Donovan = Rivaldo

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by SoccerScout, Nov 14, 2003.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rolling on the floor laughing my ass off laughing out loud

Sorta redundant

2. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    o'brien even said it himself that he did it on purpose, what more can i say!?:D:p

3. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Where?

4. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i dont remember who posted it but he said it during an interview. it was a couple months ago.
    what a cheating piece of *#*#*#*#...

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sniff sniff...What's that smell?

Oh yeah, I know that smell...jealous loser.

6. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hmm how old are you, 12? isnt it past your bedtime little fella?:D:p

7. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    yah right...

Posted by: maczebus
    " Donovan is s**t anyway"

Yah he is s**t ayight, s****y players like him sign million dollars contracts with teams like Bayer Leverkrusen everyday......

S****y players like him start for their national team, score two goals in the world cup at the age of 19, start every game of the year for the nats, score game winning goals in the league finals....anything else I should say....nah said enough

Donovan may not have Rivaldo's skill and may not be as famous and probably never will be, but if he is a s***t player then I guess I have just been watching the wrong person for the last couple years....

8. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Re: yah right...

God you're dumb.

You just re-made my points for me.

And for the record. Just because he's the best you've got, doesn't make him 'good'.

9. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    huh....

posted by maczebus:
    God you're dumb.

You just re-made my points for me.

And for the record. Just because he's the best you've got, doesn't make him 'good'.
    ------------------------------------------

I re-made your points....haha......how by saying that donovan might not have rivaldo's touch or finishing ability....yah ok

Lets see who wins in a 50 yd dash...or is better at getting on the end of long balls, or slicing diagonal runs through defenses....

They are both great at somethings, and are better at things than one another....my question is, so what is rivaldo doing now besides rotting on the bench for Milan (Donovan is leading his team to a MLS championship possibly after scoring the Golden Goal to advance to the final), he needs a transfer so he can get some PT besides friendlies against Jamaica...I take nothing away from him, he is a world class player no body doubts that....

But, there is no way you can say donovan is not class and he is by far not our best...how bout O'brien for Ajax, Reyna (only been with Man City half a season and is already in talks for their player of the year award), Beasley for the Fire (wanted by just about every creditable team), Boca (one the best up and coming center backs in the Americas)...there is tons of talent in the US and Donovan probably isnt number one on the pile but the simple fact of the matter is, he is "good", maybe not by your standards but by World Cup standards, MLS standards, American soccer standards, Bayer Leverkrusen standards, etc......

Go ask Mexico, Germany, and Portugal how good Donovan is....

10. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia

excuses. :rolleyes:

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  12. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    I have yet to talk with anyone with soccer knowledge who doesn't say that Donovan has skills to play in ANY league on earth.
    Thems the facts.