Doop takes a tour of Sporting KC

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by three20three, Mar 10, 2012.

1. three20three

three20three Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Narberth, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Kansas City for work and decided to swing by Livestrong Sporting Park to check out Sporting KC's home.

So I brought my Doop magnet, figured I get a few pictures around the park.

[​IMG]

Then I realized the stadium was wide open...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bigsoccer is limiting me to 3 pictures... but it is a beautiful stadium and a great pitch. I would def recommend the trip if anyone can go!

2. Bdeniso

Bdeniso Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Michiana
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    went there with the SoB trip last year - Really enjoyed the park although at times it felt like a minor league baseball game atmosphere. KC was a surprisingly cool place in itself as well

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... per post. So make more posts!

4. three20three

three20three Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Narberth, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to know...

A shot of their concourse. I agree that it does feel more baseball like. It reminded me of a smaller version of Citizens Bank Park except that all of the seats are below the main concourse area. Also, on the one side you have to walk outside the building to get around the stadium (imagine if you had to walk out the supporters gate, through Toyota Plaza, and back through an opening near the store - that entire area is cut off with a VIP bar area - you can kind of see the area behind the Guinness stand in the 2nd picture below). Their "Toyota Plaza" area is where I took the picture of Doop with Livestrong Sporting Park.

[​IMG]

Beer options (besides the usual watered down variety):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. three20three

three20three Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Narberth, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their supporters section (interestingly enough seemed to be sections 135-139/140)

[​IMG]

Another shot across the stadium towards the supporters section. They were in the middle of setting up the LED advertising boards. Looked really nice!

[​IMG]

The pitch looked beautiful and I considered running down and jumping the fence, but felt that was pushing my luck. It had this weird grass color right in the middle though. It looks like a ray of sunlight in the picture, but the grass was actually a different color there.

[​IMG]

6. three20three

three20three Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Narberth, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last shot.

[​IMG]

7. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a bunch of the stickers that Venture made, but where did you get a magnet from? I have not seen them and would love to get a few.

8. three20three

three20three Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Narberth, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sticker + Glue + Scissors + [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Magnet-Sheets-Inches-03270/dp/B00006HN5Q"]Amazon.com: Avery Magnet Sheets, 8.5 x 11 Inches, White, 5 Pack (03270): Office Products[/ame] = Magic

9. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States