Doug Peterson Interview...

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by PCFC, Jun 8, 2009.

1. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ???
    sorry, but you are sound like a RedBull fan now, telling us who to root for?
    check this out friend....if some of us abandon are inclination to support a team that is in the ACTUAL city....then why on earth would we go watch a USL-1 club at a college, when we can watch MLS at a SSS accross the river?
    It's so much easier to take the Path train to Harrison, than to somehow get out to Hofstra.. (LIRR? then shuttle bus?)...
    if Peterson isn't willing to make it happen in NYC itself...FCNY is doomed to fail.

Oh...and secondly.... our organization ( the Borough Boys) have regular contact with both Wilpon's organiztion, and MLS...in addition to actually sitting down with Wilpon for a meeting...
    so don't presume you know more about MLS in NYC than we do.

2. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen pal - first up - why are you pulling this shit today - telling us about how to support - where you at a US viewing at Demseys or Nevadas or where you on Big Soccer writing up how we should support a Club team! Today is not about FCNY because honestly - I dont give a ******** about them Today - Today is about what really matters first - the National Team!

But about FC - what really annoys us about FCNY - do you want to know what! A) HOFSTRA is a bad location - Doug Petersen himself has said it to us a number of times - but he also said "WE WANT TO BE IN QUEENS" - and now it seems Hofstra is the answer and hinting about Long Island in the Long Term - which is fine - perhaps with good marketing yes - you can do well but then take the Blue and White and the Queens Flag symbols out of your logo.

Honestly - Football Fans in NY are not dumb! You tell the World that you are bringing this team to Queens - but in reality - the people at Icahn never heard of ya - Helen Marshalls office never heard of ya - (These are Conversations we had)

Also - we as supporters offered help - we are the people of Queens and Brooklyn - with political contacts in the area. We offered to facilitate meetings (Meetings which we have gotten other people) - but we have been led to belive that everything is under control! OK - well ya know what - its been almost 3 months and NO WEBSITE - NO INTL TEAM ANNOUNEMENT - Things that were all promised to us! We are not whining - we are pssd - because we are passionate fans who want a team in the City - we want FC to work - we want FC in Queens - but feel like we are being lied to! Until Proven otherwise - thats how we will feel!

This is fair - but how are we supposed to believe you - we really dont know you. I can say I had a conversation with Barry Bonds and he addmitted using roids to me and play the whole - CONVERSATION card - you have to see our reservations bro! [/QUOTE]

3. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spoken for truth

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right on brother, althought I'm slightly more optimistic and more forgiving, but while I can understand Hofstra being a starting point, I don't wish it to be the ending point. If he is using Hofstra and meeting with Nassau officials as a bargaining point against the city to obtain a better deal then I'm all for it but if its the end all of FCNY then I hope that their marketing is on par to the task at hand.

Doug is a marketing guy, so I hope that he succeeds and football, soccer, futbol takes a major step forward in the NYC metro area.

As for taking a MAJOR STEP FORWARD. HOW ABOUT THE FCUKING NATS!! Nick, bro, I was screaming those goals like a mad man at work. It was amazing, I actually lost a customer because of it. lol lol FCUK HIM, if he doesn't realize where his bread is buttered then he can take a fcuking walk! lol

I'm happy that I was able to watch it live. It was history in the making. Finally the US, played up to its potential and with a style of their own. The USA should play like this all the time, win or lose.

Donovan probably has found his most useful position on the NT which he started playing. Jozy finally came thru with the goal that every one knew he had in him. Howard, again, just amazing under the posts. GOOCH? What can we say about Gooch? This guy was ROCK SOLID on D. A fcuking pillar on which you can build your D around. Davies? What did this guy have for breakfast? He looked like a soccer player. lol

This should be the starting XI all the time. This is the team we need to commit to memory as the National TEAM. Now we have to pull off the impossible and get the result against Brazil.

5. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Look kid, I don't know how many times you want to look foolish on these boards, but as an adult, let me give you a little advice. If you're looking for a job with FCNY, you're not doing yourself any favors by posting here. You are just alienating a potential fan base.

We have spoken with every relevant player in MLS2NYC personally. The Wilpons, the mayor's office, the local pols, and the MLS front office. We know exactly what is going on, and how it went down.

Now let me address your points...

1. Why on earth would you think that New Yorkers, and by that, NYC people would find any more connection with a USL team playing in a third rate college stadium that is inaccessible by public transport and has no connection to any neighborhood? How do you think that stacks up against Red Bull, a division 1 team in a state of the art stadium linked to public transport? Good luck with that.

2. Soccer fever will be at it's highest? Why don't you take a look at MLS attendance numbers while the World cup is happening. Attendance for pro soccer in the US goes down during world cups.

3. Furthermore, tell me, what effect did our very exciting quarter final finish in 2002 have on pro soccer leagues in our country? I'll let you do a little homework and answer that question for yourself.

4. You're right, a good marketing campaign can help promote attendance. What have you seen thus far that indicates to you that FCNY is capable of anything other than bad marketing. The Borough Boys, an organization of a bunch of guys with no money and no team and precious little talent googles better than FCNY. So far, it's been nothing but a total disaster.

5. Who's whining? We're pissed that we were obviously lied to. And we're pissed because the team pilfered the flag of Queens for its badge, which is dishonest. That's all. But you go ahead and get your application in for a job with your Long Island team and best of luck. I won't be there, and I suspect that I will be joined by millions of New York City soccer fans in my total disinterest in the team.

6. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too good not to be reposted

8. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Where's my rep b!tch?

9. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I think this kid is getting his ideas from Peterson or someone close to him. And I'm amazed that they think that launching a USL 1 team in Hempstead will catch fire because they will be playing games during the world cup. I was as hard core a Metrostars fan as anyone. But let me tell you, going to games while the unbelievable excitement of the WC was going on was tough. It was a let down.

10. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Take a BUS to the LIRR - then the LIRR to Hempstead - then Bus again to HOfstra to see FC - when Peterson in this interview that they will be on a budget with players

Take the Subway to the PAtH to Harrison to a new arena - Division 1 squad and possibly Henry! (Rumors from today)

This is why HOFSTRA will not work!

11. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry....it says i've already given you too much rep :D

12. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is there something you guys should tell us!?!?

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Alligator love.

14. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what happens in the swamps of Louisiana, stays in the swamps of louisiana.

15. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    So... y'all are just going to let this team die? Tell Peterson to come to Atlanta and talk to somebody about putting it in Cobb County, if you guys don't want it. Unless, of course, this guy's a con man, then never mind. :D

16. longislandsoccer

longislandsoccer New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You guys all bring up great and very much legitimate concerns.

I have nothing to say, because I am not allowed to say anything I know, and I am trying to hint to you guys that there's some really good shit coming in some big press releases very soon, without giving away much and getting in trouble. This news is GOING to make everyone happy.

But w/e
    take your frustrations out on me. I'm trying to help you guys without breaking any confidentiality agreements.

And I heard you guys met with big names all over the place, but I have also made major contacts with people and am in the know as well. I am not doing this for Doug Petersen or anyone, just here myself; I had this account before I knew him or of the team.

stop calling me a kid by the way...should I call you an old nerd for hanging on a discussion board all day long? no...don't belittle me, and I won't belittle you.

if the Red Bulls are easily accessible next year, then why would any of you support a usl 1 team in NYC anyway.
    -I am not telling you who to root for, I just figured you guys were here because you wanted to support THIS team vs the Red Bulls.

w/e I am done on these forums...good luck

17. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We want a NYC team - located in City Limits (Especially east of the River as thats the fan base probably most neglected) and representing the people of NY

I really hope you are right and these press releases make us happy - but again - we were told this on April 1st that in the next month we would be VERY HAPPY!

If this team keeps to its word - and they have games in the City and try to build a stadium in Queens - support wont be an issue!

18. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this team is a joke and i will never support it

19. goredbull

goredbull New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    who are the candidates for the head coach?

20. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

havent said yet

21. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd be surprised if they even thought about it...
    that's how disorganized this club is.

22. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I love how full of sh!t this kid is. Here's a post from June 9.

"When did I say I was going to work for this guy? I know a couple of kids who go to school with his children."

By June 27, he's signing and violating confidentiality agreements with Doug Peterson.

We're not taking our "frustration" out on you. You haven't earned enough respect for anyone to even want to take any frustration out on you. I am just pointing out how much crap you have come on here talking in your short history here. You've already changed your team allegiance once since June 9 from your supposed "beloved" Lazio. You've changed your story three times. But most of all, you're a kid who knows someone who knows Doug peterson, and you hoped that your outreach to us might help you land some sort of job. But all that's happened is that it's backfired.

"I have major contacts with people"... give me a break. Bye bye.

23. longislandsoccer

longislandsoccer New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yea there is absolutely no way some time between June 9th and June 24th I was hired.

Beloved? Haha

Yes I totally used you guys as my stepping stone to Doug Petersen..sigh

Yes I get it, you are all upset that there has been essentially zero "official" news since April 1rst, and that there is a chance the team might not play in the city for the first few years (which was stated in the April 1rst press conference by the way) and I also understand that some of you people are sensitive that I happen to support a club that "tolerates" racist ultras and that since I do, I myself must be racist; since after all I preferred (past tense) if we marketed the brand to all people not just Latinos. Again fine. But I am really trying to help you guys.

Some of the more mature people have sent me pms telling me how much they understand what I am doing and not to let people like metro get to me (so much for unity and cohesion amongst all Borough Boys eh?)

The website should be complete in about 2 weeks (or way less)
    The coach should be picked within the same time frame
    Try outs will begin shortly so you will get your rosters
    You will know soon enough where the first games will be played (nothing is final in regards to Hofstra and the city)

A lot of FC New York hosted soccer tournaments are going to take place all over the place in the next few months and everyone will be invited to participate. Things are going great and rather smoothly. Business is business my friends, but things are a lot further then you suspect.

Idk, can't say I tried.

24. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the reason we are sensitive was due to your comments about hoping we don't go for latino fans. That coupled with Lazio support didn't make me feel to good about you. You obviously, changed your mind and now you support Napoli for some reason.

Until Doug Peterson comes officially says, "we are playing at least a few games in the city, and are completely committed to playing in the city as we are building our new stadium at location X in NYC" ....
    then i take FCNY seriously....
    until then this is a bush league joke that will die a quick death out in Long Island.
    Doug Peterson and his cronies are fools if they don't think they can use our help. We've already offered multiple times and it's clear the true "supporters" aren't wanted....so that's that....

25. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You dont have the right to question our unity being you have not been at an event! SO be fore you judge because someone PMd you on a message board why dont you try coming out and talkig to a few of us!

What is it wiht you people becaue of what someone says on a message board - or because you probably have a person or two on the side that does not like Metrogo (wonder whom) PMd you - step away from Internet World - come into the real world and learn about our Unity. Metrogo is one of our most active members and Key Members - you want to learn about our Unity - Come out and well show you what a close knit group is!

This is pretty much the stance and it is what it is! Yes he said teh stadium will be a few years but he also said to us "HOFSTRA IS NOT THE ANSWER" and that "THEY WILL PLAY IN THE CITY"

if they play all games at hofstar - we were lied to! Bottom line!