft day... say in the expansion draft or something like that.

I am not sure anyone would chose to give up more picks in the future for one now... but I suppose they could. It would depend on how much help they think they need now I suppose.

Bottom line is these trade conditionals execute on draft day and not before.

3. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas
    I could see a scenario where NY would want to hold onto the pick this year as they have some holes to fill, especially if they have 3 players taken in the expansion draft. But as the pick will be an 11th or 12th, then I would bet they give it up, as it's hard to find a "sure thing" that late in the 1st round.

Here's hoping they hold onto it as the odds are the pick won't be as bad in '06.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not get too ahead of the game on this one, as I don't if they can chose to not give FCD a pick if they have it.

This offseason is going to be looney with expansion draft and all. Way to much will change before draft day.