Double your Treble, Double Your Fun: The 2015-16 Season Thread, Part One

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DenverFootyFan

Jan 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nice contribution. :thumbsup:

3. DenverFootyFan

Jan 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't help it...it is difficult for me to like players who dive. I think it's a scourge on the modern game that should be carded more than fouls. Ronaldo, Robben, Januzaj, etc. make my skin crawl.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To be fair to Busquets, he was fouled by Thiago Motta on the play in question. Hands to the face is an automatic booking.
    Did he make a meal of the situation? Perhaps. But you cannot deny the foul.
    Now, if you want to question the direct red card given to Motta for the foul I'd probably be on board with you.
    Still, the foul deserved at least a yellow and since Motta had already been booked earlier in the match his sending off was justified despite what Mourinho wanted people to believe.

And for the record, despite my love for Barca I've been critical in the past of Barca players who have either dived or made a meal of things after apparent/supposed fouls, especially Dani Alves when he first arrived.
    I've also been critical of Neymar's showboating when the match is beyond doubt (a la Robben's comments recently regarding Diego Costa) but that's a different matter altogether.
    Point being I'll call out Barca players if I'm uncomfortable with their actions. I'm not trying to defend Busquets' peek-a-boo reaction a'tall. I hate it just as much as Real Madrid fans do.
    Just saying that he was fouled and that is the reason why Motta was expelled. Referee wasn't conned into anything.

[​IMG]

jfcule repped this.
  5. DenverFootyFan

Jan 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unclesox, I agree. I just got a bit worked up over his theatrics, which I think only served to negatively affect his reputation. A foul is a foul, as you said, and the card there was appropriate. But I wish divers would get carded for simulation more, and not just told to get up (or even worse, rewarded with a card against the other player). Oh, and I can't stand Mou.

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Kinda rough going if one travels the forums and makes it known which all players one dislikes, especially to the fans of the club of that player. I mean if I hate some Colorado player, I don't go to their forum and start making statements about how I hate their midfielders guts lol.

7. DenverFootyFan

Jan 4, 2014
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely don't hate his guts; I think he's a great player who keeps getting better. I just think that peekaboo moment was a bad moment for his rep. That's all. I didn't realize how sensitive a comment on theatrics would be taken. After all, it was specifically noted in the article. I didn't realize that was off limits, so I apologize.

You can hate anyone you want on the Colorado Rapids you want, especially if they dive.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, agreed obv, that episode was a bad moment in a great player's career.

FWIW, I don't there's much sensitivity on people criticizing diving, but there's sensitivity on non-fans entering a club part of the forum just to badmouth a player of that club.

Peace.

9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    especially when the incident in question happened years ago. get over it and move on.

this is the 2015-16 season thread for FCB fans.

some random anonymous stranger pops up for the first time, and that peekaboo moment is the only thing he takes away from a long article that only mentioned it once in passing. and then he's surprised we're not lining up to welcome him?

unclesox, jfcule and puyol repped this.
  10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Florentino Is Football's Arbitrator

11. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Piqué with some hilarious statements in his presser:

Pique: "My commitment to the national team is the maximum. | I am like this and I'm not going to change."

Pique: "My relationship with Ramos started off somewhat "cold" but has improved."

Pique: "Before Atletico-Madrid last season, I told Iker I wanted them to concede four. And they did. Was great fun."

Pique: "When Madrid played against Juventus in the Champions League semi-final, I was wearing a Buffon shirt."

PIque: "I know it wasn't elegant to talk about Kevin Roldan, but this is a rivalry. I'm proud to be part of this era with Barcelona."

Piqué : "I think the whistling are because of the Barça - Madrid rivalry and my comments about them."

Piqué: "I'm not sorry for anything. I am like this and I will not change. I want Madrid to lose, always."

Pique: "Whistled by spain fans? Honestly, it doesn't really afect me. People can express themselves. More worried about team and coach."

Pique: "People shouldn't want me to change or to ask for forgiveness, because I won't do that. People will have to learn to deal with it."

Pique: "The atmosphere at the national team is better than ever. I get along great with Real Madrid guys too."

Pique: "Quitting national team is the last thing I would do. That would be giving in to those who whistle for the wrong reasons."

Pique: "I don't play for the national team for money - I earn 50 times as much at Barca - or for prestige. I do it because it's right."

Piqué: "For me, getting whistled at the Bernabeu is like a symphony." (LMAO)

ShortyMac, Gilmango, unclesox and 2 others repped this.
  12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    While I think Pique has his idiotic side, I like that he isn't overly apologetic over stuff he shouldn't be apologetic about.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. It's a rivalry for God's sake. Just like he is getting booed because of that rivalry.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    "When Madrid played against Juventus in the Champions League semi-final, I was wearing a Buffon shirt."

"I know it wasn't elegant to talk about Kevin Roldan, but this is a rivalry. I'm proud to be part of this era with Barcelona."

"I'm not sorry for anything. I am like this and I will not change. I want Madrid to lose, always."

Still a ways to go 'til he reaches Hristo-level but I like what he says and how he says it. :cool:

Has anyone ever come close to Stoichkov's memorable bash?
    "I will always hate Real Madrid. There is just something about them that gets up my nose. I would rather the ground opened up and swallowed me than accept a job with them. In fact, I do not like speaking about them because it makes me want to vomit."
    http://bezistena.blog.bg/photos/155635/original/1248158476.jpg

ShortyMac repped this.
  15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah.

I think it's ok and cool to rile up the rivalry a little, but a little meh to be overly aggressive jerk about the rivalry. Pique has definitely not gone too far.

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I thought Pique was brillant today. He turned the whole thing around, made it about the rivalry and not Catalunya. He had his say and shut them all up.
    You can tell it worked because it's not the leading story on the PB papers.

I like that we have an articulate player who loves this team and speaks with balls, not taking shit from LPB.
    I agree with Ron, not quite Hristo but nice.

inswinger repped this.
  17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    this guy is up there too::cool:

unclesox and inswinger repped this.
  18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To be fair that chant had been around for years. Not sure exactly how far it goes back but I have the '92 European Cup final on video including the post-match celebrations after the team received the trophy and as the players held the cup aloft in front of the Barca supporters you can clearly hear the entire 'curve' chanting the phrase.
    But credit to Eto'o for yelling it into a microphone for all to hear. Samu was definitely in Hristo's level as far as speaking his mind no matter the consequences..

inswinger and Gilmango repped this.
  19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    "they hate us cause they anus" -Pique
    :D

[​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    emoney repped this.
  21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So for Roma I think we cannot afford much rotation at all but can then rotate a bit at home in the Liga match next weekend. Fortunately Leo got rested, Rakitic came off too (when Leo came on), and Pique was still suspended. Injury wise we are without Alves, Verm, Bravo and Douglas. So this is what I expect to see:
    MAtS
    S'Roberto-Pique-Masch-Alba
    Raki-Busq-Ini
    Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Ideally get some rest for 3 of Masch, Ini, Alba, and Raki.

22. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona