Dortmund Handed Massive Amoroso Blow

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mario, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Borussia Dortmund's hopes of retaining the Bundelsiga title have been dealt a massive blow with the news that star striker Marcio Amoroso will miss the first three months of the season.

The club have revealed that the Brazilian international has an Achilles tendon inflammation.

The striker netted 18 league goals last season to help Dortmund to their first Bundesliga title since 1996.

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Amoroso wont be transferred

Borussia Dortmund forward Marcio Amoroso has declared in an interview with sports magazine 'Sport-Bild' that he wants to stay with the club until 2005.

There was much speculation about the future of the Brazilian international, but he has now said: "It doesn't matter what will happen, I'll fulfil my contract in Dortmund."

Amoroso was seldom in the starting eleven in recent weeks because he was lacking full fitness. But the differences with coach Matthias Sammer seems to have cleared up.

"We spoke about everything and now I understand his coaching philosophy much better," Amoroso added.